Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 20 2013, 03:10 AM) *
Jones/Tarver 2

Foreman/Moorer

Mercer/Morrison

Leonard/Hearns 1 and Leonard/Duran 2

I was just going to post Foreman/Moorer. This could be the most career defining fight in boxing history.
Foreman was most known for losing to Ali, until he came back and became the oldest HW champ. This opened the door for the Grill and other ventures.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 20 2013, 06:51 AM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Foreman-Moorer is great but I'd raise you frazier-foreman as the better signature performance

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 20 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 20 2013, 06:51 AM) *
Foreman-Moorer is great but I'd raise you frazier-foreman as the better signature performance

The tale of two Foreman's... The young Foreman was so different from the old Foreman. Kinda depends on who you're asking I guess. Some prefer Young Foreman for his brutality in those Frazier fights. Some prefer the Old Foreman who took punishment all night long until he 2 pieced Moorer.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2013, 10:36 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cotto/Judah: Cotto was a monster back then, though Judah was coming off a long layoff. That fight had so many twists and turns!

Barrera/Morales: Barrera seemed to have put on his best performance of all 3 fights. I dont mind anybody disputing this, because my recollection of the first two fight are crazy, I just remember them throwing a shitload of punches. Why doesn't HBO replay classic fights like these???

Morales/Pacquiao I: Morales proved himself in this fight, and I truly became a big fan of his, because he had shown signs of wearing down in the Barrera fights, and was still able to keep up a good pace against a younger, stronger, wilder, Pacquiao.

Mayweather/Corley: This is one of Floyd's best performances at the lower weights, in my opinion. Everything before that was super fundamental, and only an experienced viewer could appreciate. In this bout, he put it all out there, and Corley served up some good shots throughout the fight.

Casamayor/Katsidis: That's got to be the worst that I've ever seen Katsidis get handled. Casamayor just did him dirty, and I'm not even the biggest Casamayor fan out there, by any stretch of the imagination. I thought Joel was back to shake up the division...until he ran into Marquez of course.

JMM/Diaz I: Classic performance by an older Marquez, against a younger, stronger, opponent. Diaz may not have had that much power, but he DID hurt Marquez a few times in that one. JMM's victory gave him a breath of new life, as far as his career was concerned.

Morales/Maidana: I gotta give it to Morales for this performance! Dude was older and wasn't there to be denied...swollen eye and all. Even in a close losing effort, dude once again gave me a reason to remain a fan of his. Only veterans can fight a machine like Maidana, with one eye, and shaky legs. Not to mention, I actually got my money's worth when I ordered that one. I took a big chance, but it paid off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Pacquiao/D. Diaz: Manny showed us all of his weapons in that fight! Though Diaz was slow, hell, who isn't slow against Manny? Lol. We actually saw him use his jab, that newly-found right hook, and his footwork was the best in that fight, that I've ever seen him (please dispute this, if necessary). Though we see what fighters truly have in their arsenal against slower opponents, the point is, at least we know what they have. He landed a right hook in the recent JMM fight, which started A LOT of trouble.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 20 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #16

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Casamayor/Katsidis: That's got to be the worst that I've ever seen Katsidis get handled. Casamayor just did him dirty, and I'm not even the biggest Casamayor fan out there, by any stretch of the imagination. I thought Joel was back to shake up the division...until he ran into Marquez of course.

How could I forget that one!!! 2 KDs in the very first minute of the fight if I remember correctly! I used to like Joel a lot. Crafty a had some power. Good one, C'!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 20 2013, 12:06 PM) *
How could I forget that one!!! 2 KDs in the very first minute of the fight if I remember correctly! I used to like Joel a lot. Crafty a had some power. Good one, C'!

Thanks!

Where's your list??? I'm sure you have a classic bout that slipped my mind. Lol

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 20 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #18

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Thanks!

Where's your list??? I'm sure you have a classic bout that slipped my mind. Lol

My list....well. It's hard to find THE performance...but what the hell. I take it more like "Say a name and i'll tell you what pops into my mind"...maybe I hit a signature performance, maybe I' dont...

Mayweather/Gatti - Talking about manhandling?

Bowe/Holyfield - Riddick at his best. Too bad he never showed the same effort again...

Hearns/Duran - I know it came after Hearns's first loss, but that right hand....god DAMN....that one had signature written all over itself !

Tzsyu/Judah - It's time for Clucking bell...

Cotto/Mosley - To me that was MC's coming out party...

Frazier/Ali - Epitomy of what rivalry, brotherhood and revenge is all about...Frazier deserved it and that KD? That was probably one of the sweetest moments in boxing imo.

Foreman/Holyfield - Big George and his comeback. During this fight you could literally see and say "Man, he really means it".

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 20 2013, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 19 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Personally I don't look at any of those as "Signature" fights because none of them define the very best performance of either fighter. A "Signature Fight" is one that defines the very best performance a boxer/fighter has put on (A Clinic, if you will).

Hopkins had another Signature Performance vs Kelly Pavlik, some believed it was better than his bout vs Tito.

Winky had his signature bout vs Tito as well. Jones put on a clinic vs Pazienza and Toney.

pavlik had the flu and came up to 170.

tito was shot against winky.

pazienza was several weight classes and several years past his prime.

toney had the flu against roy....and really, roy didn't do much in that fight.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 20 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 20 2013, 01:54 PM) *
My list....well. It's hard to find THE performance...but what the hell. I take it more like "Say a name and i'll tell you what pops into my mind"...maybe I hit a signature performance, maybe I' dont...

Mayweather/Gatti - Talking about manhandling?

Bowe/Holyfield - Riddick at his best. Too bad he never showed the same effort again...

[b]Hearns/Duran - I know it came after Hearns's first loss, but that right hand....god DAMN....that one had signature written all over itself !

Tzsyu/Judah - It's time for Clucking bell...

Cotto/Mosley - To me that was MC's coming out party...

Frazier/Ali - Epitomy of what rivalry, brotherhood and revenge is all about...Frazier deserved it and that KD? That was probably one of the sweetest moments in boxing imo.

Foreman/Holyfield - Big George and his comeback. During this fight you could literally see and say "Man, he really means it".

It left Hearns signature right on Duran's face. That was a one hitter quitter. Duran probably kept that bushy beard to cover up the words Thomas Hearns. Good one mitukczuk!

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Feb 20 2013, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:37 AM