IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
BrutUalBK
post May 8 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Canelo,
Pac is old news and must work his way back into it.
Khan is overrated and has done nothing major to earn it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
logicalThinker
post May 8 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 13,356

Nothing major? Neither has Canelo hes the next media made superstar. Hes the tony romo of his sport

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 9 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2013, 07:56 PM) *
if i'm the promoter: "khan makes the most sense." (really...the record breaking deal needs to pay dividends. if i can low ball khan...and get his fan base to buy it...$$$$)

if i'm the manager: "khan. the uk is calling!" (low risk...decent reward. plus we need the lions share of tv rights in the uk.)

if i'm the trainer: "khan is going to be tough...but i think my guy can beat him!" (tongue in cheek) (we have to fight 5 times. we'll save the hardest for last. let's collect all this money)

if i'm floyd: "i can't fight all these guys...man! the fans will never be satisfied. i know i say 'all work is easy work' but the troof is...there's no such thing as an easy fight. i just make it look easy. imma rob the bank without a mask."

if i'm a knowledgeable fan: "watching floyd school no hopers bores me. i think i'll take the kids to chuck-E-cheese instead of wasting my money on the next ppv fight and i'll wait for floyd to fight a real opponent."

if i'm a dick riding fan: "maaaaaaaan!!!! floyd is going to knock this punk out!!! who does this fool think he is??? mayweather about to break another ppv record!!! i can't wait! i hope he breaks 2million buys!!!" (my favorite baseball team is the yankees...favorite basketball team the heat and my football team is the patriots. who doesn't like a winner?)

if i offended you...i didn't mean to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

More like johns incredible pizza co. My girl can go play glow in the dark golf w/ her cousins and I could probably catch the fight for free while stuffing my face at the buffet in the sports room lol

QUOTE (logicalThinker @ May 8 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Nothing major? Neither has Canelo hes the next media made superstar. Hes the tony romo of his sport

Funny stuff!

So does that make guerrero Tim Tebow? Or Andre Ward?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 9 2013, 02:33 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd be shocked if Canelo was his next opponent. Khan makes sense from a finacial standpoint but little else, if he was able to avenge one of those losses to either Lamont or Danny then I could see it

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 9 2013, 03:28 AM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

when you think about it, these are floyd biggest money fights

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 9 2013, 07:35 AM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Khan even with his losses has versed more credible opponents than Canelo.

He may have no chin, but he does have heart.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 9 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #17

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 9 2013, 08:35 AM) *
Khan even with his losses has versed more credible opponents than Canelo.

He may have no chin, but he does have heart.

YEAP... I would rather watch Khan go at it .. atleast he throws punches. Canelo does not work. Khan /Floyd would be exciting yet Khan needs to notch an impressive win . The numbers in the UK would be huge. Floyd is loved in the UK.

Khan needs to realize he has a glass Jaw and fight more cautiously. He has other dimensions that can be solidified and compensate for his weak Jaw. He has heart, fights back when hurt, and has fast hands... He needs to get more cautious like Lennox Lewis became. Work behind the jab constantly and protect that chin. Styles make fights and I see Khan and Mayweather being interesting until Floyd walks him down and chops the body. Floyd is a good hard body puncher.. Guerrero knows ask him. The few right hands to he body Floyd unleaashed on him had him looking like he was on the verge of getting walked down into a stoppage. Khan would be walked down and stopped

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 9 2013, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 9 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'd STILL say Manny. People can say what they want. If Floyd fights Manny, we're going to watch it. Unless Many just gets demolished by Rios, which I can't see happening, he's still going to be a big draw. Manny still will be able to pack a house. There are still Pactards who think Floyd is scared and won't win the fight. I just think it puts so much money in his pocket and credentials on his already extensive resume'. Fuck Canelo. If Floyd fought Canelo, that would be the 2nd time in a row in which he allowed someone with very few notable fights to call shots. I don't know where this gingerbread head motherfucker got the audacity to tell any and everybody what they have to do to fight him but I don't think ANYBODY with an established resume' should oblige his demands. His only impressive win was over Trout...and that was a close fight.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 9 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #19

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Also if Mayweather/Khan happens, then it will be exciting to the casual fan because it will end with floyd by KO.

+Quote Post
logicalThinker
post May 9 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 13,356

Jovi took the words right out my mouth

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:45 PM