IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@8:30PM(ET)/5:30(PT) Martinez/Murray & Arreola/Stiverne-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Showtime Card
mgrover
post Apr 28 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 28 2013, 07:22 PM) *
He doesn't do good against someone with a solid defense, good inside game, accurate right hand, and and can counter punch....and most important STAMINA...He gon learn soon

It's fine Canelo has no stamina (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 28 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #72

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2013, 01:40 PM) *
Does anybody agree that Sergio is starting look perpetually shitty nowadays. Maybe it was the layoff with the surgery, who knows? Maybe he'll look better in his next outing.

Shitty no. Ordinary.....absolutely. He honestly looked like the recent Roy Jones without the weak chin. Flashy for no reason, lost a step but can show you flashes of brilliance.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 28 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #73

Junior Middleweight

One thing of note. The ref blew a knockdown in the 10th for sure. Martinez got dropped

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #74

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 28 2013, 02:22 PM) *
He doesn't do good against someone with a solid defense, good inside game, accurate right hand, and and can counter punch....and most important STAMINA...He gon learn soon

You're right...

And he's still being ranked P4P?! Lol. I see if Murray was his first hard opponent to hit, but Barker presented the SAME style. Again, if a guy has trouble with the two different guys with the same style, then people need to reconsider his high ranking. Having a hard fight is expected, but twice against two fighters with the same style?!

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 28 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Shitty no. Ordinary.....absolutely. He honestly looked like the recent Roy Jones without the weak chin. Flashy for no reason, lost a step but can show you flashes of brilliance.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully this was just a bad outing for him...every fighter is entitled to at least that much.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 29 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Thing is this with fighters like martinez is that when age or injuries catch up to you its bad. For a guy that relies so much on his physical gifts rather than his boxing ability it can turn into turmoil.

Murray is no chump, he is also a fucking tank he looked absolutely solid on fight night at least 180. Coming off surgery hand problems and a layoff martinez needs to be careful. Hes no spring chicken and fighting these big powerful guys is bound to catch up to him. It's amazing he still gets so much respect by these guys, they literally change their styles in there because of his speed or power whatever it may be. He should probably try to go down to 154 for his own safety if he comes back at all.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 29 2013, 04:00 AM
Post #76

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 27 2013, 08:50 PM) *
Martinez wins 115-112 on all 3 cards. I don't agree with that at all, but I don't have a big problem with Martinez winning. Oh well.

I thought Murray won 8-4. Could make a case for 7-5. Once again Open Scoring after round 4 and 8 did not help at all. At first I thought that second knockdown was a slip, but on the replay, it was a knockdown. On the use of Instant Replay, which is rare but as I understand it:

• The lead trainer can challenge a close call to the WBC judges between rounds in which the situation occurred.
  • All 3 judges MUST AGREE UNANIMOUSLY an error on the original call was made, for the call to be reversed, if not, the refs' call stands.
  • The ref can ask the panel to review a call he made if unsure, issue #2 still applies.

The panel did not find enough evidence that the second fall was a knockdown, so the ref's call was not over-ruled.

For Arrelola-Stiverne, I thought it was close, but clear for Stiverne. Good scrap in sports. How come, at least on the HBO replay I saw, HBO kept saying that Martinez-Murray was next when we just saw the fight?

Production values are total shit at HBO. The volume was fucked up at Argentina like it was a bad satellite transmission. HBO should have also known that WBC Rules (NOT UNIFIED RULES, as their graphic showed) were in effect for Martinez-Murray. And they should let the viewers know if it is a WBC title fight whether Open Scoring is in use or has been waived by the commission. Their prep work SUCKED!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 29 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #77

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I watched Arreola and Stiverne twice yesterday, and I must say, Chris got worked like a $2 hooker. It was all downhill after the knockdown in the closing seconds of the 3rd, then he got up with the broken nose and had to deal with it the whole fight.

Those body shots around that spare tire that he calls a waistline, had Arreola thinking and hesitating all night long. It's like he tries to stalk Stiverne, but got just close enough to not get caught to the body.

Sadly, he made this adjustment after being caught with body shots for a good 8 rounds...even then, Stiverne found a way to land to the body...not that it was that much of a daunting task. Lol

Arreola is just a nasty-lookin' dude, period. Nothing about his body will prompt somebody to say, "Ay man, I wanna hit the gym and start boxing". It's bad...like people wouldn't even want to do that Billy Blanks boxing program for fitness after seeing Arreola's frame...Yoga or Pilates would get picked six days out of the week and twice on Sundays.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 29 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #78

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Did anyone else know about that argie rule regarding the accidental headbutts with the wbc???

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 29 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #79

Junior Middleweight

I finally got to watch Arreola vs Stiverne and I must say....Stiverne put the beats on Chris like they were fighting in a studio. Stiverne impressed me. It's been a while since I've seen a heavyweight not named James Toney slip a punch and counter the way he did. The first time was cool, but I'm getting tired of Arreola's "I know I looked like shit but I got fucking heart" post fight declarations. I always call Arreola "Brandon Rios' big brother" and last night he didn't look any different. Put a boxer with some pop in the ring with him and he's creamed corn. Stiverne was tearing Chris fat belly and love handles up all night long. Then he stuck his jab right in Chris' sternum when Chris began to bring his guard up after the knockdown. It was funny because I think Arreola has a half completed tattoo on his chest and I was joking that Stiverne punched the ink off of it.

Don't even get me started on that knockdown. Perfectly placed punch on Arreola's big paper towel roll nose. Arreola got a false sense of hope stalking Stiverne. I could see it coming from round 2. Arreola was the aggressor but he wasn't landing. Stiverne started nervous and jittery but it was like he was getting more relaxed as Arreola was throwing more punches. I don't know if it was because he knew he could take Chris' punch or because he was confident he could time him. Overrall, I was pleased with Stiverne's performance. I don't think he's ever going to be a threat to the Klitchsko's, especially Vitali, because he's too short. But if he really feels he wants to take on that challenge, he needs and come in better shape. The lack of professionalism and dedication to their craft displayed by both him and Chris was disgusting. It was like watching a real life Hungry Hungry Hippos game.

Also, one minor thing of note. I thought Andre Ward topped Paulie Malinaggi with an uncharacteristically bad commentary performance. Not that he was terrible, but he was CLEARLY biased for Chris Arreola. I'm guessing they have some type of Cali connection. Not saying he didn't give Stiverne his props but he seemed very reluctant. It was almost like he was willing Arreola with his words. Arreola was a brutal mess and only had really 2 stints of anything worth mentioning after the knockdown. I think Paulie and Andre could be EXCELLENT commentators once their boxing careers are done. I was just a tad bit disappointed with their commentary this weekend.

Did anyone else watch the very end where Stiverne was doing an interview and Don King got into that argument then fell off the stairs? lmaoooooo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 29 2013, 08:07 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 29 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 29 2013, 08:06 AM) *
I finally got to watch Arreola vs Stiverne and I must say....Stiverne put the beats on Chris like they were fighting in a studio. Stiverne impressed me. It's been a while since I've seen a heavyweight not named James Toney slip a punch and counter the way he did. The first time was cool, but I'm getting tired of Arreola's "I know I looked like shit but I got fucking heart" post fight declarations. I always call Arreola "Brandon Rios' big brother" and last night he didn't look any different. Put a boxer with some pop in the ring with him and he's creamed corn. Stiverne was tearing Chris fat belly and love handles up all night long. Then he stuck his jab right in Chris' sternum when Chris began to bring his guard up after the knockdown. It was funny because I think Arreola has a half completed tattoo on his chest and I was joking that Stiverne punched the ink off of it.

Don't even get me started on that knockdown. Perfectly placed punch on Arreola's big paper towel roll nose. Arreola got a false sense of hope stalking Stiverne. I could see it coming from round 2. Arreola was the aggressor but he wasn't landing. Stiverne started nervous and jittery but it was like he was getting more relaxed as Arreola was throwing more punches. I don't know if it was because he knew he could take Chris' punch or because he was confident he could time him. Overrall, I was pleased with Stiverne's performance. I don't think he's ever going to be a threat to the Klitchsko's, especially Vitali, because he's too short. But if he really feels he wants to take on that challenge, he needs and come in better shape. The lack of professionalism and dedication to their craft displayed by both him and Chris was disgusting. It was like watching a real life Hungry Hungry Hippos game.

Also, one minor thing of note. I thought Andre Ward topped Paulie Malinaggi with an uncharacteristically bad commentary performance. Not that he was terrible, but he was CLEARLY biased for Chris Arreola. I'm guessing they have some type of Cali connection. Not saying he didn't give Stiverne his props but he seemed very reluctant. It was almost like he was willing Arreola with his words. Arreola was a brutal mess and only had really 2 stints of anything worth mentioning after the knockdown. I think Paulie and Andre could be EXCELLENT commentators once their boxing careers are done. I was just a tad bit disappointed with their commentary this weekend.

Did anyone else watch the very end where Stiverne was doing an interview and Don King got into that argument then fell off the stairs? lmaoooooo
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Are you ok Don?.....I am now hahahaha

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:02 PM