IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mosley vs Mora this weekend, Anyone buying the card?
Snoop
post Sep 17 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #31

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Fuck I REALLY hate Mora. I think I'd be double pissed if I paid to watch him win.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Sep 17 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #32

Guests

A fight that should be more entertaining than some may think and will also be a long night for Mosley, who no longer at his best is moving back up to a division he as never looked great in to begin with against a bigger, slippery boxer who tends to stay busy.

Mosley will come out to prove a point more so than usual and Mora has another big opportunity in front of him which he has shown in the past is more than capable of taking advantage of, which is why this should make for an interesting match-up.

Mosley, Mora, Ortiz, Harris, Baldomir & Alvarez on the same card is one of the most solid PPV we have had this year, some are just focusing on the main event not being the biggest. I would like to see more cards packed liked this in the future, it's gets the sport rolling much quicker.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) GO MOSLEY!!

This post has been edited by ViperSniper: Sep 17 2010, 04:54 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 17 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #33

Guests

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Sep 17 2010, 07:52 PM) *
A fight that should be more entertaining than some may think and will also be a long night for Mosley, who no longer at his best is moving back up to a division he as never looked great in to begin with against a bigger, slippery boxer who tends to stay busy.

Mosley will come out to prove a point more so than usual and Mora has another big opportunity in front of him which he has shown in the past is more than capable of taking advantage of, which is why this should make for an interesting match-up.

Mosley, Mora, Ortiz, Harris, Baldomir & Alvarez on the same card is one of the most solid PPV we have had this year, some are just focusing on the main event not being the biggest. I would like to see more cards packed liked this in the future, it's gets the sport rolling much quicker.

Exactly. I don't see what the fuss is about. It is a solid card. I prefer a solid card than a good main event and the rest scraps.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 17 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Sep 17 2010, 04:52 AM) *

Ortiz-Harris and Alvarez-Baldomir make this worth watching, but neither of those fights would have been main events on a regular HBO card (as neither Harris nor Baldomir are legit contenders) so to call this a "solid PPV" is just another way of saying that we, as boxing fans, have gotten so used to being screwed that we are actually grateful for 3 B-level fights in one night. The super bowl, the kentucky derby, and the world series are all free but Mosley-Mora costs $44.95. This is an ass-fucking courtesy of Goldenboy.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 17 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #35

Guests

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 10:05 PM) *
Ortiz-Harris and Alvarez-Baldomir make this worth watching, but neither of those fights would have been main events on a regular HBO card (as neither Harris nor Baldomir are legit contenders) so to call this a "solid PPV" is just another way of saying that we, as boxing fans, have gotten so used to being screwed that we are actually grateful for 3 B-level fights in one night. The super bowl, the kentucky derby, and the world series are all free but Mosley-Mora costs $44.95. This is an ass-fucking courtesy of Goldenboy.

But they aren't 'main events' on regular HBO they are undercards on PPV, so what's the problem? I seen some undercard fights on PPV that would probably be undercards on Friday Night Fights or something. I have seen some really bad cards that barely even get a mention on how shit they are, this isn't one that should be bitched about, as I really believe worse ones have been left a lone.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 17 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 17 2010, 07:42 AM) *
But they aren't 'main events' on regular HBO they are undercards on PPV, so what's the problem? I seen some undercard fights on PPV that would probably be undercards on Friday Night Fights or something. I have seen some really bad cards that barely even get a mention on how shit they are, this isn't one that should be bitched about, as I really believe worse ones have been left a lone.

Ortiz is barely hanging on to his contender status and Harris has bombed every time he's gotten a big chance. It's an interesting fight, but I don't think we should have to pay for an interesting fight - especially since we are already paying for HBO. And I doubt that half the people on this board even know who Alvarez is and he's fighting a b- level guy in the 39 year old Baldomir. Again, not exactly PPV type of stuff.

As far as Mosley-Mora, I can't think of a fight I'd like to see less. Mora is the most boring fighter in the sport and Mosley is past it.

It's obviously a decent way to spend a Saturday night, but the fact that we're having to pay for it is very fucked. As far as other PPVs not getting mentioned, I think that we are all so tired of the subject of how promoters/HBO are constantly fucking us by forcing us to pay for boxing when every other sport is free that tons of shitty ppvs get ignored on this board (all of Arum's Chavez Jr. cards for example). And if the main event was a great fight this would be a great card, but the main event is going to be boring as hell.

We've been conditioned to accept this kind of bullshit and so I think that any time the subject comes up we should at least remember to speak our minds. At the very least there should be some kind of recognition that this fight is a bullshit PPV and that the cost should be $19.95 at the very most - still a joke considering that every other sport is free.

The bottom line here is that there's a reason the Staples center will be empty on Saturday and the PPV won't sell well. As a consequence, the hardcore fans will be out $45 and the casual fans won't get the chance to see two up and coming fighters in Ortiz and Alvarez. Fuck Goldenboy and Fuck HBO.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 17 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #37

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 08:03 AM) *
Ortiz is barely hanging on to his contender status and Harris has bombed every time he's gotten a big chance. It's an interesting fight, but I don't think we should have to pay for an interesting fight - especially since we are already paying for HBO. And I doubt that half the people on this board even know who Alvarez is and he's fighting a b- level guy in the 39 year old Baldomir. Again, not exactly PPV type of stuff.

As far as Mosley-Mora, I can't think of a fight I'd like to see less. Mora is the most boring fighter in the sport and Mosley is past it.

It's obviously a decent way to spend a Saturday night, but the fact that we're having to pay for it is very fucked. As far as other PPVs not getting mentioned, I think that we are all so tired of the subject of how promoters/HBO are constantly fucking us by forcing us to pay for boxing when every other sport is free that tons of shitty ppvs get ignored on this board (all of Arum's Chavez Jr. cards for example). And if the main event was a great fight this would be a great card, but the main event is going to be boring as hell.

We've been conditioned to accept this kind of bullshit and so I think that any time the subject comes up we should at least remember to speak our minds. At the very least there should be some kind of recognition that this fight is a bullshit PPV and that the cost should be $19.95 at the very most - still a joke considering that every other sport is free.

The bottom line here is that there's a reason the Staples center will be empty on Saturday and the PPV won't sell well. As a consequence, the hardcore fans will be out $45 and the casual fans won't get the chance to see two up and coming fighters in Ortiz and Alvarez. Fuck Goldenboy and Fuck HBO.

Is your last name BuzzKill?

On the otherhand, this card is a good excuse for me not to go out to some joint that does not make as good eats as my wife does (or I can grill) at home, saving me way more than the price of admission.

I think this is a decent card. We (or I) will see.

I would rather pay for this than most of the UFC stuff I have paid for.

Movie for two, popcorn and sodas cost near as much, for omnipotent being's sake.

Here, take a hit of this . . . and SHADDAP.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 17 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 17 2010, 08:55 AM) *
I would rather pay for this than most of the UFC stuff I have paid for.

I'd rather stick a needle in my eye than cut my dick off.

There's no way this fight would be on HBO PPV if Mosley was with Arum or Shaw or anyone else other than Goldenboy because the card isn't remotely PPV worthy. I suspect it will get less than 200K buys - maybe less than 100K.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Sep 17 2010, 10:06 AM
Post #39

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

Anyone planning on purchasing this shit parade of a fight, please pm me. I have some lucrative business opportunities for you.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Sep 17 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #40

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

It seems to me that more boxing fans are picking Mora to win, I wish the odds would reflect this.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:38 PM