IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ANOTHER title got changed, Because I can fucking do it!
Byrd Man
post Oct 25 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

Look, I don't understand what's going on and perhaps there's a perfectly rational explanation. It's not my site so I don't expect to have any say on how things go down here, but it makes no fucking sense for threads to just get deleted. Close them if they get out of hand or something, but what's the deal here?

The Monte Barrett thread from a few weeks ago got deleted and the only response was from Hype saying "did I ever tell you that he owes me money?"

And now another one is gone too. Someone posted about Justin's site that was supposedly closing down due to copyright stuff.

What's the point of just deleting shit without at least pointing out why? Is there rules set up that you can't talk about anyone that Leon represents or having to do with a site like Justin's?

I mean ...fuck, man...just close the thread, and then at least people would see "oh okay, that thread apparantly isn't to be talked about" or SOMETHING.

As I said I'm not telling you (Hype or Jack or whoever) how to run your site. Just saying it's gotta be pissing others off here too when they come to respond to a thread, or see if there were any responses to a post they made and there's no trace to the thread at all.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Oct 25 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #2

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 25 2009, 01:13 AM) *
Look, I don't understand what's going on and perhaps there's a perfectly rational explanation. It's not my site so I don't expect to have any say on how things go down here, but it makes no fucking sense for threads to just get deleted. Close them if they get out of hand or something, but what's the deal here?

The Monte Barrett thread from a few weeks ago got deleted and the only response was from Hype saying "did I ever tell you that he owes me money?"

And now another one is gone too. Someone posted about Justin's site that was supposedly closing down due to copyright stuff.

What's the point of just deleting shit without at least pointing out why? Is there rules set up that you can't talk about anyone that Leon represents or having to do with a site like Justin's?

I mean ...fuck, man...just close the thread, and then at least people would see "oh okay, that thread apparantly isn't to be talked about" or SOMETHING.

As I said I'm not telling you (Hype or Jack or whoever) how to run your site. Just saying it's gotta be pissing others off here too when they come to respond to a thread, or see if there were any responses to a post they made and there's no trace to the thread at all.

oh shit, the great deleted thread conspiracy continues. get 'em byrd man, don't let those bitches get away with this bullshit.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Oct 25 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #3

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

Yeah! I noticed that, too. They should have just closed the threads. Put whether they're not up to FH standards, or whatever. Or move them.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Oct 25 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #4

Welterweight

QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Oct 24 2009, 10:17 PM) *
oh shit, the great deleted thread conspiracy continues. get 'em byrd man, don't let those bitches get away with this bullshit.

I appreciate the sarcasm but it ain't even about all that. lol

Just saying....it makes no sense to just delete shit without letting people know why. I mean if it violates a rule or something, wouldn't you want people to know so they don't make MORE threads like that?

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 25 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #5

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 25 2009, 01:13 AM) *
As I said I'm not telling you (Hype or Jack or whoever) how to run your site.

You're not? You could have fooled me.

It's in the Archive section genius:

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...view=getnewpost

Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own blog than a couple of threads that get deleted. I mean, if a thread is deleted, how is that exactly affecting you?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I mean, if you need an official reason, how about I'm the one who pays the bills around here, so I delete whatever the fuck I want. Is that okay with you?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

I swear I've never heard someone cry so much over absolutley nothing.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 25 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2009, 12:33 AM) *

Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own blog than a couple of threads that get deleted. I mean, if a thread is deleted, how is that exactly affecting you?

I mean, if you need an official reason, how about I'm the one who pays the bills around here, so I delete whatever the fuck I want. Is that okay with you?

sounds like nuff said hype... lol...

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 25 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #7

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Yep...guess what...I fuckin' moved the thread too.

Why?

Well 1) because I wanted to and 2) because we ain't gonna be doing no talking about boxing in here!

Is that okay with you Mr. Officer?

Get the fuck outta here with all this crying about 1, 2, 3 or 4 posts that got deleted. I don't owe you any explanation as to what I do to a website that I built, I maintain and I pay for on my own. If I wake up tomorrow morning and decide I want to shut down FightHype, for whatever reason, I think I have a right to do so without owing you any explanation.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Oct 25 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2009, 10:33 PM) *
You're not? You could have fooled me.

You're allowed to do whatever you want, and that's fine. Just saying it might be nice if you could let some of the people on here know. I'm not the only one that wondered what happened to several threads, whether you want to make it like it's just all me "crying" about it.

I wasn't crying over shit. I merely pointed out that threads were getting deleted for no reason, it appears.

Now at least we know. You pay the bills, so you can just go in and delete anything you well feel like. And hey....nothing wrong with that, as long as you're upfront about it I guess.

As I said, your site, your rules. Just saying people wondered about threads and there was basically a "gee, I don't know WHAT happened to those threads" type of reaction.

But whatever man....have fun deleting threads. Might as well delete this one too.

Edit: and I realize now that it's in the archive section. Not sure what point that made, but it doesn't require one I suppose. Woulda been nice to have a redirect but whatever.

This post has been edited by Byrd Man: Oct 25 2009, 01:00 AM

+Quote Post
caneman
post Oct 25 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 25 2009, 01:59 AM) *
You're allowed to do whatever you want, and that's fine. Just saying it might be nice if you could let some of the people on here know. I'm not the only one that wondered what happened to several threads, whether you want to make it like it's just all me "crying" about it.

I wasn't crying over shit. I merely pointed out that threads were getting deleted for no reason, it appears.

Now at least we know. You pay the bills, so you can just go in and delete anything you well feel like. And hey....nothing wrong with that, as long as you're upfront about it I guess.

As I said, your site, your rules. Just saying people wondered about threads and there was basically a "gee, I don't know WHAT happened to those threads" type of reaction.

But whatever man....have fun deleting threads. Might as well delete this one too.

Edit: and I realize now that it's in the archive section. Not sure what point that made, but it doesn't require one I suppose. Woulda been nice to have a redirect but whatever.

Did you miss this part or what????????? >>>>> Get the fuck outta here with all this crying about 1, 2, 3 or 4 posts that got deleted. I don't owe you any explanation as to what I do to a website that I built, I maintain and I pay for on my own. If I wake up tomorrow morning and decide I want to shut down FightHype, for whatever reason, I think I have a right to do so without owing you any explanation.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Oct 25 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 25 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Did you miss this part or what????????? >>>>> Get the fuck outta here with all this crying about 1, 2, 3 or 4 posts that got deleted. I don't owe you any explanation as to what I do to a website that I built, I maintain and I pay for on my own. If I wake up tomorrow morning and decide I want to shut down FightHype, for whatever reason, I think I have a right to do so without owing you any explanation.

did you somehow see the part where I wrote "you owe me an explanation"?

Because I know I didn't say that.

Never said he OWED anyone an explanation. Simply said that it's general courtesy that if you're going to delete threads, at least give a heads up for why. The reason being, if it's violating a rule or something, it'd be easier to make sure that doesn't happen again if you let the people know "hey...this isn't allowed." or "don't talk about this subject, please".

That's all. It was never on some "you owe me" shit. And it wasn't just me, despite Hype wanting to make it all about me and how nobody else agreed with what I was saying.

It's not THAT big a deal anyway. I mean, by my questioning that, I had the title changed, the thread moved (which was fine, no problem), my sig deleted, my user title changed to "thread police" and kicked out of "team fighthype".

Sounds to me like I'm not the emotional one here. But hey...whatever works. It's much easier to attack me than accept that what I said might have some truth. Whether how I went about it was the right way or not.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:39 AM