Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Victor Ortiz, Returns on Jan. 30th vs Collazo
Cshel86
post Nov 7 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Okay, so he's been scraped from the Dec. 14th card, and put on a January 30th card at the Barclays. Honestly, as much of a let-down and a head case as Ortiz can be at times, it would've just looked reeeal awkward to have him on Broner's undercard...or any fighter who hasn't seen the big stage's undercard.

He appears to be back at his uncertain trash talk, so who knows what he'll bring this time around. He took several jabs at Canelo, Lopez, and made it clear that he's ready for anybody from 147 to 154. Now, let's talk about his upcoming opponent...Luis Collazo.

Aren't these guys friends? Ummm...yeah, we know how fights go, when guys are buddies or sparring partners, it usually makes for a snooze fest. Ortiz has to shake the cob webs off and end the fight in good fashion, but going the distance may actually be a good thing for him. Looks like they're going to be the co-feature for Quillen/Jacobs.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 7 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Collazo looked good in his last fight. Not an easy fight for Victor. Especially since he's coming off of a very long layoff. This fight may be more interesting then we give it credit for

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 7 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm pretty sure these two are buddies as you said Cshels.. intriguing.

Good fight for vic

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 7 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I like this fight. Collazo is a good competitor, this will be interesting. I gotta lean towards Ortiz though.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 7 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I think both guys will try to make a statement. It'll be in Collazo's back yard and for the fact that he's been known to come up short when the lights get bright, I'm sure he'll want to take this opportunity against Ortiz whom like it's been said, is coming off a long layoff going all Hollywood and shit lol. Plain and simple though, Ortiz's fights are always thrilling to watch so in this case I don't think friendship will matter.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Nov 7 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

Mentally the kids not the sharpest tool in the shed but he does come prepared ...if Stallone walks him to the ring ill be counting it as a W for em

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Nov 7 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Collazo is the better boxer and Ortiz will be rusty... Collazo may very well box and frustrate Ortiz into desperation (quit) mode

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Nov 7 2013, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 8 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 7 2013, 03:09 PM) *
I think both guys will try to make a statement. It'll be in Collazo's back yard and for the fact that he's been known to come up short when the lights get bright, I'm sure he'll want to take this opportunity against Ortiz whom like it's been said, is coming off a long layoff going all Hollywood and shit lol. Plain and simple though, Ortiz's fights are always thrilling to watch so in this case I don't think friendship will matter.

If by come up short you mean get railroaded? Then yea he has come up short lol. Louie has been on the questionable end of quite a few decisions...

I like to put him on that enchanted list "the guys who almost fuck shit up" ya know? The Carlos molinas, winky wrighys, Laras, yhonny gonzalez' of the world.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 11 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Collazo is like Quintana. He never does enough to solidify himself as a real champion but every once in a while, he can fuck up a promoter's night. He's no slouch.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Nov 25 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I'd love to see Ortiz vs Rios in a grudge match extraordinaire.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:21 PM