IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Marquez vs. Bradley: Preview and Poll!, Who Wins? Vote Now and Comment!
Marquez vs Bradley
Who Wins?
Marquez by Dec (Close) [ 5 ] ** [27.78%]
Marquez by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [5.56%]
Marquez by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [11.11%]
Bradley by Dec (Close) [ 8 ] ** [44.44%]
Bradley by Dec (Wide) [ 2 ] ** [11.11%]
Bradley by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 18

Franchize
post Oct 11 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #51

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 10 2013, 11:02 PM) *
BoxRec has the officials listed:

Timothy Bradley vs. Juan M. Marquez
Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 12
referee: Robert Byrd | judge: Robert Hoyle | judge: Patricia Morse Jarman | judge: Glenn Feldman
WBO welterweight title

Patricia Jamin sometimes has surprises in her cards, kind of like Steve Weisfeld. But she's good like 75% of the time
Robert Hoyle, no major problems with him. or at least nothing stands out off the top of my head.
Glen Feldman is pretty good I would say.

Robert Byrd's an excellent ref. He's up there with Tony Weeks, Kenny Bayless, and Steve Smoger

Jack

Byrd, Weeks and Bayless are my favorite refs. Very thorough, deliberate and on top of their game. Everything they do or don't do, you typically know exactly why because they explain themselves thoroughly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 10 2013, 11:02 PM) *
BoxRec has the officials listed:

Timothy Bradley vs. Juan M. Marquez
Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 12
referee: Robert Byrd | judge: Robert Hoyle | judge: Patricia Morse Jarman | judge: Glenn Feldman
WBO welterweight title

Patricia Jamin sometimes has surprises in her cards, kind of like Steve Weisfeld. But she's good like 75% of the time
Robert Hoyle, no major problems with him. or at least nothing stands out off the top of my head.
Glen Feldman is pretty good I would say.

Robert Byrd's an excellent ref. He's up there with Tony Weeks, Kenny Bayless, and Steve Smoger

Jack

Thanks Jack! I asked you about these specs in another thread, lol.

Robert Byrd is a great ref...you hardly even know that he's in there. He officiates fights on Saturdays, and a he's a full-time deacon on Sundays (well, at least that's what he appears to do in his spare time).

Patricia Jarman's name sounds familiar, but if you said that she's good about 75% of the time, then maybe we need to keep a close eye on her cards. Usually ("usually" being the operative word here), the person with the "so-so" card, or the "Ehhh, I can live with that" card, is destined to make their solo debut and show us JUST how much of a tool they are, when we least expect it.

Truthfully, we need to be careful of all the judges in this one. When some fuckery is brewing, usually the dependable judges have those "close" cards, while the lesser known judges steps forward (with no shame) with a card that makes us wonder if they were even watching the fight.

In this one, if it goes to the cards, expect Juan to get the nod. We all know that he's gonna fight no matter what, and Bradley has the tendency to makes fights "ugly". While we're so wrapped up in how "ugly" the fight is, the score cards are tampered with.

An "ugly" fight, usually ends in an "inconclusive" fashion, or a subjective fashion...because there's no true winner. Just reading Bob's words on Boxingscene about "Tim Bradley refuses to quit, refuses to lose" is merely a consolation statement, for Bradley "losing" on the cards tomorrow (if it goes the distance).

There's just too much money riding on a JMM/Pac V fight, to allow Tim to walk away with the nod here. IF Tim gets the nod, then Arum may pay JMM a little extra for a "stay busy" fight (so he wont cry about retirement), while Pac gets built back up to "invincible" status, then he'll match them up again...leaving poor Timmy to fight for their scraps.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 11 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #53

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 11 2013, 09:33 AM) *
Thanks Jack! I asked you about these specs in another thread, lol.

Robert Byrd is a great ref...you hardly even know that he's in there. He officiates fights on Saturdays, and a he's a full-time deacon on Sundays (well, at least that's what he appears to do in his spare time).

Patricia Jarman's name sounds familiar, but if you said that she's good about 75% of the time, then maybe we need to keep a close eye on her cards. Usually ("usually" being the operative word here), the person with the "so-so" card, or the "Ehhh, I can live with that" card, is destined to make their solo debut and show us JUST how much of a tool they are, when we least expect it.

Truthfully, we need to be careful of all the judges in this one. When some fuckery is brewing, usually the dependable judges have those "close" cards, while the lesser known judges steps forward (with no shame) with a card that makes us wonder if they were even watching the fight.

In this one, if it goes to the cards, expect Juan to get the nod. We all know that he's gonna fight no matter what, and Bradley has the tendency to makes fights "ugly". While we're so wrapped up in how "ugly" the fight is, the score cards are tampered with.

An "ugly" fight, usually ends in an "inconclusive" fashion, or a subjective fashion...because there's no true winner. Just reading Bob's words on Boxingscene about "Tim Bradley refuses to quit, refuses to lose" is merely a consolation statement, for Bradley "losing" on the cards tomorrow (if it goes the distance).

There's just too much money riding on a JMM/Pac V fight, to allow Tim to walk away with the nod here. IF Tim gets the nod, then Arum may pay JMM a little extra for a "stay busy" fight (so he wont cry about retirement), while Pac gets built back up to "invincible" status, then he'll match them up again...leaving poor Timmy to fight for their scraps.

The one thing that balances out the fight that will never happen cuz of Arum, but the general public is too stupid to know that. My take is that Bradley is undefeated, and there's something with the judges about the "O can't go." I can't see Mayweather-Pacquaio ever happening if Arum is involved........EVER! If they wanted to really protect Manny, they should have given him the fight against Bradley, though NOT by the pom-pom shaking Manny scores that HBO had. 117-111 and 116-112 (twice) would have been fair favoring Manny against Bradley. One judge had it 115-113 for Manny, too close, but at least he voted for the right fighter. I think I had it 116-112 or 116-113 for Manny.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #54

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 11 2013, 03:03 PM) *
The one thing that balances out the fight that will never happen cuz of Arum, but the general public is too stupid to know that. My take is that Bradley is undefeated, and there's something with the judges about the "O can't go." I can't see Mayweather-Pacquaio ever happening if Arum is involved........EVER! If they wanted to really protect Manny, they should have given him the fight against Bradley, though NOT by the pom-pom shaking Manny scores that HBO had. 117-111 and 116-112 (twice) would have been fair favoring Manny against Bradley. One judge had it 115-113 for Manny, too close, but at least he voted for the right fighter. I think I had it 116-112 or 116-113 for Manny.

Jack

Couldn't agree more! Stuff like this ruins the sport.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I'm watching this weigh-in, and two things bothered me...

1. RJJ's fedora...is that...felt??? C'mon Roy

2. Orlando Cruz and "gay" moments of fame. I hate the fact that HBO is giving this dude so much press. On top of that, the camera's so close to his face, and his lips are greasy as shit...looks like he ate a pork chop sandwich backwards, with no hands.

I have no problem with anybody sexual orientation, but don't defame the PR falg by putting those "colors" on it. I mean c'mon...just walk to the ring with a t-shirt that says, "Hey, look at me, I'm gay". That should be enough, but nooooo, he has to take it to the extreme. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 11 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #56

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This really should be a regular HBO/Showtime kind of fight. There's a title fight on the undercard and that could have been a nice regular card. This event is absolutely going to tank at $54.95 SD and $64.95 HD!

What do you think the buy rate will be?

This is a case where I will bet Top Rank won't release the numbers. Even the live gate is a concern as well.

Jack

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 09:32 PM