Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beltran vs Crawford
mgrover
post Mar 4 2014, 04:14 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Beltran clearly deserved to win that belt, both fighters are riding high, after belt win, and a draw he knew he won, styles make fights and this would be a classic, or a one sided domination by Crawford
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 4 2014, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

I'd go with Crawford because he has a more diverse skill set then Beltran. But Beltran would make it an interesting fight. I just can't see him winning because he doesn't put it all together at times. Some fights your an see the fire and the hunger and others he's going through the motions

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 4 2014, 10:00 AM) *
I'd go with Crawford because he has a more diverse skill set then Beltran. But Beltran would make it an interesting fight. I just can't see him winning because he doesn't put it all together at times. Some fights your an see the fire and the hunger and others he's going through the motions

You just summed up Beltran in one line. I always factor in the fact that a fight is ALWAYS going to be interesting, just off the strength of one guy having absolutely nothing to lose, versus a guy who has it all to lose.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 5 2014, 06:13 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Theres always Abril or Miguel

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 5 2014, 05:13 AM) *
Theres always Abril or Miguel

If so then I'd hope today Abril...Vasquez bores me to tears

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2014, 08:38 PM) *
You just summed up Beltran in one line. I always factor in the fact that a fight is ALWAYS going to be interesting, just off the strength of one guy having absolutely nothing to lose, versus a guy who has it all to lose.

I agree. Beltran has everything to gain here, and even in his uninspired performances he's never shown to be a pushover, he just has these lulls in action it seems. He poses some serious risk to Crawford if he comes in and he's focused

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 5 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 5 2014, 10:18 AM) *
I agree. Beltran has everything to gain here, and even in his uninspired performances he's never shown to be a pushover, he just has these lulls in action it seems. He poses some serious risk to Crawford if he comes in and he's focused

Yep, Beltran is a tough cookie. That big ass head of his, gives everybody trouble...has he ever been stopped before? I've seen him fight a few times, but I don't remember him being stopped.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 5 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 4 2014, 03:14 AM) *
Beltran clearly deserved to win that belt, both fighters are riding high, after belt win, and a draw he knew he won, styles make fights and this would be a classic, or a one sided domination by Crawford

Crawford clearly has the better style and pedigree, I can't see Beltran being good enough to beat him, maybe a KO punch from something Crawford doesn't see but no way in the world he'll be able to outbox him.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 6 2014, 06:06 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 5 2014, 05:23 PM) *
Crawford clearly has the better style and pedigree, I can't see Beltran being good enough to beat him, maybe a KO punch from something Crawford doesn't see but no way in the world he'll be able to outbox him.

I don't know, in those early rounds Crawford was being tagged by Burns

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 7 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 09:29 AM) *
Yep, Beltran is a tough cookie. That big ass head of his, gives everybody trouble...has he ever been stopped before? I've seen him fight a few times, but I don't remember him being stopped.

Yup. He's been ko'd twice

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:12 PM