Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Vs. Trout?
Musashi100
post Feb 11 2013, 08:10 AM
Post #21

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,711

i want trout vs canelo. no fucking way canelo is avoiding that ass whooping. that fight needs to happen, it just needs to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 11 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Feb 11 2013, 08:10 AM) *
i want trout vs canelo. no fucking way canelo is avoiding that ass whooping. that fight needs to happen, it just needs to.

Off topic.... But where did you get that Kenpachi Gif?

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Feb 11 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #23

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 11 2013, 12:38 PM) *
Off topic.... But where did you get that Kenpachi Gif?

i don't remember, i guess i google kenpachi gif.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 11 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Feb 11 2013, 07:10 AM) *

Well said, I too believe that if GB puts Canelo in against Trout, he will be beaten and rather decisively

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 12 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Canelo is ducking Trout and mayweather is running from both of them. Selective matchmaking is taking place. Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 12 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 12 2013, 12:54 AM) *
Canelo is ducking Trout and mayweather is running from both of them. Selective matchmaking is taking place. Stay tuned...

Is it really running if you shouldn't be fighting them anyway. I mean damn. There are weight classes for a reason. Floyd fought Cotto and looked smaller than him. Cotto fought Trout and looked like a midget.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 12 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 12 2013, 12:54 AM) *

Can you quantify this ridiculous remark with facts?? Have they all set down to start negotiations about who to fight and when? Did Floyd sign a contract with either of them and then failed to show up in the ring?? Do you have any credible/viable source that you can use to show us that Floyd is running from either man??

Please bless us with your secret insight, please.........we're waiting.......

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 13 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 12 2013, 05:10 PM) *
Can you quantify this ridiculous remark with facts?? Have they all set down to start negotiations about who to fight and when? Did Floyd sign a contract with either of them and then failed to show up in the ring?? Do you have any credible/viable source that you can use to show us that Floyd is running from either man??

Please bless us with your secret insight, please.........we're waiting.......

Sure I can... Are any of these signed for May 4th? Is it so ridiculous to post my OPINION on an OPINION board. I'm not the media, I dont need sources other than my own observations. Arent these guys the 154lb Champs? Understood that Mayweather is also sitting on a 147lb belt, that Guerrero is a contender to. No fight there either. Who would you rather see these guys fight. Or are you just one of those who allow Mayweather to weasel out of tough assignments all while praising his talent?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 13 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 13 2013, 12:46 AM) *
Sure I can... Are any of these signed for May 4th? Is it so ridiculous to post my OPINION on an OPINION board. I'm not the media, I dont need sources other than my own observations. Arent these guys the 154lb Champs? Understood that Mayweather is also sitting on a 147lb belt, that Guerrero is a contender to. No fight there either. Who would you rather see these guys fight. Or are you just one of those who allow Mayweather to weasel out of tough assignments all while praising his talent?

Ok, first let's clear up what Ducking really means: Ducking is when two opponents have signed the contracts and the other doesn't show for the fight!! Regardless of what everyone says, that is true definition. Second, I never said you were the media and yes you have your opinion but remember that Opinions are just like elbows, everybody have em.

Now to address your last remark and go backwards from there then allow me to say this; I haven't seen Floyd weasel out of any assignment but no matter what he has the best talent and I will continue to praise that part of his game and if, or when he decides to weasel out of an assignment then as much as I like his skills you can best believe that he will get rode harder by me than by anyone else.

To address your Guerrero concern then let's just say that while Robert is making a name for himself he hasn't really done much to impress me ahead of those that Alexander has beaten or faced at WW, when you compare the records of the two in that class then there is no way in the world anyone should say that Guerrero warrants a shot at Floyd ahead of him, not to mention that Devon has a belt/title and Guerrero has nothing to offer and he's pricing himself out of the fight to boot.

If you know more than that of what I know of these two and the fight offers to warrant Guerrero being ahead of Alexander (other than popularity and fighting styles) then please share that with us.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Feb 13 2013, 10:31 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 13 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 13 2013, 10:31 AM) *
Ok, first let's clear up what Ducking really means: Ducking is when two opponents have signed the contracts and the other doesn't show for the fight!! Regardless of what everyone says, that is true definition. Second, I never said you were the media and yes you have your opinion but remember that Opinions are just like elbows, everybody have em.

This is about as piss poor a definition as I've ever heard. I dont think anyone on this board will agree whole heartedly with you. I guess that why you made the disclaimer, "regardless of what everyopne else says." I'm guessing that after you read your piss poor definition which is an opiniion in case you didnt notice, you had to qualify it that no one will agree with you, but you know more than the rest of us, so your word is law here. Well my definition of ducking is that there is a consensus by many in the media, the fans and sanctioning organizations as to who a fighter shouild fight next. If a fighter refuses to go into that matchup and fights and takes a much easier fight, then regardless of what YOU say, I call it a duck.

Now to address your last remark and go backwards from there then allow me to say this; I haven't seen Floyd weasel out of any assignment but no matter what he has the best talent and I will continue to praise that part of his game and if, or when he decides to weasel out of an assignment then as much as I like his skills you can best believe that he will get rode harder by me than by anyone else.

How did he get out of the WW division a few years ago with Sharmba Mitchel, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. He didnt fight the best guys in that division. It was a division that had guys like Joshua Clottey, Paul Williams, Antonio Margarito and even Kermit Cintron sitting in the top 5. Yeah and I'm sure you and many others will say he would have beaten those guys easily. All he has to do is step back and counter. I think all 4 of the guys I mentioned would beat the breaks off of the guys Mayweather faced. All 4 would have been much more signioficant challenges for Mayweather. The 3 he fought were smallish welterweights. His matchmaking skills are his greates accomplishment and asset. His whole WW campaign has been in line with my definition of ducking. Even now he will likely duck the significant 154 pounders in order to fight The Ghost because thats what he does. Lets be clear there will NEVER be a Canleo/Mayweather fight. There will never be a Trout/Mayweather fight. Mayweather is a 154lb Champ and will never fight those guys. His fans will say, that he doesnt belong at that weight. I say, fuck that, if you have a belt at that weight then you can fight at that weight.

To address your Guerrero concern then let's just say that while Robert is making a name for himself he hasn't really done much to impress me ahead of those that Alexander has beaten or faced at WW, when you compare te records of the two in that class then there is no way in the world anyone should say that Guerrero warrants a shot at Floyd ahead of him, not to mention that Devon has a belt/title and Guerrero has nothing to offer and he's pricing himself out of the fight to boot.

Well I disagree with you. I think beating Andre Berto was more significant than anything Alexander has done lately. I loved the Maidana win for Alexander, but Maidana was fighting above his weight class. It was a solid win. Its Devon's otherrecent wins that I question. I think many on here will agree that Alexander was given gifts against Lucas Matthyse and Alexandriy Kotelnyk. Thats why so many question Mayweather/Alexander. Plus the loss to Bradley. I think people give credit to Guerrero for making the jump from 135 right to 147 and taking on two immediately tough fights. Selcuk Aydin and Andre Berto were both impressive wins. Both of these guys are solid Welterweights. Alexander's wins at WW are Maidana who was coming up from 140 and Randall (I iz exacly 100 years old) Bailey. Beating Maidana would have been much more impressive at 140 and the Bailey fight was a stinker. If you honestly believe that Alexander is the better opponent, then cool. I think most of us fans on this board were up in arms about hearing that Mayweather was going to choose Alexander. Guerrero has him by the balls to some degree because it does appear that Mayweather does care somewhat about people's perceptions of him. I think The Ghost will get very close to his 4 million dollar payday.

If you know more than that of what I know of these two and the fight offers to warrant Guerrero being ahead of Alexander (other than popularity and fighting styles) then please share that with us.

I think its safe to say tht our perceptions are not the same. If he fights Alexander then we can say that he ran from Alverez, Trout and Guerrero who were all more deserving of the fight. Also lets not be fooled. Alverez is a fool for attacthing himself to Mayweather's undercard. I think his fan base is larger than Mayweathers. Whether its Guerrero or Alexander, Mayweather wont out do Alverez/Trout. People understimate that Mexican and Tejano fan base. This is the reason Mayweather wants Alverez on the undercard. He can fight on the undercard, but he cant fight ME. Alverez better wake up.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:14 PM