IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could a Possible Alexander/Bradley Rematch, Strike Interest in the Near Future???, Look at how things are panning out...
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 03:10 PM) *
I dont think any of these fighters should be in the business of finding out if they can take their opponent's punch, but sadly, there are some crazy ones out there that dont care. For this to be his biggest fight, that should be the last risk that he's willing to take.

every fighter gets hit. some less than others....but they all feel each others punch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 03:44 PM) *
i agree...the fight was premature and should have been promoted better. i was disappointed in the ending...i wanted something more definitive...but make no mistake about it...bradley broke alexander down and was taking things away from him systematically. alexander saying he couldn't see was his way out of the inevitable ass whoopin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

fighting alexander after pac will be a step backwards. beating pac would only leave one obvious opponent afterwards and that's floyd. if he loses to pac....then i say make the alexander rematch.

Truthfully, I didn't see either of them doing much in the first fight...Bradley was just busier and acted like he wanted it. Still though, not much happened. I may need to go back and watch it though...since the "nothingness" is still stuck in my head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Honestly, where can Bradley go after fighting the 1A/1B fighter in the sport. Win or lose, if Floyd (1A/1B fighter in the sport) wont give him a chance, then he has no choice but to look over his shoulder.

At this point, Alexander is trailing him, being the fact that he (Devon) may just get the winner of Berto/Ortiz. So, if Devon fights the winner of Berto/Ortiz, then what meaningful fight will Bradley have?...especially since Khan and Peterson will be fighting again.

Suggestions?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 03:45 PM) *
every fighter gets hit. some less than others....but they all feel each others punch.

I wasn't doubting that, but again, I was speaking of guys like Rios, Maidana, Margarito, etc., who can give two shits about taking a punch. Those guys have nothing to lose, unlike Bradley, who doesn't need to get the urge wanna feel a Pacquiao punch.

Bradley always makes a point of defending his headbutts by bringing up the "southpaw vs conventional fighter" explanation. Pac's a southpaw, but that straight left comes fast as lightning, and usually starts all of the trouble.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Truthfully, I didn't see either of them doing much in the first fight...Bradley was just busier and acted like he wanted it. Still though, not much happened. I may need to go back and watch it though...since the "nothingness" is still stuck in my head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Honestly, where can Bradley go after fighting the 1A/1B fighter in the sport. Win or lose, if Floyd (1A/1B fighter in the sport) wont give him a chance, then he has no choice but to look over his shoulder.

At this point, Alexander is trailing him, being the fact that he (Devon) may just get the winner of Berto/Ortiz. So, if Devon fights the winner of Berto/Ortiz, then what meaningful fight will Bradley have?...especially since Khan and Peterson will be fighting again.

Suggestions?

for the record...i was never one of the ppl who believed bradley ducked khan at 140. in my eyes...beating alexander made him the best in the division. it would have been nice to see him unify at 140...but at this point, the way everything played out...i still believe he was the best at 140 and has nothing else to prove there. he played his cards right and now is in the best position possible at this point. beating pac only leads to him going all in and rolling the dice with floyd. wins against those two will stamp him as the best at 147 too. styles make fights...and taking steps backwards (especially if he can beat pac) against alexander or the berto/ortiz winner will be great for fans and will put a decent amount of money in his pocket. i'd watch any of those match ups....but i wanna see him go for it all. if khan can beat peterson convincingly, then maybe u make that fight too. if peterson wins...he may be option 3 or 4.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 03:57 PM) *
I wasn't doubting that, but again, I was speaking of guys like Rios, Maidana, Margarito, etc., who can give two shits about taking a punch. Those guys have nothing to lose, unlike Bradley, who doesn't need to get the urge wanna feel a Pacquiao punch.

Bradley always makes a point of defending his headbutts by bringing up the "southpaw vs conventional fighter" explanation. Pac's a southpaw, but that straight left comes fast as lightning, and usually starts all of the trouble.

bradley has always had decent defense. i can't see him pulling a mayorga and giving pac free shots. he's much more refined than rios, maidana and margarito. i agree....pac is a great puncher...but he's been a great puncher against guys that weren't fully hydrated. bradley will be fully hydrated.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 27 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

With Alexander's recent performance and if Bradley looks good against PAC, why not?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 27 2012, 05:20 PM) *
With Alexander's recent performance and if Bradley looks good against PAC, why not?

I can see it happening, at least sometime next year if not in the fall.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 04:05 PM) *
for the record...i was never one of the ppl who believed bradley ducked khan at 140. in my eyes...beating alexander made him the best in the division. it would have been nice to see him unify at 140...but at this point, the way everything played out...i still believe he was the best at 140 and has nothing else to prove there. he played his cards right and now is in the best position possible at this point. beating pac only leads to him going all in and rolling the dice with floyd. wins against those two will stamp him as the best at 147 too. styles make fights...and taking steps backwards (especially if he can beat pac) against alexander or the berto/ortiz winner will be great for fans and will put a decent amount of money in his pocket. i'd watch any of those match ups....but i wanna see him go for it all. if khan can beat peterson convincingly, then maybe u make that fight too. if peterson wins...he may be option 3 or 4.

I didn't believe he ducked him either, and I was on his side with the contract issues. It got annoying and evident that he ducked, once he said, "Forget Khan, I want Mayweather and Pacquio", THAT'S when it did it for me. Im sure he wanted to make money, but that doubt of Khan derailing him, was a bit overwhelming for him.

I cant say that the Alexander fight cemented him as the best at 140, if anything, the way the fight went, it just turned things sour. Even if he beats Pac, Im wondering how that makes him the best at 147, when he has no trail at WW. Sorry, I just dont see how that's possible.

Again, if he wins or loses to Pac, and cant get a Mayweather fight, then where does go? Exactly, he has to go backwards and fight somebody. Thats the only choice that he's left with, being the fact that he managed to pass go and collect his $200, well, more like $5M (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 05:44 PM) *
I didn't believe he ducked him either, and I was on his side with the contract issues. It got annoying and evident that he ducked, once he said, "Forget Khan, I want Mayweather and Pacquio", THAT'S when it did it for me. Im sure he wanted to make money, but that doubt of Khan derailing him, was a bit overwhelming for him.

I cant say that the Alexander fight cemented him as the best at 140, if anything, the way the fight went, it just turned things sour. Even if he beats Pac, Im wondering how that makes him the best at 147, when he has no trail at WW. Sorry, I just dont see how that's possible.

Again, if he wins or loses to Pac, and cant get a Mayweather fight, then where does go? Exactly, he has to go backwards and fight somebody. Thats the only choice that he's left with, being the fact that he managed to pass go and collect his $200, well, more like $5M (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

khan is and has always been a one trick pony. peterson beat him and peterson is not a pressure fighter and isn't as good as bradley. i thought alexander was/is better than khan and bradley/khan only made sense if khan had 2 belts. at the time the fight was offered, he only had one. it would have been great to see bradley become a unified champion at 140 but the timing was off. bradley made the right decision. if and when bradley and khan ever fight...khan is going to get whooped.

i like bradley's chances against pac. i believe he's going to beat pac...or he'll be robbed. either way...his stock goes up. either way...floyd is going to feel like bradley took something from him....or at least the media is going to play it that way to make that fight. i think bradley is a more complete fighter than ortiz and berto. beating pac and floyd would make him the best at 147....there's no doubt about that. who else would be able to say that?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 07:07 PM) *
khan is and has always been a one trick pony. peterson beat him and peterson is not a pressure fighter and isn't as good as bradley. i thought alexander was/is better than khan and bradley/khan only made sense if khan had 2 belts. at the time the fight was offered, he only had one. it would have been great to see bradley become a unified champion at 140 but the timing was off. bradley made the right decision. if and when bradley and khan ever fight...khan is going to get whooped.

i like bradley's chances against pac. i believe he's going to beat pac...or he'll be robbed. either way...his stock goes up. either way...floyd is going to feel like bradley took something from him....or at least the media is going to play it that way to make that fight. i think bradley is a more complete fighter than ortiz and berto. beating pac and floyd would make him the best at 147....there's no doubt about that. who else would be able to say that?

You're right, Khan still fights like an amateur, but the fact is, he had a substantial size difference over Bradley, height more so than reach. You have to think about it, if it went to the cards and Khan had small spurts of trouble, then Tim would've got fucked on the cards, since Amir was the favorite.

Damn Professor, you're pushing this Bradley thing, but I wont give you hell for it. He's just not my type of fighter though...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:09 PM