Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Manny Pacquiao vs Julio Cesar Chavez @ 140
Douchebag
post Nov 17 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

I'm going with Manny by TKO. I think Chavez would be left a bloody mess by round 9 and the ref or corner would have to stop it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PR316
post Nov 17 2009, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

At 140 Pacquiao wins a decision. Too much speed and workrate for Julio not to mention the angles and counterpunching.

At 135 I got Julio. He was just perfect at that weight and so strong. He would break Pacquiao down like he did Rosario.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Nov 17 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 17 2009, 11:00 AM) *
At 135 I got Julio. He was just perfect at that weight and so strong. He would break Pacquiao down like he did Rosario.

Yeah at 135 Chavez was a beast. I don't think he'd put on quite the clinic that he did against Rosario but he'd do enough to win.

At 140 I've got Pac on points after a hard fight.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Nov 17 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #4

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Pac by decision or late KTO.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 17 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 17 2009, 06:54 PM) *
Pac by decision or late KTO.

No way G no one and mean NO ONE not even Duran would stop a prime Chavez.

Chavez had an abnormally thick cranium which was proven during a cat scan. In his prime no one even buckled Chavez thats a fact.

People tend to forge how great a fighter Chavez was at his best he was a relentless machine kinda like Manny. He carried great power at 135lb and had tough skin. The ony advantage Manny would have would be speed but other than that I would doubt Roach would want Manny to stand in front of Chavez. Manny would have some early success with his movement but Chavez was master at cutting off the ring. Manny would also be to brave for his own good eventually he'll get in a fire fight and Chavez who was arguably one of the best if not the best bodypuncher ever he would pound Manny hard. They both have excpetional conditioning but Chavez would actually do what many thought Cotto was gonna do.

It's sad that most fans nowadays mainly remember chavez for his Taylor KO and the DLH losses and i know most will accusse me of being bias and thats fine this is only my opinion but just because Manny is already considered an all time great(by me aswell) and a modern day Armstrong doesn't mean he was unbeatable.

Just remember what Morales did with Manny in the first fight and although some will say Manny was a one handed fighter well Morales was no fresh pup either he was on the decline aswell and on his way out. Im a big fan of Manny now aswell but Chavez was all wrong for Manny boxers troubled Chavez not fighters which Manny would eventually do.

Chavez would batter Manny for 12 rds and possibly ruin his career or get a late rd stoppage.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Nov 17 2009, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 17 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 17 2009, 09:03 PM) *
But a TKO could also happen with Chavez quitting on his stool like he did against DLH. It doesn't mean he has to get laid out.

C'mon Fitz are you new to the game or what your basing that from an old tired down Chavez who was almost 40 yrs old.

So i guess we can assume a prime Duran(not a coked out one)or a prime Robinson would quit aswell since they both did when they weren't at there best anymore.

lets waite and see how an old 38 or 39 yr old Manny or Mayweather will react when there getting whooped by a younger elite fighter.

Chavez would pound Manny but he gets no appreciation around here never has and im sure with his son being such a hyped up lame ass fighter Sr. might get even less appreciation around these boards.

But i would be extremely confident in a Chavez beat down.

Morales was great but he was no Chavez not even close and like i mentioned we already know what he did with Pac.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Nov 17 2009, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Nov 17 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 17 2009, 08:09 PM) *
C'mon Fitz are you new to the game or what your basing that from an old tired down Chavez who was almost 40 yrs old.

So i guess we can assume a prime Duran(not a coked out one)or a prime Robinson would quit aswell since they both did when they weren't at there best anymore.

lets waite and see how an old 38 or 39 yr old Manny or Mayweather will react when there getting whooped by a younger elite fighter.

Chavez would pound Manny but he gets no appreciation around here never has and im sure with his son being such a hyped up lame ass fighter Sr. might get even less appreciation around these boards.

But i would be extremely confident in a Chavez beat down.

Morales was great but he was no Chavez not even close and like i mentioned we already know what he did with Pac.

The difference is Morales outboxed Manny while Chavez would go toward him and brawl with him. I just think there are very few fighters in history that could outbrawl Manny.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 18 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 17 2009, 10:01 PM) *
The difference is Morales outboxed Manny while Chavez would go toward him and brawl with him. I just think there are very few fighters in history that could outbrawl Manny.

I agreee Morales didn't stay to trade with Manny but he didn't move much either i believe he just outfought Manny. And while i also agree very few men could outbrawl Manny. Chavez wasn't just a brawler he was a boxer puncher(see Ramirez fight )when needed though he was so good at what he mainly did he he rarely used his skills but had he been only a brawler he wouldn't have accomplished all that he did.

Lik i said Manny is now good at giving angles in moving in and out but he has too much of a warrior spirit to just stick to that all night he loves to exchange because thats what he does best and against Chavez that would not serve him best.

Chavez was at his absolute best when you fought him which Manny would clearly do those left hooks to the liver would get to Manny eventually thats when Chavez would start to take over and bust Manny up who has also been marked up in his fare share of fights. Chavez on the other hand was never cut nor even swollen during his prime he had very thick skin the only mark Chavez had during a fight was that little nick on the bridge of his nose. As he began to age ofcourse he began being more prone to cuts but i dare you find me a fight where chavez was busted up during his prime even in the Taylor fight where Chavez absorbed some brutal shots you look at him during the post fight interview he looks like he just woke up.

If you've seen a prime Chavez you would know that he could do pretty much everything Morales did but better and despite Morales being known for a good chin Chavez chin and head was titanuim. Hell even when Chavez was completley done in the 2nd DLH fight Chavez was hit with Oscars lethal left hook square on the chin countless times and was never in any seriouse trouble of going down.

Styles make fights we know that but Morales himslf and Marquez would tell you that Chavez was a far superior fighter than them selfs.

I like Manny but this would be one of those fights where he would be outfought.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Nov 18 2009, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:26 AM