IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Think Floyd Mayweather Will Retire Undefeated?
Do You Think Floyd Mayweather Will Retire Undefeated?
Fighting all 6 fights against Top Level Competition.
Yes, he'll retire undefeated [ 7 ] ** [63.64%]
No, he'll retire defeated [ 4 ] ** [36.36%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
mgrover
post Mar 24 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

300 million?? do you think Mayweather can really burn through all that? I hope Leonard makes sure he invests it in something that will give him a nice money stream after he retires, hopefully Mayweather Promotions does well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 24 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 24 2013, 03:22 AM) *
I think he retires undefeated even with Canelo and Martinez in his last 6 fights.. Canelo would be probably his most exciting fight and record breaker, he would easily handle Canelo, Canelo is tough, young, and eager, so he will try as much as he can but he will go down in the later rounds. Mayweather will be too much, if not a late KO then UD. Mayweather vs DLH 2....And for Martinez, as much as i like his style, its one dimensional, potshotter, keeps his hands down, can counter, no defense. He will get excited and gas out early. he almost didnt make it 12 with Chavez, and Mayweather will hit him more than chavez...Guerrero, Gamboa, Pacquiao, Bradley, Alexander all go out soundly, pacquiao would be toughest of the 5 just off strength but we already know what happens to pacquiao against someone who can counter (marquez) and who can skeet-skoot (bradley).

there's my logic along with alittle simulation from Fight Night Champion....I don't think he would take the Trout fight, but its boxing and anything can happen.

Bernard Hopkins said before that Mayweather's defense was better than his, I like how Bhop is defying age and showing how brain trumps brawn. Marquez also should have motivated to show that age is no factor, as long as Mayweather takes care of his body and keeps working, i have no doubt his skills will pay his bills and then some..

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 24 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Did someone just compared May weathers power to be on par with Chavez Jr a most likely 190lb Chavez Jr...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 24 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

it depends how many times does he fight. if he's going to fufill his showtime contract, then no.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 25 2013, 05:31 AM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 24 2013, 09:12 PM) *
Did someone just compared May weathers power to be on par with Chavez Jr a most likely 190lb Chavez Jr...

I was thinking THE SAME DAMN THING! There is no comparison because of the weight advantage Chavez Jr. Had that night.....

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 25 2013, 06:37 AM
Post #26

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I wasn't comparing attributed strength. I was just stating that Mayweather would hit Martinez more than Chavez did in 12 rounds.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 25 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 25 2013, 07:37 AM) *
I wasn't comparing attributed strength. I was just stating that Mayweather would hit Martinez more than Chavez did in 12 rounds.

Martinez has always gotten tagged. Idk why people think he's so slick, chavez barley landed on him the things he did land were just semi heavyweight lol. Mayweathers 10 times more accurately then anyone he's fought but that's far from the real question, once mayweather is hit can he take Martinez speed and power?

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 25 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #28

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 25 2013, 11:05 AM) *
Martinez has always gotten tagged. Idk why people think he's so slick, chavez barley landed on him the things he did land were just semi heavyweight lol. Mayweathers 10 times more accurately then anyone he's fought but that's far from the real question, once mayweather is hit can he take Martinez speed and power?

Floy'ds defense and agility will offset that his speed... Power? Martinez does not strilke me as such a powerful puncher The Paul Williams one shot deal spooked people.. Mayweather will not put himself in a position where is running into punches- like Pac did against Marquezzz--- Martinez Power will be negated as well.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 25 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 25 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Floy'ds defense and agility will offset that his speed... Power? Martinez does not strilke me as such a powerful puncher The Paul Williams one shot deal spooked people.. Mayweather will not put himself in a position where is running into punches- like Pac did against Marquezzz--- Martinez Power will be negated as well.

Forget the williams shot, cause Paul went in blind sort of how pac did. But didnt Martinez bust barkers ear drum? The same guy that fractured chavez face and busted and cut up pavlic and macklins face? I agree he probably doesn't have 1 punch ko power but he has some serious weight on his shots.

But as you mentioned (if Floyd is still in semi top shape) the question is whether he can land something meaningful on mayweather.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 25 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 25 2013, 11:37 AM) *

Maybe, but Martinez wouldn't have to run for 11 out of those 12 rounds thanks to the weight advantage his opponent had. Martinez was literally exhausted by the end of that fight because he put everything he had into it. It's why he dominated 11/12 rounds.

How will Mayweather deal with a middleweight hitting him? He sure didn't like when Ortiz touched him and he weighed in close to 160 did he not? End of it all boxing isn't a game of top trumps so people should stop acting like it is.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 25 2013, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:21 AM