Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strikeforces Diaz vs Daley
AussieLad
post Apr 7 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

This looks like a good match up. I like the Diaz brothers. Aggressive and not giving a fuck what people think of them. Entertaining to watch

I like Diaz in this. Think he will take it to the ground and submit Daley. Daley has brutal power though and could easily switch off anyone in the divisions lights with one punch

Dont like Daley as much though since he took a swing at koscheck after the fight finnished. Poor sportsmanship and acting like a petulant child. No way to honour the warrior code
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 7 2011, 09:12 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

This is a helluva card Diaz, Melendez, Aoki and Moussasi all in one night.

Diaz/Daley is a touhg one IMO i agree Nick should take it down but he's a pretty cocky guy knowing him he'l wanna stand and trade with Daley which won't be a good idea. But i eventually see Diaz takeing it down and subbing Daley sometime late in the fight.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Apr 8 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 7 2011, 02:42 AM) *
Dont like Daley as much though since he took a swing at koscheck after the fight finnished. Poor sportsmanship and acting like a petulant child. No way to honour the warrior code

as appose to all the shyt Diaz has done?

kinda hope Diaz gets KTFO, and Koscheck deserved it...lol

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Apr 9 2011, 04:52 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Apr 8 2011, 05:45 PM) *
as appose to all the shyt Diaz has done?

kinda hope Diaz gets KTFO, and Koscheck deserved it...lol

Koscheck deserves whatever he gets.

As for Diaz, he wins this fight on paper. In reality though, Nick has a nasty habit of trying to fight to his opponents strengths. If he tries to stand with Daley for any appreciable time he will get stopped. If he fights smart and mixes up up his striking with a healthy of dose of takedowns and G'n'P then he'll take it rather easily.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Apr 9 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #5

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 9 2011, 04:52 AM) *
Koscheck deserves whatever he gets.

As for Diaz, he wins this fight on paper. In reality though, Nick has a nasty habit of trying to fight to his opponents strengths. If he tries to stand with Daley for any appreciable time he will get stopped. If he fights smart and mixes up up his striking with a healthy of dose of takedowns and G'n'P then he'll take it rather easily.

agreed.

but either one face down on the mat works, really.lol

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 10 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

This was a tasty card...I really enjoyed it......I wish more people would come in here and post about MMA.

Melendez seems to have leveled up...he looked like he wanted to KILL Kawajiri in there...action NOT for women and children....lol...his movement and standup game has noticeably improved...I'd take him over Maynard and possibly Edgar now....

Nick Diaz taunting and blasting out Daley?...lol...love that guy.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 10 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

St. Pierre vs. Diaz after St Pierre deals with that sissy Shields...WAR DIAZ!!!

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 10 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Melendez is on a roll i think he's the best LW in the world and i hope a unification fight with Edgar comes through so he can prove it.

Diaz is a bad ass i thought that if he stood with Daley too long he would get stopped but he showed why he's one of the best WW in the world i would like to see Diaz/St. Pierre happen aswell.

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Apr 17 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

So, now that Dana White will be in the mix, anyone else besides me think Diaz's next fight is going to be against some underdog wild card that just happens to be his kryptonite?

I ain't sold on Melendez yet, Kawajiri was way overly hyped, i've seen him fight several times he ain't as good as they touted him to be.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 17 2011, 04:43 AM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

That would want to be some serious wildcard there to beat Diaz. The dude is dangerous.

I assume you mean they dont want him overshadowing GSP? GSP certainly is marketable, and a poster boy for the UFC. Diaz could be just as markietable given his style and abilities, just not a clean cut image. He would be the bad boy.

The UFC isnt an organization which spoon feeds its champions with weak opponents. It loves throwing high profile new entrants to the wolves, just as much as loves stickingits champions in against the best they have available.

If they really wanted to preserve GSP for revenues sake, then they wouldnt be thinking about him fighting Anderson. Because Anderson is too big for GSP, and is going to fuck him up

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 07:03 AM