IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can You Image If Pacquiao Had Beaten Bradley?
Jovi2016
post Dec 29 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #31

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,036

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2013, 03:35 PM) *
Juan usually gets hit a lot in most of all his fights. I have yet to see Juan not take punishment in his fights. It is how he fights and that is what he likes to do. Please stop acting like Juan was in serious danger. He was getting hit was shots so he could set up that knock out punch.He doesn't want to fight Pac because both fighters agreed that the 4th fight would be the last. It just so happens that Manny needs a dance partner that can make him 8 million dollars and fighting Bradley ain't going to give him that. The 4th fight was the last, not because Juan does not want to take punishment it because he did something both men were not able to do, win decisively. Juan won decisively. This Pac being superman up until the 6th round is tiring and discrediting Juan, its bullshit.

No, they started receiving payments. Big difference. How do I know? They would of said in a statement that all issues have been resolved. IRS are getting their money. He still has the BIR issue.

I seriously doubt he likes to end every fight he has with a broken face and stay in glasses for the next hours of press conferences. i understand its his style, he style relies on Technique and Heart at the perfect balance; but if he could (which obviously isnt easy) he would do it. Now please dont misinterpret me, Juan deserves all the credit for the win, though gruesome it was awesome, but you have to realize that punishment like that takes a toll on the body and Marquez is not a young dude. We have old dudes boxing like Mayweather and Hopkins, but their styles are different in the aspect that try to avoid punishment which is why its easier to predict that they could box longer than after their supposed prime.

Pac just switched over to a more cautious style, but is still faster than Marquez and will tag him, but the question is will Marquez be able to get to him again. I think he can if he hasn't lost any steps, but in order for him to get that final win he will most likely have to go through ALOT of punishment again and dig deep for a fight HE MUST win by KO, because if it goes to the cards then hes screwed.

Its like a life or death fight against Pacquiao, I was just saying why not wait for the Pacquiao vs Marquez fight till maybe both of their last fights. Till then I would rather see Pacquio vs Bradley 2, Marquez vs Rios or Ruslan. Because until they both retire that will be a big fight but im not in a rush to see it because i think it would bring out the end of both of them.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 29 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #32

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 29 2013, 01:50 PM) *
I seriously doubt he likes to end every fight he has with a broken face and stay in glasses for the next hours of press conferences. i understand its his style, he style relies on Technique and Heart at the perfect balance; but if he could (which obviously isnt easy) he would do it. Now please dont misinterpret me, Juan deserves all the credit for the win, though gruesome it was awesome, but you have to realize that punishment like that takes a toll on the body and Marquez is not a young dude. We have old dudes boxing like Mayweather and Hopkins, but their styles are different in the aspect that try to avoid punishment which is why its easier to predict that they could box longer than after their supposed prime.

Pac just switched over to a more cautious style, but is still faster than Marquez and will tag him, but the question is will Marquez be able to get to him again. I think he can if he hasn't lost any steps, but in order for him to get that final win he will most likely have to go through ALOT of punishment again and dig deep for a fight HE MUST win by KO, because if it goes to the cards then hes screwed.

Its like a life or death fight against Pacquiao, I was just saying why not wait for the Pacquiao vs Marquez fight till maybe both of their last fights. Till then I would rather see Pacquio vs Bradley 2, Marquez vs Rios or Ruslan. Because until they both retire that will be a big fight but im not in a rush to see it because i think it would bring out the end of both of them.

In all 4 fights except the last one were all close. All of them. both men came out injured, I am sure Pac doesn't like getting hit either. Pac has been in some wars as well. Again, both men took punishment and if they continue to box they will continue to take punishment. Its the hurt game. whoever either men fight they will get tagged. Pac I know this is hard to fathom, isn't the only fighter who hits hard.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 29 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 29 2013, 10:50 PM) *
In all 4 fights except the last one were all close. All of them. both men came out injured, I am sure Pac doesn't like getting hit either. Pac has been in some wars as well. Again, both men took punishment and if they continue to box they will continue to take punishment. Its the hurt game. whoever either men fight they will get tagged. Pac I know this is hard to fathom, isn't the only fighter who hits hard.

how dare you sir, if Pac was in Durans era he would of been named hands of titanium...haha

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 30 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 29 2013, 05:59 PM) *
how dare you sir, if Pac was in Durans era he would of been named hands of titanium...haha

I don't think so, IMHO he doesn't hit as hard as they make him out to do. He's only really had the one punch KO's of Hatton and the bum David Diaz but since then he hasn't put anyone out with one shot, he has decent overall power but not the type of one hitter quitter power of a guy like Thomas Hearns or Julian Jackson.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 30 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 30 2013, 06:30 PM) *
I don't think so, IMHO he doesn't hit as hard as they make him out to do. He's only really had the one punch KO's of Hatton and the bum David Diaz but since then he hasn't put anyone out with one shot, he has decent overall power but not the type of one hitter quitter power of a guy like Thomas Hearns or Julian Jackson.

What's wrong with David Diaz?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 30 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 31 2013, 12:30 AM) *

I was being pretty sarcastic, Manny never had immense KO power at this weight, he wears guys down.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 30 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #37

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 30 2013, 06:47 PM) *
What's wrong with David Diaz?

Nothing other than him being like 3rd tier at the time that Manny fought him. Btw, where is he now??

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 30 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 30 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Nothing other than him being like 3rd tier at the time that Manny fought him. Btw, where is he now??

I always liked him, he was a worker. If some of these fighters had his work ethic then they'd be in beast mode. That's why sometimes we'll see a hard working athlete beat one who is more talented.

He has his own radio show in which he talks all things boxing. I know that for a fact but David Estrada, don't know if your familiar with him, told me he was looking into training fighters. That was a while back. I haven't spoken to Estrada since last summer

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 31 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #39

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 30 2013, 04:30 PM) *

He was being sarcastic. People who have fought Pac have said he doesn't hit that hard. Look at Tim's face after their fight. not a scratch on him. Not one. Bradley said he didn't hit that hard. Hatton walked into that punch perfectly and as far as Diaz goes, well, he was already one foot out of his boxing career.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 30 2013, 07:36 PM) *
I always liked him, he was a worker. If some of these fighters had his work ethic then they'd be in beast mode. That's why sometimes we'll see a hard working athlete beat one who is more talented.

He has his own radio show in which he talks all things boxing. I know that for a fact but David Estrada, don't know if your familiar with him, told me he was looking into training fighters. That was a while back. I haven't spoken to Estrada since last summer

What did you do to piss him off Chi?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 31 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #40

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 31 2013, 08:01 AM) *
He was being sarcastic. People who have fought Pac have said he doesn't hit that hard. Look at Tim's face after their fight. not a scratch on him. Not one. Bradley said he didn't hit that hard. Hatton walked into that punch perfectly and as far as Diaz goes, well, he was already one foot out of his boxing career.

What did you do to piss him off Chi?

He heard that you were raising my kids with your girl, the f*ck you mean what I do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Estrada only box part time, he wants to be a cop. If I want to get in touch with him, I just call a mutual friend. He works a full time job, but he occasionally wants to come back to boxing. I don't think his heart is in it. He don't like the politics of the sport. Truth be told it's a lot of good fighters in Chicago, actually the whole state but promoters don't come here and a lot of them end up getting with shady characters and used up

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:23 PM