IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Toney V. Denis Lebedev Nov. 5th?, A good way back for James?
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 5 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

So I read that Denis Lebedev may be a possible upcoming opponent for James Toney. Percy better get James on the phone!

I think it would be a good fight for James. They have a common opponent in Roy Jones although it being a vastly different Roy Jones and Lebedev is not far removed from a split decision loss to Marco Huck. he is tough but limited and provided James isn't completely shot would be a good opponent to gauge whether the weight loss has really made a difference.

He would run the risk of some hometown cooking but at this stage of James' career I think he has to take the chance. get by Lebedev he could then take a potentially lucrative match against Huck in Germany and win a strap. If he's got strap he might just lure Hopkins into the match he wants or even David Haye.

I admit it's drawing a long bow but take the Lebedev fight, look good in winning and within one more fight he may be back in the picture. Frankly I don't see many other ways back for him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 5 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

i could be wrong but the last minute ko aside jones wasnt that far from winning his fight vs lebedev... its not like he wasnt in the fight at all... at this point in his career toney has a lot more left in his tank then jones does and will take a better punch and just over all skill is still better... call me crazy but imma go with toney in this fight... jones showed he is not some IVAN DRAGO and toney will put the skill he has to shine vs this high level b fighter... my opinion...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 5 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i wouldn't mind seeing this, i don't think he'll get any big fights even if he wins though. the best he can hope for is staying busy at CW then trying to David Haye a fight with Wlad.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 5 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 5 2011, 11:21 PM) *
i wouldn't mind seeing this, i don't think he'll get any big fights even if he wins though. the best he can hope for is staying busy at CW then trying to David Haye a fight with Wlad.

disagree... if toney wins the fight he has several options... for starters it catapults him into being a player in the cuiser division again... he'd have his pick of champions... he could go to australia and beat up danny green... he could be a prime target for, shall he win a major belt or maybe even not for hopkins should he beat dawson... or... he could pull a hopkins and beat up roy jones in a fight if promoted right would appeal to the casual fans where roy still has a name.... not many of them even know roy got knocked out in the last round of his fight standing up not to long ago... lol... just saying... toney would have a boat load of options...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 5 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 6 2011, 04:21 PM) *

You could be right but Sauerland in Germany have both Huck and Cunningham under their banner. If he got a big win in Germany then maybe he'll get a payday against a Klit. Can you imagine how a trash talking juggernaut like Toney would go down over there?

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 5 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

J, i'm talking about a fight like the Klit fight he's been chasing for years. not a big CW fight. i would like to see him get a title then use that title to knock off a weak HW like Povetkin before cashing out or cashing in or Wlad.

Ollie, i think he might give Wlad a stroke. he'll be trying to hold in the anger as Toney is talking about fucking his momma from behind then just keel over on Face Off.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 5 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 6 2011, 04:35 PM) *
J, i'm talking about a fight like the Klit fight he's been chasing for years. not a big CW fight. i would like to see him get a title then use that title to knock off a weak HW like Povetkin before cashing out or cashing in or Wlad.

Ollie, i think he might give Wlad a stroke. he'll be trying to hold in the anger as Toney is talking about fucking his momma from behind then just keel over on Face Off.

Face-Off would be hilarious. If that's what David Haye could do to Wlad can you imagine how Toney would wind him up?

Of course all of this would need subtitles and not for Wlad either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 5 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Toney will probably talk so much shit he'll get a 24/7.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 6 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 6 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Toney will probably talk so much shit he'll get a 24/7.

I've said it a few times the guy needs a reality show. Fuck who cares whether it even involves him boxing he just needs a reality show, period.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 6 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 5 2011, 11:35 PM) *

i feel you gravy... im talking realistic fights he would actually have a chance of winning... toney, in the rematch, got OUTBOXED by sam peter.... he is not gonna win a championship at that weight... at cruiser he may have a chance...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:46 AM