IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 26 2011, 03:10 AM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 26 2011, 03:02 AM) *
A lil at 154 and a fuckin lot at 147!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If only the best fought the best we could reflect back on those fights instead of talking about them in this manner.

Yeah but we weren't discussing 147 were we? I'm just saying they had no business being at 154 despite having fought there.

Remember when Hopkins was briefly toying with fighting Maskaev at HW for the title? Say he'd won the title then immediately gone back down to LHW I would've said the same thing. Just coz he won a strap there would not have meant he belonged there.

Yes 147 is a different discussion altogether, and one we'd be more likely to agree on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 26 2011, 03:35 AM
Post #62

Guests

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 26 2011, 09:10 AM) *
While it would be the best possible payday for SMartinez it makes little sense for either Pac or FMJ since Sergio would most likely smoke them both.

Unless there is some bullshit catchweight, I would feel confident in Martinez beating Pac at 154 but that doesn't make it a bad fight either. As for Mayweather-Martinez at 154? I'm not so sure! Martinez is pretty short, getting there in age and I don't think there will be that much of a size difference in this match. Both have great, yet very different jabs from eachother and I think it would come down to who could have success with that very punch. Pretty close fight for me here.

After Mayweather-Pac I think a fight with Martinez would be one of the biggest fights to be made on boxing. If either Mayweather-Pac fought Martinez they would get all the respect in the world and I'm not even talking about if they were to pull it off either. It would do wonders for not only their career but their damaged reputation and legacy. I think there would be more than enough money and glory to out weigh the risk factor in this fight. I am not expecting either to step up to the plate, but I also think it's far from making little sense either!

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 26 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Yeah but we weren't discussing 147 were we? I'm just saying they had no business being at 154 despite having fought there.

Remember when Hopkins was briefly toying with fighting Maskaev at HW for the title? Say he'd won the title then immediately gone back down to LHW I would've said the same thing. Just coz he won a strap there would not have meant he belonged there.

Yes 147 is a different discussion altogether, and one we'd be more likely to agree on.

No, we weren't talking about 147. I just thought with one of your comments about 154, it also heavily applied to both their careers at 147 too.

I see where your getting at with the Hopkins statement and I agree that that would have been the case for him. But alot of that comes down to that scenario being at Heavyweight which makes a ton of difference when Hopkins was supposedly gonna move up 2 divisions against opponents who can and will weigh as much as they want with no weight limits. I don't think it's the same when discussing fights at 154 between 3 fighters who have all fought there before and are only a division apart from making the fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 26 2011, 08:15 AM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 03:35 AM) *
I agree.

My basic point is so many are getting swayed from the Judah fight how Khan controlled him and Judah could not get to him. The thing is Judah is a mental midget and basically did not come to win.

Where as Maidana got to Khan, I am quite sure Bradley would have no problem getting to Khan either. I do not buy for one minute that Khan would be able to keep Tim at bay all night with his size and reach. Too many other factors play into it. Bradley is just as fast as Khan, he is superbly conditioned, has shown to be mentally tough, and is still undefeated. Bradley is no Judah and would KNOW to apply pressure and make it more of a brawl than a boxing match. AND Khan clearly has shown to want to mix it up and not play it safe in there.

I agree with you on the fact that Judah did not come to fight. Let's just hope that Bradley can really make his way to the inside, because Khan effectively did everything to keep Zab away all night, so it really wasn't a fight. We all know that Zab's facial features dont hold up past 4 or 5 rounds anyway, so Khan didn't do that much damage. We've all waited to see who was the best at 140, and Bradley is surely holding that up. Khan is also scoping a big fight at 147, but he is still handling his business at 140...unlike Bradley who is holding two major titles and is having a hard time deciding if he wants to be a WW or not, smh. Im not a Khan fan, by the way.

At this point, I would much rather Bradley vacate the titles so that we can really see who is the best at 140. He cant come back later, fussing and claiming that he was the best in the division, when he was one fight away from proving it. Though he has contract issues, he could've at least let the fans know that he was interested in fighting Khan as soon as he worked it out, but he did the opposite. Now that Khan is hustling his way to a big fight, we have Bradley inactive and begging for a big bout that he truly doesn't deserve as of yet (in my opinion). There really isn't anybody for him to fight until next year though, do you agree? If he gets another opportunity to make himself known, I just pray that he doesn't blow it for the sake of his career.

+Quote Post
BoxingDuringDinn...
post Jul 26 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #64

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,771

I just hope they make a decent PPV card all around. I miss those big cards with 3-4 championship fights. The good ol days. With that said I still think Bradley should fight Khan instead of waiting around for Pacquiao. He's not assured that fight will ever happen.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 26 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #65

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (BoxingDuringDinner @ Jul 26 2011, 11:37 AM) *
I just hope they make a decent PPV card all around. I miss those big cards with 3-4 championship fights. The good ol days. With that said I still think Bradley should fight Khan instead of waiting around for Pacquiao. He's not assured that fight will ever happen.

he's not assured that he will still be alive to spend his riches if the fight DID take place. he should fight khan, 2 mil, a good scrap, and a less severe beating. everybody wins. it just occurred to me what a fantastic fight Ortiz-Khan would be at welterweight. i would LOVE to see that depending on how Ortiz fares(loses) against Mayweather.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 26 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 08:35 AM) *
I agree.

My basic point is so many are getting swayed from the Judah fight how Khan controlled him and Judah could not get to him. The thing is Judah is a mental midget and basically did not come to win.

Where as Maidana got to Khan, I am quite sure Bradley would have no problem getting to Khan either. I do not buy for one minute that Khan would be able to keep Tim at bay all night with his size and reach. Too many other factors play into it. Bradley is just as fast as Khan, he is superbly conditioned, has shown to be mentally tough, and is still undefeated. Bradley is no Judah and would KNOW to apply pressure and make it more of a brawl than a boxing match. AND Khan clearly has shown to want to mix it up and not play it safe in there.

All good points. I would pick Khan over Bradley but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley pip it.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 26 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 26 2011, 06:29 AM) *
Call me old fashioned but I would just like to see the two best 140 fighters get it on for an undisputed fight, and the best 147 fighters get it on. Then they can see what happens after that.

+1

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 26 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #68

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan, and 2. ever that good to begin with. Bradley would get outboxed and probably knocked out by Khan. Recall what another mental midget, Kendall Holt, did to Bradley without that much exertion. If Bradley was on the receiving end of that left hook to the body that Khan knocked Maidana down with, it would never have gotten to the 10th round. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stand toe to toe nor the defensive acumen to apply consistent pressure while swamping Khan with activity.

This is what Bradley has to deal with: 1. a tall man, 2. an explosive puncher, 3. a fighter who is as quick or quicker, 4. a more active fighter, 5. a fighter who can move better than he can; and 6. his own lack of power to equalize any of these disadvantages ala Maidana. Bradley's hope is that he lands a good headbutt-rabbit punch-lowblow combination that rattles and discombobulates Khan for 12 rounds. The fight SHOULD take place nevertheless. I don't understand why Khan is taking another 140 tune up in England. They should be trying to do the Bradley fight next at welterweight. That'll be a good tune up for Khan in light of the Floyd fight.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jul 26 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #69

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 26 2011, 11:57 AM) *
he's not assured that he will still be alive to spend his riches if the fight DID take place. he should fight khan, 2 mil, a good scrap, and a less severe beating. everybody wins. it just occurred to me what a fantastic fight Ortiz-Khan would be at welterweight. i would LOVE to see that depending on how Ortiz fares(loses) against Mayweather.

I agree that Ortiz-Khan should now come to the forefront. In fact, Khan should first test himself at WW against an opponent such as Mike Jones (if Arum would allow) before Ortiz.

Although this Khan guy is growing on me, I just don't like the continuous shrill/noise he's making at this time wanting a big fight with Mayweather. He is also beginning to make Roach peddle the same song, although they're both confused as to whether they want it immediately or one, two, three, or even four fights away after Judah. To me, these types of noises just serve to further blunt all stakeholder focus on the anticipated May-Pac showdown. The noises also inadvertently give further ammunition to team Pacquiao (via Arum) and Mayweather (via himself) to further wriggle out of it (the Pac-May superfight,) or, in a best case scenario, delay the super fight even further.

Please these Khan and Bradley noise-makers should just keep quiet so we can "see the road."

P34c3

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 26 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 27 2011, 12:52 AM) *
"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan

That is also a fair call.

No way Khan rips Bradley up like he did Judah (I said previously I thought Judah was MADE for Khans style, much as Mayorga was for DLH).

But I do think Khan is still improving. Bradley however, while lacking raw natural abilities like Khan, he is cagey as hell and skillful, conditioned and tough. He should make it a fight.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:35 AM