> Fighters on FH forum
mitukczuk
post Feb 9 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Hey what's up guys.

When I was driving home from the gym I was wondering, why there are no fighters posting here on Hype's forum. Fighthype has a great name in the boxing industry and it just boggles my mind there are no fighters here. I am not talking about Floyd, Manny etc, but about some more under the radar guys. Up and coming dudes, or those waiting to get their title shot and limelight.
It would be really interesting to actually talk to real fighters about their fights, dissecting them, "helping" them from a fan and viewer standpoint. Those more educated from us could even pop some advice.

What do you think causes it? Ego? Fear? Lack of time? Lack of interest?

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 9 2013, 09:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 9 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 9 2013, 09:10 AM) *
Hey what's up guys.

When I was driving home from the gym I was wondering, why there are no fighters posting here on Hype's forum. Fighthype has a great name in the boxing industry and it just boggles my mind there are no fighters here. I am not talking about Floyd, Manny etc, but about some more under the radar guys. Up and coming dudes, or those waiting to get their title shot and limelight.
It would be really interesting to actually talk to real fighters about their fights, dissecting them, "helping" them from a fan and viewer standpoint. Those more educated from us could even pop some advice.

What do you think causes it? Ego? Fear? Lack of time? Lack of interest?

Anyone's guess. Maybe fear of getting flack from certain promoters and also possibly lack of interest.

I do think they visit some of the forums to read the comments. Knowing some of the dumb, clueless shit that fans say, I don't blame boxers for staying far, far away.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 11 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good question Mit.

Me thinks that fighters don't really have the time to visit and contribute to forums. I've seen it done time and time again, they'll pop up, guys will ask questions, and you may not get an answer for days or weeks at a time.

Not only that, but almost all of fighters nowadays, are contractually bound, so they cant truly speak on their next move or opponent, so again, there's no point there. Forums are somewhat taking a back seat to social networks like Twitter, which is leading with Facebook right behind it.

I think it's a good idea for up and coming fighters to find a worthy message board and visit from time to time, but again, forums are a slower forum of communication nowadays. If you've ever called (or listened in) the FightHype radio show and heard trainers and fighters on the line, guys usually freeze up when given the chance to talk to them.

Of course the internet is different, guys can ask whatever they want, depending on the amount of courage that they can muster up behind a keyboard. Still, that goes back to my initial point about receiving a timely answer.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 12 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

there are some at other forums...and it never turns out the way they expect. always some ass hole who has to disrespect and talk shit. i remember nate campbell being on a few forums and ppl shit on him. totally out of line. if i was an up and coming fighter...i'd stay as far away from the boards as possible. never leads to anything good.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 12 2013, 02:47 PM) *
there are some at other forums...and it never turns out the way they expect. always some ass hole who has to disrespect and talk shit. i remember nate campbell being on a few forums and ppl shit on him. totally out of line. if i was an up and coming fighter...i'd stay as far away from the boards as possible. never leads to anything good.

True indeed.

I've seen a forum on Jeff Mayweather's site, and guys like Jessie Vargas dropped in an answered a few questions. The responses were so spread out, to the point that it made no sense after a while.

There is always some brave retard behind the keyboard, that seems to ruin it for everybody. I agree though, fighters need to stay away from forums. If guys created numerous photoshop pics of Manny face down on the canvas, then nobody's safe. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2013, 10:22 AM) *
True indeed.

I've seen a forum on Jeff Mayweather's site, and guys like Jessie Vargas dropped in an answered a few questions. The responses were so spread out, to the point that it made no sense after a while.

There is always some brave retard behind the keyboard, that seems to ruin it for everybody. I agree though, fighters need to stay away from forums. If guys created numerous photoshop pics of Manny face down on the canvas, then nobody's safe. Lol

exactly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:59 PM