Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ali v/s Marciano, who wins and why
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 29 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

I know right off the bat the majority are going to say ali easily. That being said, I too pick Ali, but in a classic, not a cakewalk. Marciano reminds me alot of Joe Frasier, and Ali and Frasiers fights are timeless.

Forget MArciano retiring undefeated, as a fighter, I feel he is very under rated. So whats your opinions guys?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 29 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #2

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 29 2010, 03:00 PM) *
I know right off the bat the majority are going to say ali easily. That being said, I too pick Ali, but in a classic, not a cakewalk. Marciano reminds me alot of Joe Frasier, and Ali and Frasiers fights are timeless.

Forget MArciano retiring undefeated, as a fighter, I feel he is very under rated. So whats your opinions guys?

Dude how could you post the interview and not the "Super Fight"??

Anyway,I think it would be a really good fight..Marciano knew how to parry a jab very effectively(from Tony Zale) and was able to punch off it and move in on guys off it..He'd have to chase Ali for a bit unless Ali chose to stand and fight it out with him which I think he wouldn't do after taking some shots to his body and arms..Ali had said after this "sparring" for the "Super Fight",he had bruises all over his arms and body from the punches of Marciano..Archie Moore had also said the same thing about Marciano's punches..He said everytime Marciano would hit his arms,it hurt and that he was "Wham,bam,don't give a damn"..Marciano didn't care if he wasn't hitting you flush in the face as long as he was hitting you..Marciano could take a hell of a punch too..He wasn't the fastest guy but after my boxing knowledge had increased I began to appreciate Marciano more and see him as more of a skilled guy instead of just a bulldozer..I think Marciano would be throwing a lot belly jabs to set up the big stuff on Ali..

On to Ali,Ali would give him problems with his speed and movement..Ali also could take a hell of a punch..He was good at putting punches together and punching at the right moment..He'd try to use Marciano's height and reach against him..I don't really feel like adding more and wasting time since you all pretty much know Ali..

In my opinion,Ali by 15 round UD BUT if it were a trilogy,I see Marciano taking one of the fights..

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 29 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

I think Ali before the layoff would take him. A lot of this match up depends on what Ali gets in the ring, if it's a prime Ali I'd just see him out-boxing Marciano.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:02 AM