> ppv numbers, crickets...
klonopinz
post May 31 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #141

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 31 2014, 05:33 PM) *
Whatever Mayweather does Pacquiao does better, even coming out if proverty and being a black male, he does that better too.

smh. go back to bed please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 31 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #142

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 31 2014, 03:59 PM) *
dont forget 24/7, i think that has been the key media in his success. it started with de la hoya, the very first 24/7 show, and that broke records. so much that they copied it for pacquiao and thats what has given pacquiuao a name as well. tv is powerful, all of america sits on their asses and watches, me included. i agre with everything you said, and im nto saying the mexican thing is the sole booster, im just saying its one out of many. dont forget white folks, they are on both sides of the equation too, buying to see him win and lose as respectively. the hip-hop crowd is def another booster, and the hip hop aspect is not just black, but basically the entire YOUNG generation of the world. thats what elected obama, young generation, and that is also a big booster for floyd mayweather. and mexicans lol

Yes I agree that there are many factors. 24/7 did wonders for him. A show he created! Under Arum that would've never happened, he wanted to push Floyd as the next coming of Ray Leonard. Mayweather disagreed. If you look at the history of Arum, he has a knack for that. He builds them off of a previous fighter....we're seeing it still with how he builds Manny off a certain active fighter lmao

But it's no coincidence that when he left and marketed and branded himself the way he wanted to, which is the young, hip-hop audience he became a star. All backgrounds and demos are at play in boxing but I think some get overblown and others pushed to the back....also his social media presence is on another level
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:02 PM