IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Salido vs. Lopez II-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, Topics Merged
BigFightFan
post Mar 11 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #81

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 11 2012, 04:06 AM) *
I only gave Lopez three rounds. Very good fight. A little too arm weary for both to be great, However, it was great the way Lopez kept coming and Solido too! I think I would have it a point or two closer than Giampa had it.

Jack

3 rounds? I only gave him 1 round, the one where he got the knock down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 11 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #82

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Rounds 8 & 9 were NOT for kids!!!! Dayum. All I could think of is, while I'm loving this toe to toe action, these two are gonna be droolin' on themselves, in the not-so-distant future. #TeamBrainDamage

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 11 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #83

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Three rounds for Lopez 4, 5. and 9.

I actually gave Lopez the 9th round because I thought his come-back had been so courageous going on even terms. But it wasn't like a Ward-Gatti I round 9 where both had power on their shots, both guys exhausted there power and threw a lot of punches that didn't have the kind of snap and impact. It was still a great round. But I have seen more ROTY where fighters have more pop in their punches. These guys showed great heart and balls by looking for the pop in their punches, but they were both very tired after the 9th, which makes Salido's great 10th round KO all the more amazing.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 11 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Rounds 8 & 9 were NOT for kids!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 11 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Three rounds for Lopez 4, 5. and 9.
I actually gave Lopez the 9th round because I thought his come-back had been so courageous going on even terms. But it wasn't like a Ward-Gatti I round 9 where both had power on their shots, both guys exhausted there power and threw a lot of punches that didn't have the kind of snap and impact. It was still a great round. But I have seen more ROTY where fighters have more pop in their punches. These guys showed great heart and balls by looking for the pop in their punches, but they were both very tired after the 9th, which makes Salido's great 10th round KO all the more amazing.

I actually gave the 9th to Salido because Lopez was still taking those SAME punches, and he was even countering lopez while his back was against the ropes. I can also see how you gave it to Lopez because of the come-back effort. 

As we all saw...Lopez go the worst of the 9th, as evidence by his walk back to the corner after the bell rang. I like the effort from both guys in the 9th though...sick stuff!

On a serious tip though, (no racial stereotyping intended), but rounds like the 9th are better suited for MEXCIANS ONLY, when it comes down to these PR vs Mexico wars. I've seen several fights that turn to that pace, and the PR fighter got the short end of the stick (as we saw how Lopez stumbled back to his corner after the 9th).

Point is, Mexicans fight like this ALL the time. Most PR fighters that I see, dish out punishment well and fight with finesse, but tend to break down when it's reciprocated. Not that this isn't the case for most fighters, but Mexican fighters (for the most part) take these punches with pride.

This Mexico vs PR rivalry has see-sawed over the years, but when it comes to taking punishment...its dead obvious whose more willing to take that route in order to see the finish line.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 11 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #85

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2012, 06:58 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I actually gave the 9th to Salido because Lopez was still taking those SAME punches, and he was even countering lopez while his back was against the ropes. I can also see how you gave it to Lopez because of the come-back effort. 

As we all saw...Lopez go the worst of the 9th, as evidence by his walk back to the corner after the bell rang. I like the effort from both guys in the 9th though...sick stuff!

On a serious tip though, (no racial stereotyping intended), but rounds like the 9th are better suited for MEXCIANS ONLY, when it comes down to these PR vs Mexico wars. I've seen several fights that turn to that pace, and the PR fighter got the short end of the stick (as we saw how Lopez stumbled back to his corner after the 9th).

Point is, Mexicans fight like this ALL the time. Most PR fighters that I see, dish out punishment well and fight with finesse, but tend to break down when it's reciprocated. Not that this isn't the case for most fighters, but Mexican fighters (for the most part) take these punches with pride.

This Mexico vs PR rivalry has see-sawed over the years, but when it comes to taking punishment...its dead obvious whose more willing to take that route in order to see the finish line.

I had it 6-3 for Salido. Did count the 5th round as a 10-8 for Lopez, just barely. So Salido ahead 86-84. I could see the first round going to Lopez or being even, but most judges don't like even rounds, so the 85-85 is pushing it The other two cards that had it close but for Lopez, was some home cooking there. I don't want to see a third fight. Salido has his number. However, he's got that journeymen type record, even though he is a damn good fighter, Salido is probably gonna have to KO or TKO guys because judges are not going to give a fighter breaks in close rounds with those losses against him.

Jack

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 11 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #86

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Lopez did not win round 9, he was throwing punches but salido was landing the harder more effective punches. Lopez only got 1 round from me

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 11 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #87

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 11 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Right ..there is a difference in knowing you can dig deep vs being told you are tought. If I'd fought salido twice I'd know where I stood..I'd know he is going the mile, he wil be there in the end, he is wanting to counter etc..that being said i'd make him pay, I'd mix in some boxing, confuse him, drop some speed counters on him to confuse him, movement, punish him.

the corner of JuanMan did a terrible job. He is not an eraser type puncher as Tito at all imo. Box him and finish him late off him getting un discipline.

Yup. He caught Salido with that nice clip on the jaw and with movement and placement, he could've replicated that several times. Oh well, Salido won and proved that on both nights he's been the better man.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 12 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #88

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I gave lopez the first.. but after that it was hard to give him a round other then the kd and it was only cause of the kd. I believe the ringside scorer scored that 10-9 for lopez because he thought salido won the round, how does that work? If he thought salido won wouldnt it be a 9-9 round?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 12 2012, 01:26 AM
Post #89

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 11 2012, 01:09 AM) *
The casual fan in me liked this war. However, the true boxing fan, which I've become more and more of over the last couple of years, was somewhat disappointed. I hate to be negative. I know this was a war and will probably go down as a classic. However, I think I became somewhat exhausted with the spanish warriors for a split second. This fight was a dubious example of what's wrong with fighters today. The reason guys undefeated records are always so vulnerable. Boxers DO NOT display any type of defense anymore. It's terrible. I know defense doesn't really sell tickets but for boxing fans like myself, I like to see skill mixed in with my wars. There was very little skill involved in this fight. I take nothing away from Salido. He's an absolute warrior with "nuts and guts" as Gus Johnson likes to say. Juanma has amazin courage too. However, Salido wasn't doing anything special or tricky. Both guys were just winging punches. Salido's were actually wilder than Juanma's. The difference in the fight came in who could take the better punch and who's stamina was greater. While it's intriguing to see that battle of will take place. I can't continue to get equally excited over it. I've seen this movie before. This WAS NOT Castillo vs Corrales. This was not Pacquiao vs Marquez. They had skill mixed in with their wars. This was a bar fight.

p.s. That crowd was Amazing!

great post and sums up how i feel about it myself.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 12 2012, 08:01 AM
Post #90

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 11 2012, 08:46 PM) *
I had it 6-3 for Salido. Did count the 5th round as a 10-8 for Lopez, just barely. So Salido ahead 86-84. I could see the first round going to Lopez or being even, but most judges don't like even rounds, so the 85-85 is pushing it The other two cards that had it close but for Lopez, was some home cooking there. I don't want to see a third fight. Salido has his number. However, he's got that journeymen type record, even though he is a damn good fighter, Salido is probably gonna have to KO or TKO guys because judges are not going to give a fighter breaks in close rounds with those losses against him.

I dont think judges like even rounds either. They have a hard time scoring easy rounds anyway, hence the terrible score cards in this fight and the Campillo fight. Those home cooked cards were delusional from jump. Seriously, how many times has Juanma gone the distance? And when he has...what usually happens?

He usually pulls that Khan/Maidana shit at the end, and almost completely lose control of the lead that he's built over the course of the fight. So again, when I say those home cooked cards were delusional from jump, they were foolish enough to think that Juanma was gonna go the distance after being hit with those same punches from the first fight.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 12 2012, 01:35 AM) *
I believe the ringside scorer scored that 10-9 for lopez because he thought salido won the round, how does that work? If he thought salido won wouldnt it be a 9-9 round?

I was confused as well, that's why I thank Salido for taking that math problem off of our hands. I lost count on how many brewskies I had, so there's no way in hell I was able to sit down and figure out how to score those last few rounds.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:31 AM