IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> W. Klitschko vs. David Haye:Word Heavyweight Title Fight, Who Will Win? Vote in the Poll and Comment
W. Klitschko vs. David Haye
Who Will Win?
Klitschko by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Klitschko by Wide Dec [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Klitschko by KO/TKO [ 17 ] ** [56.67%]
Haye by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Haye by Wide Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Haybe by KO/TKO [ 10 ] ** [33.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
D-MARV
post Jun 13 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #31

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

Im pretty hyped for this fight. I can't wait to see Wlad flop around like a fish out of water. Haye will take him out within 3 rounds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jun 13 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 13 2011, 08:42 PM) *
Im pretty hyped for this fight. I can't wait to see Wlad flop around like a fish out of water. Haye will take him out within 3 rounds.

Marv I think you may be a fish out of water with that paltry vote of yours, haha.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 13 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 13 2011, 07:11 AM) *
lol this is true....Warlord how you like Shanghai? I have a meeting there in Sept.

Shanghai sucks, dude. I prefer Tokyo. Never been to Kawasaki though. How you liking it there?

Which part of Shanghai are you going to?

As for my pick I am a Wladimir Fan so I pick him all the way
what's confusing is how people say he's boring...he knocks everyone the fuck out how's that boring?
I mean it was just brutal to see what he did to Chris Byrd....remember that?
everyone else who was top contenders got laid the fuck down lol
remember Calvin Brock? lol the right hook that put him to sleep hahahahaha
Shit people we're talking about Dr. Steel here or is he Dr. Hammer? gosh I get their nicknames mixed any who both are scary ass names hahahahaha
I've watched him in HD hit big ass grown man and they looked as if they got hit by a Mack Truck...just powerful shit man
Wladimir Kickass all day...Haye will sleep like the rest...but I like Haye and If he wins it's good for boxing because he brings the trash talk, and the cockiness

I never thought either Klit was boring. They take their time, brutalizing their opponents, setting up the KO methodically, and then follow through. It's just a double standard you have to get used to. When the Klits use the sweet science to win, they are boring and the reason why boxing is dead. When Gayweather does it, it's all good in the hood and everyone swings from his dirty nutsack as if he were Jesus Christ in the flesh.

The funniest thing of all is the Klits finish opponents. Gayweather doesn't.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 20 2011, 05:56 AM
Post #34

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I wonder when the ref and judges will be finalized for this fight? This is the best for the heavyweight division at least for the present. My friend thinks that because both have vulnerable chins that if this is a blitz fight, whoever lands first, could get the upper hand for the win. I see it a little differently. Wlad takes less risks since the Sanders disaster working off his jab from the outside. I think Wlad knows, if he brawls, his chin COULD let him down again. Haye does not have the greatest chin either. It is possible the either could get hit by an electric shock of lightning early, and not recover.

If it's not a blitz and a Wlad chess game, this will be similar to other Wlad fights. Haye is too small to get past Wlad's long arms and height. But not so small that David can blitz Wlad's chin. Both have the punch to hurt the other. But will they use it, and must David find that "Hail Mary" early to have a chance to win? I say yes. The longer the fight goes, the worse it is for Haye. What COULD suck and might happen is BOTH might fear getting hit by the other and we get a ZZZ fest. But this is unlikely. Still think that David's opportunity remains in the first four rounds. Wlad certainly would be foolish to fight apprehensively when he knows Haye can no longer hurt him, probably by the middle to late stages of the fight, Wlad will pour it on, if it gets to the point.

We are likely to see a very exciting fight within four rounds, but after that, a beating inflicted by the much bigger and stronger fighter. Gotta stick with Wlad by a wide decision.

Jack

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Jun 20 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #35

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 04:26 AM) *
Am I wrong, or were both of those fights BEFORE Steward took over as his trainer? Since then he's won all his fights, and has become more disciplined. I think the mark of a good fighter is to recognize your weaknesses, and adapt to overcome those.

Since Steward has come on board, Wlad is no longer going out there fighting reckless, he's taking care of business, whether it looks good or not. The worst thing he can do is get lured out of that gameplan just to appease some people who will not like him no matter what.

Steward was in Wlad's corner for the Brewster beatdown and when Sam Peter put him on the canvas three times...

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Jun 20 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 13 2011, 07:06 PM) *
people really hype up Wlad's KO losses in this match up. for one he was real shitty back then, he was like a big ass Paul Williams with no punch volume. he also never got stopped by one punch. the best fight to use for what his chin is like would be against Sam Peter and Peter didn't even stop him when he was trying to make it a fight and was dropping Wlad. the problem is that Haye isn't going to throw caution to the wind like that and even if he stuns Wlad all that's gonna happen is he'll get tied up.

You're WAY off.

First, Wlad was shitty back then and Wlad is shitty NOW.

Secondly, Wlad HAS been stopped by one punch. See Corrie Sanders...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jun 20 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 14 2011, 12:59 AM) *
Shanghai sucks, dude. I prefer Tokyo. Never been to Kawasaki though. How you liking it there?

Which part of Shanghai are you going to?

I never thought either Klit was boring. They take their time, brutalizing their opponents, setting up the KO methodically, and then follow through. It's just a double standard you have to get used to. When the Klits use the sweet science to win, they are boring and the reason why boxing is dead. When Gayweather does it, it's all good in the hood and everyone swings from his dirty nutsack as if he were Jesus Christ in the flesh.

The funniest thing of all is the Klits finish opponents. Gayweather doesn't.

Wlad is boring. it's not that he boxes, the problem is that he'll be in with someone that should be out cold inside of 5 rounds and Manny Steward will be yelling for Wlad to stop him but Wlad lets him stay in the fight and will take him to decision. i can't give credit to someone for not getting the kind of victory they deserve.

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jun 20 2011, 03:56 PM) *
You're WAY off.

First, Wlad was shitty back then and Wlad is shitty NOW.

Secondly, Wlad HAS been stopped by one punch. See Corrie Sanders...

lol you cats crack me up with this shit. Wlad was seriously bad for quite some time but he isn't the same fighter he was back in 2003 or the 1990s. i don't even really like him but i can't hate on him that much, he's gotten better. but if his chin is so bad then how did he deal with Sam Peter? the old Wlad would have been stopped again.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jun 20 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #38

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

The egg don't uncrack. Haye has got a serious chance.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jun 21 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #39

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Wlad is gonna beat Haye worse than he did Byrd in their rematch...

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Jun 21 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

Couple of things I do not agree with, but am seeing quite a bit in this thread.

I do not in anyway accept it as a double standard that people rag on the Klits for doing what PBF does. That argument does not wash at HW. PBF can do it and I myself accept it because he is a smaller man......

there is NO WAY...I repeat NO WAY....I want to or expect men that are 6'7 and 250+ lbs. to do it.

ANd, I also consider PBF boring for the most part. I've always said the ONLY reason anybody cares to watch a PBF or Klit fight is based on the opposition....and a hope to see a loss. Nobody watches them to see the same old boring victory....nobody EXCEPT hardcore Klit/PBF fans.

So although I do get the comparison...I don't think the Klits get a pass as they are so F'N huge more is expected out of them.

ALSO...and this is related to the fight at hand.

I keep seeing people comment on how bad Haye's chin is and in particular the Barrett fight.

People need to keep in mind Barrett floored Tua about a year ago....that's not an easy task. So who is to say it's not so much a matter of Haye's chin being "weak" as it could be Barrett getting stronger as he's aging out....I've seen that happen a few times over the years.

Just a thought.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:53 AM