> Kimbo Slice joins TUF 10.
JD
post Jun 7 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #21

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 6 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Maybe. I guess. Depending on how you look at it. But if the UFC really were the major league MMA organization they claim to be, then why do they have to bring in minor league starts to bolster ratings?

Why did they have to change the format of TUF10 (by dumping all the 205lbers that were supposed to be participating) to accomodate this "star", and replace those 205lbers with NFL has-beens to serve as cannon fodder for this same "star?"

So yeah, maybe Dana wins, maybe the UFC wins, maybe the networks win. I guess it's just the hardcore purists who've been there from the beginning that lose out.

Whatever. Bring it Dana. Let's watch youtube back-yard brawler Kimbo Slice take on WWE Champ Brock Lesnar in a no holds bar, winner take all royale rumble. A nigga gotta eat, right? I just hope Brock doesn't knock out the ref and hit Kimbo over the head with his UFC championship belt after failing to connect with the F5. That'd suck. Then we'd have to bring in Sting to be the guest referee.

Oh without question the purists who actually appreciate the art of the sport are the ones that lose - the guys that kept the sport afloat when it was down are always the ones who get disregarded when the sport is doing well and making money, mainly because they watch anyway. Happens in boxing, football, hockey...all sports.

I always thought Kimbo was garbage, and I thought it was laughable that he sold out arenas fighting palookas...and like I said, I am not a hardcore. I gather that if I were a hardcore, and he was being introduced to the organization that was supposed to be the industry leader, I too might want to puke. The direction of the whole thing would probably really bother me...there is no doubt that Brock Lesnar getting a title shot after less than a handful of fights was a joke...from WWE champ to UFC champ is NOT how you want to build credibility, but the shit sells. Odds are, it will with Kimbo as well.

Truth be told, I am far less interested in seeing him fight these guys, and more interested in seeing him living with 15 other dudes...I think a lot of people will probably share that sentiment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jun 10 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #22

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (JD @ Jun 7 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Truth be told, I am far less interested in seeing him fight these guys, and more interested in seeing him living with 15 other dudes...I think a lot of people will probably share that sentiment.

I can't wait for the first douche to try and prank Kimbo by dropping a deuce on his pillow or pissing in his fruit salad...that shit will be hilarious!

What would kimbo do?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jun 10 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #23

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (JD @ Jun 5 2009, 10:41 PM) *
UFC is as close to WWE gone real as there is, except these guys have actual skills - but the interviews, the promotion, it's all just a realer version of it.

Well one of the WWE's biggest star's is the UFC heavyweight champion so it looks like he does have actual skills.

There is a lot of WWE guys that could make it in the UFC but why go there to get paid peanuts?

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jun 10 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 10 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Well one of the WWE's biggest star's is the UFC heavyweight champion so it looks like he does have actual skills.

There is a lot of WWE guys that could make it in the UFC but why go there to get paid peanuts?

Most of the WWE guys don't make that much coin either. The top dogs get paid but Brock Lesnar is probably making more now then when he was in the WWE.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:24 AM