Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ward/dawson 24/7, discussion thread
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

it's what i thought it would be. both guys are very respectful of each other and so are both trainers. was it just me, or did dawsons' camp seem a bit more confident/sure of themselves? ward and hunter seemed to be almost making excuses already. the fight is going to be more entertaining than the 24/7....but i did enjoy the behind the scenes for both camps. they're not going to reveal too much...but i enjoy listening to virgil hunter analyze shit. he's one of the best in boxing and doesn't get the credit he deserves. when it's all said and done...he'll be recognized as one of the best i'm sure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 27 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

havent seen it, any chance of a youtube link?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2012, 08:02 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2012, 08:57 PM) *
it's what i thought it would be. both guys are very respectful of each other and so are both trainers. was it just me, or did dawsons' camp seem a bit more confident/sure of themselves? ward and hunter seemed to be almost making excuses already. the fight is going to be more entertaining than the 24/7....but i did enjoy the behind the scenes for both camps. they're not going to reveal too much...but i enjoy listening to virgil hunter analyze shit. he's one of the best in boxing and doesn't get the credit he deserves. when it's all said and done...he'll be recognized as one of the best i'm sure.

I enjoyed it as well, and yes, it played out exactly how you said it would. What is Ward and Hunter making excuses about? I was just curious about that, to be sure that I didn't miss anything.

Virgil's analogies were wild man! That Uzi and .38 analogy did it for me...made perfect sense too. Hunter kinda freaked me out during his portions...his whole tone and demeanor had "creepy" written all over it...gave me a Hannibal Lecter feel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 27 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Kinda boring and predictable. Two nice guys dont make for good 24/7's in my opinion. Somebody's gotta be an asshole. Heck, both guys are so nice and likeable, if there was ever a fight you wanted to see end in a tie, this is it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 27 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 27 2012, 09:02 AM) *
I enjoyed it as well, and yes, it played out exactly how you said it would. What is Ward and Hunter making excuses about? I was just curious about that, to be sure that I didn't miss anything.

Virgil's analogies were wild man! That Uzi and .38 analogy did it for me...made perfect sense too. Hunter kinda freaked me out during his portions...his whole tone and demeanor had "creepy" written all over it...gave me a Hannibal Lecter feel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the part where virgil was going on about there being no such thing as a smooth camp. i had no idea ward broke his hand before the fight with froch. i get that they were telling that story and it just made me have that much more respect for ward...but it also made me wonder is there something going on in this camp? also wards part about advantages not always being advantages...it just didn't seem like the confident talk i'm used to hearing from him.

virgil is on point. had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and his boxing mind is brilliant. very calculating...plenty of understanding. that uzi and .38 analogy was tight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 28 2012, 02:00 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 27 2012, 01:38 PM) *
the part where virgil was going on about there being no such thing as a smooth camp. i had no idea ward broke his hand before the fight with froch. i get that they were telling that story and it just made me have that much more respect for ward...but it also made me wonder is there something going on in this camp? also wards part about advantages not always being advantages...it just didn't seem like the confident talk i'm used to hearing from him.

virgil is on point. had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and his boxing mind is brilliant. very calculating...plenty of understanding. that uzi and .38 analogy was tight.

The best trainers also always have the best analogies

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 28 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 28 2012, 03:00 AM) *
The best trainers also always have the best analogies

i agree. but after watching the 24/7 a second time and listening to that analogy again....it's as if they conceded the thought that dawson is the superior weapon. could it be mind games? could it be strategic gamesmanship? why make a statement like that when u know ur fighter is listening? why give ur opponent the upperhand like that? maybe i'm reading too much into it? maybe they know exactly what they're doing? these are the things i ponder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 28 2012, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 28 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

what would i give for just a couple of training sessions with either trainer lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 28 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 28 2012, 07:58 PM) *
what would i give for just a couple of training sessions with either trainer lol

very possible if ur willing to go to the kings gym in oakland or to the lions den in connecticutt. well...i'm not sure about virgil but scully is a very accessible guy in the gym i'm told.

even freddie roach will train one on one clients if time permits. i've watched him work with every day common ppl.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 28 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

sure just gotta get a plane over and somewhere to stay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:15 AM