IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The JAB-the most important punch!!, Do judges score it today?? Is it underappreciated??
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 26 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Paulie has an awesome jab

if he would ball up his fist everytime he threw it...it would be much more effective. eric brown had him doing that in the beginning...but he seemed to go back to the slappin in his last fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 27 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 08:16 PM) *
if he would ball up his fist everytime he threw it...it would be much more effective. eric brown had him doing that in the beginning...but he seemed to go back to the slappin in his last fight.

Probably habit, he has terribly fragile hands.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 26 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Ruben and Robert Guerrero doesn't think the jab is all that important so maybe the rest of us are dumb and think the jab is important. I look at the jab as having a great running game in football. You control the clock and tire the defense the same is with the jab. Some great offensive fighters had trouble with the jab recently Donaire did not know what to do. Lennox Lewis had a great jab! How do yawl keep shitting on Lewis? Awful!

I'm a big fan of Lewis' and yes you're right about his jab.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 27 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 27 2013, 10:24 AM) *
I'm a big fan of Lewis' and yes you're right about his jab.

Lewis is under appreciated and I have no idea why. Maybe because he is British or he had too much sense to be a boxer. I think when he beat Tyson a lot of people were pissed. I know my boys did not talk to me for a week after that fight. I told that Lewis was going to box Tyson silly. Perhaps people wanted him to stay in the game longer, or maybe it was his locks. The boxing world really does slight Lewis. He was a great fighter inside the ring and a gentleman outside. Oh well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 27 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 27 2013, 01:28 PM) *
Lewis is under appreciated and I have no idea why. Maybe because he is British or he had too much sense to be a boxer. I think when he beat Tyson a lot of people were pissed. I know my boys did not talk to me for a week after that fight. I told that Lewis was going to box Tyson silly. Perhaps people wanted him to stay in the game longer, or maybe it was his locks. The boxing world really does slight Lewis. He was a great fighter inside the ring and a gentleman outside. Oh well.

Tyson should've been gone from the sport years before that fight. I give him credit for winning but it wasn't like he toppled the giant like some people make it out to be. Your friends should've called you captain obvious....if they would've fought in their primes who knows what would've occurred but Tyson did spar Lennox in the 80's and I'd be curious to get the real story and what happened there

Emmanuel Steward, may he rest in paradise, did an interview last summer I believe on Tyson's impact and on Lennox and he said how Tyson always had a problem with taller rangier fighters. I agree with that...Lennox isn't beloved because his personality is dry. I like him but the causal's never took to him. His jab and the way he boxed was beautiful to me. The only thing I would've liked for him to do is give Klitschko that rematch

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 27 2013, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 27 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 27 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Tyson should've been gone from the sport years before that fight. I give him credit for winning but it wasn't like he toppled the giant like some people make it out to be. Your friends should've called you captain obvious....if they would've fought in their primes who knows what would've occurred but Tyson did spar Lennox in the 80's and I'd be curious to get the real story and what happened there

Emmanuel Steward, may he rest in paradise, did an interview last summer I believe on Tyson's impact and on Lennox and he said how Tyson always had a problem with taller rangier fighters. I agree with that...Lennox isn't beloved because his personality is dry. I like him but the causal's never took to him. His jab and the way he boxed was beautiful to me. The only thing I would've liked for him to do is give Klitschko that rematch

Lewis was on the way out plus would he did Klitschko's eye I saw no point. I was not called Captain Obvious because my boys are very casual boxing fans. That they thought the greatest fight was when Pacquiao and Cotto fight. Fuck the intangibles to it. They also think that somehow Broner would smoke anyone between 140-154. I nearly spit my La Di Fin Moud out. I watched Lennox for a very long time and I knew that he would beat Tyson in any point in their career. His jab, defense, and ring IQ was better than Mike's. Mike never had a plan B. That is my opinion.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 27 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 27 2013, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 27 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Lennox is very under appreciated.

Back to the jabs, my favorite has to be the the jab to the body (if you have a nice quick stiff one) and the upjab is probably my favorite to use. If you you time it right you could do real damage and its a really good way to shake up your guy.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 27 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #39

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 27 2013, 01:28 PM) *

Not surprised tyson had a big fanbase. I remember when my uncle told me one day he was in the barbershop and he said holyfield was going to beat tyson. It got so hectic he had to leave.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 28 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 27 2013, 03:37 PM) *
Lewis was on the way out plus would he did Klitschko's eye I saw no point. I was not called Captain Obvious because my boys are very casual boxing fans. That they thought the greatest fight was when Pacquiao and Cotto fight. Fuck the intangibles to it. They also think that somehow Broner would smoke anyone between 140-154. I nearly spit my La Di Fin Moud out. I watched Lennox for a very long time and I knew that he would beat Tyson in any point in their career. His jab, defense, and ring IQ was better than Mike's. Mike never had a plan B. That is my opinion.

I disagree that he'd beat Tyson in any point. There are some things that I saw in lLnnox that would've got his ass smoked had they fought in the 90's, now Lennox with Emmanuel in his corner would've been hard for Mike to beat but without Steward I don't think he pulls it off. Mike was on his way out too. I'll say this Tyson with Rooney as his trainer and Lennox with Emmanuel would've been great to see. No way you can say Tyson gets steamrolled with the corner he had. People talk shit about Mike but he only fell off when he left Rooney

Lennox's jab was his best weapon. He had a good career and it is totally baffling why some don't like him. Maybe it is the Tyson fight but that's stupid to not like him because of that. i genuinely believe he's not liked because he has no personality. He's not entertaining. He's more entertaining in retirement then he was as a pro

Broner aint smoking shit but crack at 154 lmao

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:38 PM