Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is this support or exploitation?
Franchize
post Oct 11 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

So clearly the temperature has changed in the world on gay rights over the years.. I personally don't consider myself supporting homosexuality per se but I don't understand people who go out of their way (and pockets) to fight it. The way I see it is, it's none of my business and it's not like they aren't going to be gay regardless. I don't eat hot dogs but I'm not spending a bunch of money to stop other people from going to Nathans. (besides they have some good ass fries.)

Anyway, I saw this article and wanted you guys take on it. Orlando Cruz wearing Rainbow colored trunks and pink gloves in the ring. Now I'm all for supporting a cause. I have no issue with him standing up for what he believes in. But in the midst of Jason Collins getting WAY more much exposure than his 3 points per game career average ever warrants, does this strike you as somewhat of a publicity stunt? I mean this guy is wearing almost every gay stereotype possible. Any outfit more gay would include ass-less chaps. Just wanted you guys' take on this matter.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1806019...orld-title-bout

O yea and please to rip me for reading Bleacher Report (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . It was inadvertent. I absolutely loathe that site.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 11 2013, 02:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 11 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

broner wore pink gloves didnt he...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 11 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 11 2013, 04:03 PM) *

This is more than pink gloves. Floyd wore pink also. Pink Gloves, a Rainbow colored pair of trunks that looks like a mini skirt. Cmon now.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 11 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

Broner wore pink for breast cancer, I hope Salido beats him bad, I don't want to have to see this garbage when I watch boxing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 11 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 11 2013, 03:03 PM) *

Watch it Grover or Bandcamp will be unleashed upon you

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 11 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't know if I'd say it's a publicity stunt, moreso that he's ceasing the moment to make a statement...now Jason Collins got the bad deal, ever since he came out don't know team want him. And the guy who got cut by the Ravens after he announced he was gay, still ain't found a team. He a young dude too. Shit is sad, stereotypes and phobias are kickin with a vengeance

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 11 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

its not that, its that the media itself is making more of a deal than it needs to about it.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Oct 11 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 11 2013, 09:03 PM) *

Because it was cancer awareness month

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2013, 03:53 PM) *
So clearly the temperature has changed in the world on gay rights over the years.. I personally don't consider myself supporting homosexuality per se but I don't understand people who go out of their way (and pockets) to fight it. The way I see it is, it's none of my business and it's not like they aren't going to be gay regardless. I don't eat hot dogs but I'm not spending a bunch of money to stop other people from going to Nathans. (besides they have some good ass fries.)

Anyway, I saw this article and wanted you guys take on it. Orlando Cruz wearing Rainbow colored trunks and pink gloves in the ring. Now I'm all for supporting a cause. I have no issue with him standing up for what he believes in. But in the midst of Jason Collins getting WAY more much exposure than his 3 points per game career average ever warrants, does this strike you as somewhat of a publicity stunt? I mean this guy is wearing almost every gay stereotype possible. Any outfit more gay would include ass-less chaps. Just wanted you guys' take on this matter.

O yea and please to rip me for reading Bleacher Report (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . It was inadvertent. I absolutely loathe that site.

I just dont wanna see somebody deface the PR flag with "colors"...that's like a fighter defacing the American flag in the same manner. Be who you are, but know your limits...

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 11 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2013, 03:53 PM) *

U don't eat hotdogs? .. perfect example.. ahahahhaha

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:25 AM