Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miguel Vazquez, why the hate?
mgrover
post Feb 16 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I don't think Burns will beat him, I want Broner vs Vazquez. He's a smart fighter, and I don't really what people say that he's boring this or that the man has his fundamentals down. He runs? Or he uses effective footwork either way it gets the job done
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

MG, Vazquez put me to sleep on the JMM/Pac 4 undercard. Lol

I've seen him fight on the Turning Stone triple header a few months ago...same result. Broner/Vazquez will be similar to Mike Jones/Randall Bailey and Donaire/Navaez.

I respect boxing fundamentals to the fullest, but he just overdoes everything...that circling & boxing in particular. Those last 2 rounds of De La Hoya/Trinidad, is a usually a 12-round reenactment when Vazquez fights. I'd rather see Broner/Abril or Broner/Burns.

A Broner/Vazquez would actually make Broner look bad, and that says a lot coming from a guy who cant stand Broner's doppleganger existence. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 16 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

watch Vazquez beat burns and Broner will be like am moving up? Fuck that shit. Mans ducking in my eyes

also he put you to sleep cause Gesta couldnt do shit, corner didnt have a plan for shit. He stalked trying to land massive shots that missed. Whose fault is that?

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 16 2013, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 16 2013, 06:30 PM) *
watch Vazquez beat burns and Broner will be like am moving up? Fuck that shit. Mans ducking in my eyes

also he put you to sleep cause Gesta couldnt do shit, corner didnt have a plan for shit. He stalked trying to land massive shots that missed. Whose fault is that?

I can agree with your point about Gesta, he just couldn't do anything.

Broner ducking Vazquez?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) C'mon MG.

As Vazquez makes himself and the other fighter look over the course of 12 rounds, I'd look the other way too. I still can't picture Vazquez beating Broner, or giving him any trouble. Dude hardly engages during fights, so I don't know what to make of it.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 16 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 16 2013, 06:30 PM) *

I think vasquez can beat burns. But I've seen vasquez hurt a few times, so if burns or broner land even once that could be all she wrote. Gesta is an overrated bum that has very low ring iq. Someone that effectively cuts him off and times him will ko him. Don't get me wrong, vasquez is good. Hes isn't great at everything but he's very good at what he does

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 16 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:38 PM) *
I can agree with your point about Gesta, he just couldn't do anything.

Broner ducking Vazquez?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) C'mon MG.

As Vazquez makes himself and the other fighter look over the course of 12 rounds, I'd look the other way too. I still can't picture Vazquez beating Broner, or giving him any trouble. Dude hardly engages during fights, so I don't know what to make of it.

I've yet to see Broner fight someone pretty slick. and why doesnt broner unify? he'll have WBC/IBF/WBO if he beats burns or vazquez. hell he could fight Vazquez for the ring title since hes first and Vazquez is second. Rankings wise this fight makes sense.

also if broner moves up Vazquez can play around in lightweight boring you more Cshel, wouldn't you rather he be stopped (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 16 2013, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 16 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 16 2013, 06:03 PM) *
I don't think Burns will beat him, I want Broner vs Vazquez. He's a smart fighter, and I don't really what people say that he's boring this or that the man has his fundamentals down. He runs? Or he uses effective footwork either way it gets the job done

Absolutely no hate for Vazquez here. Not the best, but definitely worthy of respect.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 18 2013, 01:34 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 16 2013, 06:03 PM) *

I still think abril is a harder fight than vasquez, he combines what vasquez does with effective aggression as well. I think that's his toughest fight at 135

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 18 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Vasquez moves around quite a bit and has little pop to his punches. Kinda reminds me of Corey Spinks. Mayweather Jr Jr will definately lose rounds to Vasquez, but I do think he wins the fight.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 18 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I agree that Vasquez is a solid fighter - you know how it goes with fans and boxers with a conservative style...he won't get the respect (there are exceptions) until he neutralizes a wild fighter with a fanbase.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:11 AM