> Ricky Hatton vs Mayweather, I know Ricky got undressed and knocked out
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 01:46 PM) *
Don't agree. Ricky was landing his jab on Floyd's face and he has T-rex arms, Floyd was uncomfortable and even he himself always mentions the Ricky victory as one of his signature. Why doyou think that is? He knew Ricky was game and if Hatton was allowed to hold liek he did in his other fights, he could've possibly gone the distance as opposed to Floyd building up this momentum and putting him out.

Cotto is not more capable than Castillo. I think he will get Gattied

i can't see cotto getting gattied....i think pac will though. btw. u seriously overrate hatton. he was never in the fight against floyd. he was done after the collazo fight. hatton isn't half the fighter cotto is...and cotto has a much bigger bag of tricks than castillo. castillo only knew how to fight one way. cotto is a multi-faceted fighter.

we'll see what happens fight night.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 17 2012, 01:57 PM) *
This isn't really anything new for Floyd. As a matter-of-fact, it's pretty normal. I've seen him in uncomfortable situations several times (i.e. in fights against Judah, Corley, Mosley, etc... just to name a few), but each time, he adjusted and adapted to his opponent's fightin' style. That's 1 of the things that makes him great, but some people choose to overlook that aspect of his ring intelligence. Even though he dominated Mosley, Mosley still had Floyd uncomfortable (momentarily (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ). It only took Floyd 2 rounds to adjust in that fight.

Enough said, case closed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 17 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i disagree with the cotto having a bigger bag of tricks than castillo. Castillo was an old dog. He learned a whole lot from JCC. I think he had more tricks than cotto does, i watched his whole career and he knew when and where to place shots, how to use his elbows and head, etc. he was a vet. Cotto does have a tricks up his sleeve, he is smart but he isn't as savvy as castillo was. could have been but i think he had it too easy at junior ww and that stunted his skill set a bit. or maybe it was his trainer.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 17 2012, 05:21 PM) *
i disagree with the cotto having a bigger bag of tricks than castillo. Castillo was an old dog. He learned a whole lot from JCC. I think he had more tricks than cotto does, i watched his whole career and he knew when and where to place shots, how to use his elbows and head, etc. he was a vet. Cotto does have a tricks up his sleeve, he is smart but he isn't as savvy as castillo was. could have been but i think he had it too easy at junior ww and that stunted his skill set a bit. or maybe it was his trainer.

maybe "bigger bag of tricks" was the wrong term...but cotto definitely is more capable because he changes his style of fighting. he can stick and move...he can lead, he can counter. he can fight aggressively...he fights orthodox and southpaw. for the most part...castillo only fought one way.

on a different note...according to manny steward...jcc could actually box...but he fought his whole career one way. i cannot recall a single fight that he ever boxed in and i have his career set.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 17 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

You are right, cotto is more capable, he is much more of an athlete and i honestly think that if he would have had a different trainer he could have been even greater. He can do it all, he is a complete fighter with tons of heart.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 17 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

After Floyd walks through Cotto youll be saying Cotto is done. Just like you did after the Marquez fight. It's not that Cotto cant fight it's just one guy fights way better than the other.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 17 2012, 03:51 PM) *
Hatton's slide in confidence began after LUIS COLLAZO...

What are you talking about? C'mon man...

Hatton lost his confidence after the Collazo fight...

Oh my bad, you said that shit already. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seriously though, that last round of the Collazo fight wasn't Ricky's friend, and of course his demise started after that fight. Oh damn...you already said that too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 17 2012, 05:35 PM) *
You are right, cotto is more capable, he is much more of an athlete and i honestly think that if he would have had a different trainer he could have been even greater. He can do it all, he is a complete fighter with tons of heart.

i agree on the trainer thing. i thought his uncle was limited as well.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 17 2012, 05:58 PM) *
After Floyd walks through Cotto youll be saying Cotto is done. Just like you did after the Marquez fight. It's not that Cotto cant fight it's just one guy fights way better than the other.

who thought marquez was done? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 06:23 PM) *
What are you talking about? C'mon man...

Hatton lost his confidence after the Collazo fight...

Oh my bad, you said that shit already. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seriously though, that last round of the Collazo fight wasn't Ricky's friend, and of course his demise started after that fight. Oh damn...you already said that too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i thought collazo won that fight and got robbed of being the first person to drop hatton. he definitely wasn't the same after that one.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:09 PM