IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
Snoop
post Jul 25 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #11

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Well, it'd be the first live opponent we've seen Pac face in about two years. At least it's a start.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 25 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

Pacman should fight Martinez or Guerrero. The Terrorist is soft since he said he won't fight Pac becuz of their friendship. If he believes when they fight their friendship will end if they fought then their friendship is weak to begin with. Martinez is about the same size as Margarito and they had him come down to 154 then Roach claims he's too big when both him and Margs are about the same size. Jesus. Manny needs a new team PRONTO. These fucks are fucking up his legacy. Bradley is a terrible opponent for Pac who will not respect his power and just walk through him. I would like to see Pac fight Guerrero who I think is the biggest sleeper cell in boxing right now. This guy has been getting better and better. He's stepping up his opposition and has an array of skills. I think as he grows into the higher divisions his body will mature and he has the tools to give Pac problems without him just walking through everything. And he doesn't just always stand and trade which is Pac's kryptonite.

This post has been edited by BoxingWizard23: Jul 25 2011, 02:03 AM

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 25 2011, 02:18 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 25 2011, 12:03 AM) *
Pacman should fight Martinez or Guerrero. The Terrorist is soft since he said he won't fight Pac becuz of their friendship. If he believes when they fight their friendship will end if they fought then their friendship is weak to begin with. Martinez is about the same size as Margarito and they had him come down to 154 then Roach claims he's too big when both him and Margs are about the same size. Jesus. Manny needs a new team PRONTO. These fucks are fucking up his legacy. Bradley is a terrible opponent for Pac who will not respect his power and just walk through him. I would like to see Pac fight Guerrero who I think is the biggest sleeper cell in boxing right now. This guy has been getting better and better. He's stepping up his opposition and has an array of skills. I think as he grows into the higher divisions his body will mature and he has the tools to give Pac problems without him just walking through everything. And he doesn't just always stand and trade which is Pac's kryptonite.

Lol well they're both trained by Roach and Alex Ariza. If you can figure out a solution to this that will satisfy both fighters and their trainers i'd love to hear it.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 25 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 25 2011, 02:03 AM) *
Martinez is about the same size as Margarito and they had him come down to 154 then Roach claims he's too big when both him and Margs are about the same size. Jesus. Manny needs a new team PRONTO. These fucks are fucking up his legacy.

If they are really honest I suspect Team Pac would admit taking on such a big guy like Marg was a mistake. Sure they won the fight but being unable to get out of bed for 2 days wasn't part of the plan. I think they recognised that anything over 150 is simply too big for Pac.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Jul 25 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 08:26 AM) *
If they are really honest I suspect Team Pac would admit taking on such a big guy like Marg was a mistake. Sure they won the fight but being unable to get out of bed for 2 days wasn't part of the plan. I think they recognised that anything over 150 is simply too big for Pac.

Props for Manny moving up and taking on Margarito to become champion!!

If they were really honest Team Pac would admit despite size, taking on a much slower, weight drained, damaged fighter who was a criminal cheat at a 'catchweight' (that was never met) to claim 'history' in front of fans was no mistake! None what soever.

Pac fans like to bring up 'that punch' that 'hurt' Manny and his little trip to hospital to remind them it wasn't actually an entire farce. Like a fighter has never received a body shot or a fighter has never gone to the hospital after a fight!? Yet it gets mentioned how many times for this fight? I must of missed all of this punishment Pac copped against Margarito!

I think they recognized anyone over 150 who doesn't fit the criteria for his opponent is simply too 'big' for Pac!

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 25 2011, 03:38 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 25 2011, 03:12 AM) *
Props for Manny moving up and taking on Margarito to become champion!!

If they were really honest Team Pac would admit despite size, taking on a much slower, weight drained, damaged fighter who was a criminal cheat at a 'catchweight' (that was never met) to claim 'history' in front of fans was no mistake! None what soever.

Pac fans like to bring up 'that punch' that 'hurt' Manny and his little trip to hospital to remind them it wasn't actually an entire farce. Like a fighter has never received a body shot or a fighter has never gone to the hospital after a fight!? Yet it gets mentioned how many times for this fight? I must of missed all of this punishment Pac copped against Margarito!

I think they recognized anyone over 150 who doesn't fit the criteria for his opponent is simply too 'big' for Pac!

I'm not sure what being slower, cheating, CW or even damaged fighter has to do with it. At the end of the day Margarito can still punch and I'm actually gonna pick him in the rematch with Cotto.

Did they cherry pick a shit fighter to wina meaningless title? yes. would they do it again if someone feather fisted like Yuri Foreman held a strap? Probably however watching that fight Manny was hurt more than once, although i think we can all agree about the 1 obvious time you are referring to.

It's common knowledge that he was in bed for a couple of days after the fight and he even cancelled one of those dinky concerts he likes to do after a fight. I still say he got hurt way more than they planned.

Surely everyone's got their ceiling? Or would you just expect Manny to keep going up and up and up? They tried fighting someone at 150 who has a decent punch with the safety net of knowing that the guy was slow and one dimensional should Manny get into trouble. They found out that 150 and above is going to be a stretch for Manny. And fighting someone who can really punch but has some speed and technique as well would be crazy.

For the record I would say the same for Floyd as well. These guys started at under 130 pounds and I for one don't expect them to just keep going up in weight and fighting bigger and bigger and bigger guys. In fact they're damn lucky they aren't fighting 10 years earlier when they would've had to fight Winky, Vernon, Vargas, Trinidad, De la Hoya and Vernon.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 25 2011, 04:03 AM
Post #17

Guests

Oh no. A fighter got hurt in a boxing fight and was sore the next day, need to make sure they can't let that happen again, lol.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 25 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:03 AM) *
Oh no. A fighter got hurt in a boxing fight and was sore the next day, need to make sure they can't let that happen again, lol.

Well fuck it then let's see Manny and Floyd fight at HW. You're right a little bruising shouldn't be a problem.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 25 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 25 2011, 02:10 AM) *
Well fuck it then let's see Manny and Floyd fight at HW. You're right a little bruising shouldn't be a problem.

in all seriousness, with the HW division being so fucking pathetic as it is, Floyd and manny could probably do some damage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Jul 25 2011, 04:18 AM

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 25 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

This actually makes a bit of sense for Bradley to get Pac next given there is talk about Khan getting Mayweather next.

Which would could ruin a Mayweather V Pac superfight?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:56 AM