IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it true, Guerrero arrested at an airport??
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 28 2013, 06:37 PM) *
@ the bolded. you can't use that excuse in court. this is new york.

no doubt. ignorance of the law is no excuse. but seriously...i doubt the weapon was loaded. i sure it was registered. how did he get it to nyc? there's not malicious intent here. this should be a slap on the wrist, confiscate the weapon and at most...a misdemeanor offense. now if he had it in his shoe...or in his waist...or in a holster....or between his wife's tits....it might be a different story. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 28 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 28 2013, 06:28 PM) *
let's paint a picture here. do we know all the facts? obviously....this guy shows up to new york with the gun....but he gets caught trying to leave with it? is it possible that he was not aware of the gun laws in nyc? is it possible that his gun was in a lock box unloaded? is it possible that the gun is registered to his name? do u think that he would try to conceal the weapon and sneak through airport security? my guess is nyc already got the publicity they sought with a high profile guy (as of late anyway) just to make it look like they're doing their jobs. what would he have to gain by trying to conceal a weapon? dude has millions sitting on the table. he's going to jeopardize that by trying to sneak a weapon on to a plane? it just doesn't make sense. thing about nyc...just like most major cities...they are going to tell the story they want to tell. facts be damned.

It doesn't matter Professor because the gun is registered in Cali and NY has the most strict gun laws in the country. What doesn't make sense is why go to the airport in NY where 9/11 happened with a fuckin gun? IDGAF what the facts are it was dumb for him to even bring the gun with him from VA to NY, if that's actually true. I'm not going to show him any sympathy and I hope the courts don't either because at the end of the day right is right and wrong is wrong. You got a gun with 3 15 mag clips and no permit to carry in the state you were busted in. There is no way to spin that BS. He fucked up and he'll probably pay the price for it

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 28 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Details or no details. Common sense should tell you, after the ridiculous increase in security post 9/11, gun+ airport = bad idea. Do I think he intended to do something malicious? No. But I find it hard to sympathize with someone that stupid. Strict NY gun laws aside, common sense should tell you weapons and airports are a terrible idea. It's like saying bomb on an airplane. It's like Mitt Romney's 47% statement. You just gotta be smarter than that.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 28 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #34

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 28 2013, 05:51 PM) *
You are probably right. Bloomberg will see to it.

Yeah he instrumental to making sure PLEXICO Burres did time...

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2013, 09:36 PM) *
Details or no details. Common sense should tell you, after the ridiculous increase in security post 9/11, gun+ airport = bad idea. Do I think he intended to do something malicious? No. But I find it hard to sympathize with someone that stupid. Strict NY gun laws aside, common sense should tell you weapons and airports are a terrible idea. It's like saying bomb on an airplane. It's like Mitt Romney's 47% statement. You just gotta be smarter than that.

Bottom line.. Guns are a hot topic. 2 SAVAGES A Just killed a 2 year old baby in Georgia.. Guerrero just showed that he is a stupid and dumb motherfucker- He should pay some sort of serious price for his stupidity like BURRESS (not as severe) did for being stupid enough to shoot himself. Based on shear ignorance and stupidity he should pay a penalty...

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 28 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #35

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

And to make it worst this happened in the tri state area where 9/11 and the sandy hook elementary shooting are hot topics. I don't give a fuck about Guerrero's credentials to obtain a firearm, the circumstances behind him getting the gun, or his legal history. He could've been licensed in the state of NY to have that gun and he would still be an idiot to bring a gun to an airport whether he'd get away with it or not. It's COMMON sense. I don't know what's worse Guerrero having the firearm or the yes men around him that failed to raise any concern regarding it. Says a lot about his team. Like I said I'm rotting for Guerrero because at the end if the day he's virtually harmless out side the boxing ring. He did the crime I guess but all things considered I think he should be given a hard warning and a slap on the wrist at most. Prison time won't make him learn anything more than he already has at this point. But unfortunately it's looking like that's on his horizon.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 28 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man some of yall northerners are jumping all over this...do we have any hard evidence here? Lol

I'm almost sure none of this will stick...an unloaded firearm, no ammo, no true intent...hmmm.

No matter how "strict" the law is in certain states, the phrase "Different strokes for different folks" almost always trumps that.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 28 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #37

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Will they give him time like they did Plexico Burress?

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 28 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Guerrero is not a member of the so called "dominant society" his ass could pay for this.. nothing very serious but enough to show him that he should pay for his stupidity. also he is a christian hypocrite... talking humbleness.. pure arrogant ignorance led to him making a stupid decision. He is not licensed to have a fire arm in New York. what do you need a gun for? NYC got you shook.. Maybe FLOYD CAN LOAN his broke stupid ass a few armed security guards

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 28 2013, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 28 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Man some of yall northerners are jumping all over this...do we have any hard evidence here? Lol

I'm almost sure none of this will stick...an unloaded firearm, no ammo, no true intent...hmmm.

No matter how "strict" the law is in certain states, the phrase "Different strokes for different folks" almost always trumps that.

Idk bro this guy looks like he's going for the kill

http://www.boxingscene.com/queens-da-rober...felonies--63834

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 28 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The better question is why the fuck would anyone carry an empty gun around? Doesn't that negate the purpose? Lol its like carrying condoms with holes in them.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:07 AM