Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather/Bradley
The Original MrF...
post Sep 30 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

This fight will be made. It is smart business-wise for the Mayweather camp for 2 reasons.

1. Bradley has a win over Pacquiao(no matter what you think you saw). If Maywether beats Bradley(which is almost a guarantee), then he doesnt have to fight Pacquiao because he beat the guy who beat him. OR, he can go into negotiations for a Pacquiao fight with a larger chunk of the purse. What was 55 - 45 will easilit become 65 - 35 or worse.

2. Bradley is at least on paper a legit fight, so all the Sergio Martinez vs Mayweather talk goes away. Mayweather will kill 2 birds with one stone. He can avoid the threat that Martinez poses and save face because his fans will argue that Bradley was a better opponent anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 30 2012, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I made a thread about this a while back too feeling that if mayweather called Bradley out either A. He would screw arum into a corner and B. Force pacs hand for a rematch if he wants Floyd.

But we all know arum won't let it happen, it would make his cash cow look terrible if mayweather schools Bradley. If Tim had trouble with a counter puncher like holt mayweather can possibly stop him

This post has been edited by checkleft: Sep 30 2012, 03:38 AM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Sep 30 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Mayweather goes at guys with zero power... 9 rounds and Bradley is out of there... Bradley has well rounded skills but no power. A good business fight and Floyd again dishes out more punishment than he takes... he would suffer minimal damage in hacking up Bradley and make big bucks

+Quote Post
Plah
post Sep 30 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

This fight won't be made... ever.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 30 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 30 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Mayweather goes at guys with zero power... 9 rounds and Bradley is out of there... Bradley has well rounded skills but no power. A good business fight and Floyd again dishes out more punishment than he takes... he would suffer minimal damage in hacking up Bradley and make big bucks

I guess Ortiz, cotto, Mosley, and Oscar have zero power. The only upside to a fight with Bradley is the fact that it would mean Mayweather, Golden Boy, and Top Rank are working together. Highly doubt this fight will be made though

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Oct 1 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 30 2012, 01:58 PM) *
I guess Ortiz, cotto, Mosley, and Oscar have zero power. The only upside to a fight with Bradley is the fact that it would mean Mayweather, Golden Boy, and Top Rank are working together. Highly doubt this fight will be made though

I think dude just meant that Floyd would be aggressive against Bradley in terms of how he'd fight him. I agree that the fight wont be made so long as Bradley is with TopRank, but it did make sense. Because of Sergio Martinez remarks, I expect Mayweather to stay on the shelf for a while. I dont see him fighting Martinez either.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 1 2012, 08:01 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 1 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I think dude just meant that Floyd would be aggressive against Bradley in terms of how he'd fight him. I agree that the fight wont be made so long as Bradley is with TopRank, but it did make sense. Because of Sergio Martinez remarks, I expect Mayweather to stay on the shelf for a while. I dont see him fighting Martinez either.

What were his remarks?

N Yea, this one is a looooooong shot. It would be a win win for Arum. He'd make money off of Floyd, keep Bradley relevant and keep Manny, whose still his cash cow for now, protected. It's actually a win win win lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 1 2012, 08:01 AM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 1 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 1 2012, 01:34 AM) *

You are right, I misunderstood the post.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Oct 1 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 1 2012, 09:01 AM) *
What were his remarks?

N Yea, this one is a looooooong shot. It would be a win win for Arum. He'd make money off of Floyd, keep Bradley relevant and keep Manny, whose still his cash cow for now, protected. It's actually a win win win lol

At another website, an article was published stating that Sergio would fight Mayweather at 54 and he would crush his bones or something like that.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 1 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 1 2012, 08:01 AM) *
What were his remarks?

Arum doesn't want to see mayweather make a dime and mayweather doesn't want arum to make a dime either which is why the negotiations are going the way they are going.

Arum is probably saving Bradley for one of pacs last fights. And if rios looks good in his next fight I'm sure he will be in the running for a pac fight.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:12 AM