IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you agree with this guy (Terry Foster)??, Article on Floyd/does Mayweather define all Black Men?
mrchitown
post Mar 6 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

She just said some things about Ishe and that after K-9 beats Ishe, he's going to go on and beat Mayweather too. So after they saw each other at the final press conference, some trash talk occurred and it carried over to the fight night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 6 2013, 05:56 PM) *
She just said some things about Ishe and that after K-9 beats Ishe, he's going to go on and beat Mayweather too. So after they saw each other at the final press conference, some trash talk occurred and it carried over to the fight night

i might make a derogatory remark about these guys' wives here in an anonymous forum about how i'd do things to them that i wouldn't do to farm animals...etc...etc...but in real life, unless family members display aggression...they're off limits. if he wanted to talk shit to her...no problem, do it when it happens...but clownin her at the fight while her man is in the ring seems kind of childish. i know anyone in K-9's situation wouldn't have tolerated floyd disrespecting his woman.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Mar 6 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Saying Floyd represents black men is terrible and just wrong. It isn't factually correct.

Floyd is what he is. He is an amazing fighter with supreme dedication and discipline towards his craft. He is also a small, little man with little or no discipline in the rest of his life. I blame it more on his father and family structure. he had a miserable father and no family structure so he ended up being the joke of a man that he is today. What real man beats the mother of his children in front of those children? Seriously? I just can't respect someone like that. I have supreme respect for Floyd as a fighter, but no respect towards him as a man. It's just who he is at this point in his life. Hopefully he can get his act together b/c he does have a few kids he needs to look after and he needs to become a far better role model for them, otherwise he runs the risk of having them turn out to be the man (or lack of one) that he has turned out to be.

What I will say is the lack of respectful adult fathers in the African-American community is a MAJOR problem. It is a HUGE issue that I wish would be taken more seriously.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 7 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2013, 06:34 PM) *
i might make a derogatory remark about these guys' wives here in an anonymous forum about how i'd do things to them that i wouldn't do to farm animals...etc...etc...but in real life, unless family members display aggression...they're off limits. if he wanted to talk shit to her...no problem, do it when it happens...but clownin her at the fight while her man is in the ring seems kind of childish. i know anyone in K-9's situation wouldn't have tolerated floyd disrespecting his woman.

I think he took it too far, and no one from his camp and definitely no one else who was looking at the situation did anything to stop it. That says alot. I bet K9 would've been the only one to do something about it.

He shouldn't have acted like that, now according to Ellerbe she started up at the fight and some back and forth took place. To me, that's cool but once he made the decision to get out of his seat and do what he did that was a bit much.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 7 2013, 02:52 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

i didnt take the article the same way the OP and several others took it. I just saw it as an article about Floyd mayweather. I didnt see the slight about ALL black males, of which I am one. I saw much of the article just describing the behavior of one particulat black male. It did appear that Mayweather could have been a bit more classy when dealing with Bundrage's wife. She seemed to be the one that handled things in a classy way.

+Quote Post
oozemcbuck
post Mar 7 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #16

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,112

In that case, Nicaraguans are a bunch of assholes because of Mayorga, who used to tell fighters he was gonna fuck their wife. So by his definition, Sergio Martinez is an asshole. Right ?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 8 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 7 2013, 02:52 AM) *
i didnt take the article the same way the OP and several others took it. I just saw it as an article about Floyd mayweather. I didnt see the slight about ALL black males, of which I am one. I saw much of the article just describing the behavior of one particulat black male. It did appear that Mayweather could have been a bit more classy when dealing with Bundrage's wife. She seemed to be the one that handled things in a classy way.

I take it that you didn't see the picture of him and Bundrage's wife, on the right side of the 2nd paragraph. No?

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 8 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

What a clown the writer is. Floyd was out of order for what he did, but some context on their professional interaction prior to this taunting would have been in order. And in regard to this being a defining act for Black men, what about all the baseball players (meaning white) I have seen on the news or in the paper discuss the taunting their wives and kids get on the road from loud mouth jerks during the playoffs? Do those men define white males?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 8 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 5 2013, 08:47 PM) *
Floyd is sure to not win any points with those who are against him for this, in fact, this is the very fuel they need and wanted for the fire. Notice how the media never went all out to demonize Rothlesberger (I know I spelled it wrong) despite him raping a woman (maybe even 2) but no media was around him following his every move and making any issues out of anything he said of did during that time.

Yep, Rapelisberger definitely lost his marbles with two women within a 21-month period. It seemed to get covered up rather quickly, but according to the first incident, there 8 or 9 other people involved, but the fact that the 2nd incident involved him as well, seemed a bit fishy.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 8 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Here is the thing, if K-9 didn't demand an apology from Floyd what he did to his wife then really that is on him. Also we can not be chivalric when a woman is not acting as such. If she was talking big shit and acting like a boss, then there are rules to the game. Do I think what he did was wrong? On a certain level of being a gentleman and a man yes, but that business side of me says: FAIR GAME. This writer is a dick. Andre Ward, Chad Dawson and a slue of other boxers are great examples of African American men. Why not highlight them? Like someone mentioned, Floyd came up from the rough side of the mountain he might not be as polished as some us would like. As far as his issues with his children's mother, I have no idea, I do not read into the man's personal life, but by all accounts, he does take care of his children. A lot of sports figures who are balling do not even do that. We can always spot the stains in other people, especially the obvious ones, but we also pick our heroes. Tyson is well beloved now, but not when he ruled boxing, everyone hated the guy. Floyd is Floyd, I love his talent inside the ring, and he is who he is outside. I think this writer should try to write meaningful articles instead of the obvious. He has done some foul shit but he has also done so extraordinary things as well.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 8 2013, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:31 AM