IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Double header in june feat. Mikey Garcia and Terrance Crawford, HBO making the better cards so far?
checkleft
post Apr 25 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

So I heard about this on BS and I'm excited. Always fun to see Garcia and I'm excited to see Crawford in the ring again.

Is Hbo taking the right steps so far? It seems like they have a lot of young stars still with this top rank stable, maybe they didn't get such a raw deal after all?

I'm excited for this card, but what do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 26 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Should be good, I'm very interested to see the development of Terrance Crawford

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 26 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I like this but I think this is more of an exception to the rule. Let's be frank here. Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford are NOT typical Top Prank fighters. In fact, unless they completely embarrass one of Bob's cash cows, Bob probably won't be pushing them into the spotlight very much, regardless of their success in the ring. (at least in the case of Crawford.) HBO clearly, IMO, will be turning into Top Prank's network.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 26 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 26 2013, 08:52 AM) *
I like this but I think this is more of an exception to the rule. Let's be frank here. Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford are NOT typical Top Prank fighters. In fact, unless they completely embarrass one of Bob's cash cows, Bob probably won't be pushing them into the spotlight very much, regardless of their success in the ring. (at least in the case of Crawford.) HBO clearly, IMO, will be turning into Top Prank's network.

What other choices do they have??? Lol

It'll be a Top Rank show over there for good. DiBella, Shaw, and Goosen will take part in the festivities and make sure that their fighters can get decent paydays against Bob's fighters.

Crawford has talent, but I'm not sure if Arum's gonna push him. He showed excellent skills against Prescott, but we have to look at it from a "fan's" standpoint (translation: casual fan). They probably thought it was boring as hell, so I dont know if they'll be making a fuss to see him again. Now, had he stopped Prescott, then that would've been a different story.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 26 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 09:42 AM) *
What other choices do they have??? Lol

It'll be a Top Rank show over there for good. DiBella, Shaw, and Goosen will take part in the festivities and make sure that their fighters can get decent paydays against Bob's fighters.

Crawford has talent, but I'm not sure if Arum's gonna push him. He showed excellent skills against Prescott, but we have to look at it from a "fan's" standpoint (translation: casual fan). They probably thought it was boring as hell, so I dont know if they'll be making a fuss to see him again. Now, had he stopped Prescott, then that would've been a different story.

I remember bob being pretty excited after the show Crawford put on against Prescott. The only thing he didn't do was ko Prescott everything else he did beautifully

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

glad/shocked they're bringing crawford back so soon.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 26 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

so wait, bob was excited about the boxing crawford did, but talked shit about the boxing rigondeaux did?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 26 2013, 06:33 PM) *
so wait, bob was excited about the boxing crawford did, but talked shit about the boxing rigondeaux did?

no shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 26 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 26 2013, 06:33 PM) *

Were talking about the same guy that said mayweather was the next Ali before he left his stable. I think his middle name is hypocrite

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 26 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

is there any info on who garcia is facing?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:23 AM