IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trinidad vs De La Hoya at 154..., Rematch...
PR316
post Apr 7 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 7 2010, 09:08 AM) *
Totally agree..Trin got lucky gettin the decision the first time..I had DLH winnin that fight by a couple points(it's been too long to be too accurate)..Either way,had they had a rematch at any weight,DLH would have beaten him even more clearly..

Trinidad also would have been clearly beaten by Winky had he stayed at 54..

Oscar wasn't that good at 154 though, and Tito was if not at his absolute best, closer to his than De La Hoya was to his best.

The same strategy Oscar used at welterweight would not have worked because he no longer had the legs he had at the lower weight to stay away from Trinidad.

He would have been forced to fight, especially when the fight enters in the mid-late rounds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 7 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #12

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 7 2010, 12:39 PM) *
Oscar wasn't that good at 154 though, and Tito was if not at his absolute best, closer to his than De La Hoya was to his best.

The same strategy Oscar used at welterweight would not have worked because he no longer had the legs he had at the lower weight to stay away from Trinidad.

He would have been forced to fight, especially when the fight enters in the mid-late rounds.

DLH was better at lower weighs and 54 was the highest he was able to go and still win(he lost to Sturm and Hopkins)..Tito may of handled higher weights better but DLH was the better boxer..

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 7 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #13

Guests

He looked ok at 154 in the rematch against Mosley and could have got the win. I still take the version of DLH at 154 against Mosley in the rematch over Tito.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 8 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 8 2010, 04:52 AM) *
He looked ok at 154 in the rematch against Mosley and could have got the win. I still take the version of DLH at 154 against Mosley in the rematch over Tito.

What about versions who fought Vargas??...

I think that Trinidad beats any 154 version of Oscar.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:01 PM