IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DELAHOYA SAYS MAYWEATHER AFRAID OF ALVAREZ, afraid to fight him???
KOpower
post Apr 10 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #61

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 10 2013, 01:56 AM) *
The argument isn't from "mayweather fans" its from boxing fans. I could care less if they fought on separate cards or the same card. The argument is Canelo, in terms of real boxing fans, is absolutely nobody to be demanding a mayweather fight. He has fought no one, he has done nothing, his belt is an accessory, a gift. Yes fights fell through with two decent 154 pounders who had not looked good at all in their passed 2-3 fights, but does that warrant him to go down to lower divisions to just pad Gus already padded record? What about molina? Lara? Delvin? Bundrage? Instead he has his sights set on the ortiz lopez winner!?! Two guys who not too long ago were Jr welterweights. He was a joke before this fight got signed, and even Mexican fans like me know it. At least jcc Jr took his schooling like a man and showed some grit.

Btw I can bet money that the other two times Canelo was on mayweathers cards it was because of golden boys agenda not because of the mayweather camp (Wtf was that all about). He would get way more exposure on cards like that than a normal hbo showcase back then.

Canelo isn't demanding anything. Team Mayweather/GBP asked Canelo if he wanted to fight on Mayweather's undercard. Canelo said he would if Floyd signed an agreement. Floyd denied so Canelo made his own event. I don't see what it so unreasonable about that. Mayweather wanted Canelo on the undercard...Canelo made a counter-offer and Mayweather declined. Why is that such an insult to you? It almost sounds like you believe Canelo should get on his knees for Mayweather, fight on his undercard, and then wipe his mouth and say thank you when everything is over.

Would it really have been that much of a difference if Canelo simply said no with no counter-offer?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 10 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 11 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Canelo isn't demanding anything. Team Mayweather/GBP asked Canelo if he wanted to fight on Mayweather's undercard. Canelo said he would if Floyd signed an agreement. Floyd denied so Canelo made his own event. I don't see what it so unreasonable about that. Mayweather wanted Canelo on the undercard...Canelo made a counter-offer and Mayweather declined. Why is that such an insult to you? It almost sounds like you believe Canelo should get on his knees for Mayweather, fight on his undercard, and then wipe his mouth and say thank you when everything is over.

Would it really have been that much of a difference if Canelo simply said no with no counter-offer?

Its not the fact he made a counter offer, its the fact he made a counter offer like he was some big shot.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 10 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #63

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 10:05 AM) *
This whole "he was set to fight (insert fighter's name)" is a load of bullcrap. He wasn't "all set" to fight Kirkland, the fight was "in the works". "In the works" doesn't automatically give a fighter credibility, sorry. Paulie was "in the works" of fighting Floyd a few years ago, does that give him any type of credibility? Canelo was "in the works" of fighting a lot of guys, or so you thought, but let's be real here, they were just trying to build up Canelo's name.

PLEASE stop saying that Canelo isn't riding off of anybody's name, he's perfected it at this point. Wanna know how? Because people are clamoring over him and Floyd fighting, but who has he fought? We've seen it before with Hatton. Dude just has a name that's been shoved so far up your ass, that you're willing to believe anything that his pillow-biting promoter and team is spewing.

Dude has been set to fight a lot of guys, but have we gotten? Lopez, Rhodes, M. Hatton, Gomez, Cintron...and the bullshit list goes on. You can talk big about Canelo after next weekend, but until then, just cut the nonsense. If he loses to Trout on the 20th, will anything that say hold weight?

And please stop asking for evidence, research, or whatever it is that you're begging for. The prognosis is clear, this dude has fought a legt 154lber, he's come up off other fighter's name, and everything about him has been a smoke screen thus far.

Again, just stop failing.

So you think Canelo had no intention of fighting Ortiz? No intention of fighting Williams? Kirkland? It was all just hype to get Canelo's name out there? Eh..I disagree. Let's just agree to disagree.

Canelo stepped up and made the most challenging fight he could make at this point. Major points to him for that. He did that AGAINST the wishes of GBP. So points for that. Canelo stepped up and is making a big and important fight with a really, REALLY good boxer.

I want you to also understand that I want Trout to win. I don't want Canelo to win and I don't think Canelo will win. I just like that Canelo stepped up and made a big fight. It's that simple.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 10 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #64

Lightweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Its not the fact he made a counter offer, its the fact he made a counter offer like he was some big shot.

???

How should Canelo have gone about it then?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 10 2013, 06:06 PM) *
I think Thurman or Berto could be an interesting fight at some point. There are some 154 pounders out there as well. He is fighting the biggest threat out at this point, so take Trout off the list. Cotto is out there. I think the Lara-Angulo winner is out there as well. Those are 3 elite 154 fighters. Like I said, there are big fights out there to be made and this was pretty much the end of the road for him fighting on Mayweather undercards.

I don't agree that Thurman and Berto are good fights for him. He's had enough welters and junior welters, at some point he gotta be a man. I give him repsect for taking on Trput because this is a dangerous fight for him. I mentioned Lara and Kirkland, Angulo could be a good fit but he has to do more. He's looked horrible in his last few fights. Cotto would bring in some cash. I'm 50/50 on his decision to stop fighting on the undercards. Part of me understands the decision because he can command more money at the negotiating table if he grows his fanbase and starts to beat legitimate fighters on cards he headlines. But another part of me thinks it's dumb because he really aint bring that much to the PPV's he was on with Floyd. I know of no hardocre or even casual fan that bought the PPV because Canelo was on it. He was supporting cast for a reason. Whether it was a good idea or bad idea remains to be seen but his value from a business standpoint is not what he thinks it is

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 10 2013, 06:52 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 10 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 03:01 AM) *
Definitely Prof...in the sea of potential fights (within 147/154)...and within the current landscape of GBP/May Promo vs TR/HBO warfare, Canelo is more than likely the biggest payday for FM. Khan however could rival or offer more, with UK buys...

khan is the easier fight therefore more likely.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #67

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 10 2013, 07:44 PM) *
So you think Canelo had no intention of fighting Ortiz? No intention of fighting Williams? Kirkland? It was all just hype to get Canelo's name out there? Eh..I disagree. Let's just agree to disagree.

Canelo stepped up and made the most challenging fight he could make at this point. Major points to him for that. He did that AGAINST the wishes of GBP. So points for that. Canelo stepped up and is making a big and important fight with a really, REALLY good boxer.

I want you to also understand that I want Trout to win. I don't want Canelo to win and I don't think Canelo will win. I just like that Canelo stepped up and made a big fight. It's that simple.

It's not that Canelo had no intentions on fighting these guys, it's the fact that his promotional company doesn't truly want these fights. I've hardly heard Canelo speak a word about those guys, it was his promoter hyping it up, then things suddenly just "fall apart".

As for you being happy that he stepped up and took a legit fight, we share the same sentiments.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 10 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2013, 03:16 PM) *

Exactly. Who the hell and what the hell has Alvarez done to warrant to demand anything? He had no choice to fight a jr. middleweight there was no more welter weights to fight. Hell who was he going to fight The Magic Man? Until Alvarez beats three top jr. middle weights he needs to shut the fuck up and know his role. Listening to Oscar is going to get this kid hurt. You should never believe your own hype especially a manufactured one. See Pacquiao

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 11 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 10 2013, 06:13 PM) *

Yes its an insult, an insult to boxing.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2013, 06:16 PM) *

This
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 10 2013, 06:45 PM) *
???

Idk???? Fight contender in his own division or close to it??? No wait that makes too much sense to actually work. Seems like someones been drinking the coolaid.

Not only has he not fought a legit opponent in his division he hasn't fought a legit opponent period. Let alone someone in the top 10 p4p and he wants to make demands to arguably the top fighter in the game? Get real dude

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 11 2013, 03:14 AM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 11 2013, 12:45 AM) *
???

He should of asked rather than demanded. Simple scenario when I was younger my dad was the hand that fed me so if I wanted something I could

A: I demand money from him and end up with a punch in the face for being disrespectful

B: I ask for some money, give him a good reason why I should have it, generally I was doing well at school, and this makes him happier.

If Canelo vs Trout was a ppv and he did good numbers and he went to Floyd can we do this, I bring in the money. I just beat the top 154lber and Floyd refused then you can male a case for Floyd ducking him. But at the moment he's averaging a C at best since he's been taking the easier tests and because of that their worth less.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 04:31 AM