IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it ducking if Pacquiao opts to not fight Timothy Bradley?
BrutUalBK
post Sep 4 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Yes, Manny is ducking if he doesn't fight Bradley!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 12 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

SMH @ Pacquiao-Marquez 4, I understand the business side of it, but idk... I'm starting to feel like PAC really believes he lost 1 if not the majority of the fights they had and he may actually lose this 4th fight. With that said a DUCK is a DUCK and Pacquiao just chose the goose, that is Marquez. No matter how you slice it, OFFICIALY, Timothy Bradley will always be known as the guy who was the first to derail PAC-Mania... Courtesy of the 2 judges of coarse.

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Sep 13 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #23

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 12 2012, 11:52 PM) *
SMH @ Pacquiao-Marquez 4, I understand the business side of it, but idk... I'm starting to feel like PAC really believes he lost 1 if not the majority of the fights they had and he may actually lose this 4th fight. With that said a DUCK is a DUCK and Pacquiao just chose the goose, that is Marquez. No matter how you slice it, OFFICIALY, Timothy Bradley will always be known as the guy who was the first to derail PAC-Mania... Courtesy of the 2 judges of coarse.

I agree. This move hurts MP IMO and to me makes his unvalidated loss to Bradley look valid, even to the point of ducking. This is a BS move and I've personally lost some boxing respect for Manny. I sure hate to piss on someones money but I hope this fight falls flat on it's PPV ass. At this point, I don't even feel like watching this fight. I'm definitely not buying it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 13 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Realistically Marquez is the harder fight i think, thing it's because Marquez knows MP like the back of his hand

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 13 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 13 2012, 10:39 AM) *
Realistically Marquez is the harder fight i think, thing it's because Marquez knows MP like the back of his hand

Yea I agree, but I'm looking at this fight as what can Pacquiao gain from this, if it just so happens that he wins AGAIN against Marquez, as oppose to what he can gain by making a rematch against Bradley (like setting the record straight and getting his title back). I mean I don't even think this 4th fight with Marquez is even for a strap, is it?

It's like what @pacco diablo said, it makes his loss to Bradley look valid though many feel that it wasn't.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Sep 13 2012, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 13 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 13 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Yea I agree, but I'm looking at this fight as what can Pacquiao gain from this, if it just so happens that he wins AGAIN against Marquez, as oppose to what he can gain by making a rematch against Bradley (like setting the record straight and getting his title back). I mean I don't even think this 4th fight with Marquez is even for a strap, is it?

It's like what @pacco diablo said, it makes his loss to Bradley look valid though many feel that it wasn't.

yeah i see it more as if he wants to avenge the loss well, then he took a loss didn't he and it wasn't the robbery everybody thought.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

jmm will finally get his official "W" against pac even though i thought he beat pac the last two times they fought.

+Quote Post
maac
post Sep 13 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #28

Amateur

Member No.: 2,601

Of course it isn't ducking! It's ridiculous. Reasons:

1) it's a business decision, which mandates over any other consideration,
at this point in the career of Pac (money talks).

2) everyone knows who won the last 2 fight of Pac: against Marquez,
Marquez won; against Bradley, Pac won, so, it's too much important to Pac
redeem that perceived 'loss'.

3) public perception: the public knows that the nemesis of Pac, who knows
him very well, is Marquez, so it's the true challenge. In fact, it's a signal of
DISDAIN towards Bradley, and it VALIDATES the robbery suffered against him
(inside him he knows he doesn't need demonstrate nothing to Bradley).
Pac has recognized that of the 2 opponents, Bradley is the 'easiest'
route (speaking relatively).

This post has been edited by maac: Sep 13 2012, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 13 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm definitely not buying this. This is almost like the spiderman trilogy it just keeps getting worse and worse and we know who's gonna win in the end anyway

Oh and yes its a duck. After making pac look like shit in a very sloppy fight they are ducking Bradley because of his work ethic all he can do is improve in a rematch. If it walks and quacks like a duck.....

This post has been edited by checkleft: Sep 13 2012, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:39 PM