IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who Is The Bravest and The Most Coward Boxers of All Time, Name the Top 10 Bravest and Cowrad Boxers Of All Time,..and justify...
dominicbuilder9k...
post Jul 19 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,500

I want to get the consensus of all boxing fans as to who they think is the TOP 5 BRAVEST boxers and the TOP 5 COWARD boxers of all time...

Then we will send notification to ESPN and HBO to at least present the award to whoever will win..
It is not necessary to give all 5 names in the bravest or coward category...but it will be appreciated if you justify the reason of your answer...

This post has been edited by dominicbuilder9k1: Jul 19 2010, 01:13 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 19 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #2

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Jul 19 2010, 01:12 AM) *
I want to get the consensus of all boxing fans as to who they think is the TOP 5 BRAVEST boxers and the TOP 5 COWARD boxers of all time...

Then we will send notification to ESPN and HBO to at least present the award to whoever will win..
It is not necessary to give all 5 names in the bravest or coward category...but it will be appreciated if you justify the reason of your answer...

Bravest---I'd have to say Holyfield---He'll fight anyone no matter what their size..He fought Valuev who was 100 lbs more than him and didn't care..,Dempsey---He seriously thought he was going to die in the Willard fight but went through with the fight and destroyed Willard..Braddock---When he fought Baer everyone was telling him he was going to be another victim killed by Baer but he went through with the fight against all odds and won and became the heavyweight champ..Corrales---He was down and out in the Castillo fight but didn't give up and got back up and finished Castillo in the same round..He put his life on the line in that fight..I can remember him saying he was willing to die in the ring and that night he proved it to everyone..

Coward---Mayweather---He is very selective in who he fights and also fights for money,not legacy..Riddick Bowe for ONLY 1 reason--he threw his belt in the garbage instead of fighting Lennox..Very cowardly move but I don't think that's enough to put him on the list,but maybe..

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 19 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

This thread should be renamed: BRAVEST and LEAST BRAVE Boxers of all time. And inside the ring.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 19 2010, 04:28 AM
Post #4

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 19 2010, 03:12 AM) *
This thread should be renamed: BRAVEST and LEAST BRAVE Boxers of all time. And inside the ring.

Good point..Every boxer is brave as fuck to get in the ring..

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 19 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

Least brave: Bruce Seldon V. Tyson, he fainted after almost being hit with a punch.

I could also mention Tyson for biting holyfield's ear but I put that in a different category. Like Oliver McCall I think he actually had a breakdown in the ring. Both guys promoted by Don King and pushed into fights they weren't ready for. Coincidence? I think not.

As much as it pains me to say it, Duran in the 2nd Leonard fight. He was going got take a beating and he chickened out.

Ali probably the bravest I can think of. When he knew his skills had diminished he resorted to laying on the ropes taking horrendous punishment from guys to win fights. After watching Zaire and Manila just insane what he put himself through in the latter part of his career.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 19 2010, 05:26 AM
Post #6

Guests

I'm throwing Cintron in there right now.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 19 2010, 05:28 AM
Post #7

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

I take my words back. From LEAST BRAVE to COWARDS.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 19 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

Im doing modern fighters

bravest

1. Vinnie Pazienza.. Came back to fight from a broken neck.

2. Arturo Gatti.. Enough said

3. Buster Douglas...even if for just one night

4. Ali....Any man that knows he has to get beat on for that long just to get his punches in, is pretty damn brave

5. Meldrick Taylor... to stand in front of chavez and take that kind of punishment, get knocked down at the end of the fight and to get up, hats off to you meldrick.

Least brave

1. David haye, you cant talk a big game and run from the klichkos like he has and be considered anything less.

2. floyd mayweather jr, being smart about business, or whatever he wants to call it, it just looks cowardly

3. riddick bowe, not fighting lewis

4. Bruce seldon

5. hector comacho Jr.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 19 2010, 06:25 AM
Post #9

Guests

I really wish you guys knew just how bad it is. But Anthony Mundine. Right now? He is the biggest coward in boxing, he has Cintron covered. Take my word for it.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 19 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 19 2010, 07:15 AM) *
meldrick.

Least brave

2. floyd mayweather jr, being smart about business, or whatever he wants to call it, it just looks cowardly

But you have Roy Jones Jr in you Avatar? LOL.

Fitz,
I see right through Mundine. He's a first class bitch in my opinion. Good Call

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:29 PM