IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alexander vs. Maidana: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
ROME
post Feb 26 2012, 02:17 AM
Post #71

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,535

Anyone else notice Alexander's 2 headbutt attempts in the 8th round? It appeared as the though the 2nd one actually connected, as Maidana seemed to complain about it. He even followed it up with a blatant forearm to the throat lol
I suppose he just got really carried away once he felt like he had Maidana hurt and was trying to get him out of there by any means...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Feb 26 2012, 02:41 AM
Post #72

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

So impressed with Broner tonight. He resembles Floyd in a lot of ways, and at super featherweight, seems to have slightly more power, although he's somewhat less accurate with his punches. Regardless, I hope he keeps improving, especially since Ponce De Leon made him look rather out of sorts. Needs to keep developing that defense and adding to his arsenal. The sky appears to be the limit though. I can see him being an elite fighter all the way up to light welterweight.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 26 2012, 03:09 AM
Post #73

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Great wins for Broner and Alexander. Beautiful dominating performance. I had it 8-2 for Devon. Great judges! See, you don't need open scoring shit, WBC, you need and appoint the best judges for important fights.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 26 2012, 04:07 AM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 26 2012, 04:09 AM) *
Great wins for Broner and Alexander. Beautiful dominating performance. I had it 8-2 for Devon. Great judges! See, you don't need open scoring shit, WBC, you need and appoint the best judges for important fights.

Jack

Haha wasn't much to score tonight but i agree with you about appointing the best judges

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 26 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #75

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 25 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Remember that Maidana being overrated thread?

Yup, I remember it; I started it. And my call on that sounds about right considering the guy got shut out or at best one 1 round against Alexander, a guy many thought would get broken down.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 26 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Broner looked huge for 130. Robert Guerrero is just 5 pounds north of Broner. make it happen!! Guerrero wants a fight against a known guy. Broner needs to step up. Why not match the two of them? I think it makes for a good fight. Broner looked like a big kid fighting a little kid for his candy last night. Wasnt a good fight and wasnt a good matchup. I Can most certainly see the comparisons between a young Mayweather and Broner. Very similar guys in terms of style and demeanor.

The other fight or should I say wrestling match was exciting in very limited spurts. Alexander needs to learn to jab and double up with the right instead of clinch. It was a very good victory for Alexander. He seems much better suited for 147. He's going to be a smallish guy at the weight, but he'll be tough. At 140, he seemed to lose energy down the stretch. Hence the 10 rounders they've had him in lately. That told me that there was a concern. His next match will be 12 rounds for sure. Maidana may be better suited for 140. He looked flabby and disinterested. He lost all confidence after the 1st or 2nd clinch in the fight. Smoger did a lousy job of controlling the clinches. I'm sure that will be addressed by whoever Devon Alexander fights next.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 26 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #77

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Broner looked great against decent opposition. Solid defense and controlled aggression on offense. His trash talkin is becoming annoying. Not because I hate trash talking (I actually like it. It's exciting when a guy can talk junk and back it up). Broner's just seemed incredibly scripted though. It was really corny in my opinion. He clearly seems to try to bite Mayweather. Guys Floyd, Roy, Ali etc, the trash seemed to roll off their tongue. It was like he was thinking of his lines when Max was interviewing him. N that rap entrance was lame (except for the Spanish guy tryna hit him like this was WWE lol). I know this has nothing to do with the fight but really, Eloy was overwhelmed. We all saw that. Also, that lil merengue he did with Perez in the ring was hilarious

Alexander wasn't as impressive to me as other ppl thought he was. I give him tons of credit. I thought Maidana was going to win. Alexander fought a solid fight. His footwork, stepping around after his punch, was brilliant. However, I thought Maidana's uncharacteristically dull effort made him look more dominant than he was. The thing that turned me off from Alexander to begin with is exactly what Kevin Cunningham was yelling at him all night. He's WAY too wound up when he fights. It's like his nerves take over when he starts getting pressured. If you noticed, he came out and wasn't grunting (annoying). then Maidana had a decent second round n out came the grunt. Not taking away from his performance, but he's incredibly too jittery. When Cunningham kept saying, this is easy...just relax, I got exactly what he was saying.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Feb 26 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #78

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Broner is a funny cat. His dad looks like a giant green M&M. Eloy had a good story I wish him the best, he was outclassed. Broner needs to move up in weight. I can see him being a Jr Welter Weight in a few years. I find him more comical than the villian roll. I know he wants to be like Mayweather but he does not play the bad guy well. His personality does not project it. The hands on the throat during the weigh ins... Be original Broner, we already have one Mayweather. I think this kid has a nice future, I would like to see him tighten up on his defense but other than that, he can be a good one.

Alexander looked good at 147. I am very happy he bounced back, he is hard worker and a good guy. I can not get the image out of my head with him being the boxer from Harlem Nights. Maidana had a clear off night. He did not seem like his usual self. I really would like Ortiz to fight him again, after Berto of course.

Roy Jones please retire, your speech is starting to drawl.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #79

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Okay guys...I gave Alexander an extremely hard time last night, which was somewhat unnecessary. Overall, he performed great, and as it was mentioned on HBO, he dominated Maidana like no one else has.

My only concern is, how he fairs against these other guys at WW. I see him having a field day with Khan, and a better fight with Bradley, since he did nothing more than stare at him most of the fight.

Maidana has a rather unique case, based on the outcome of Saturday night. He has 3 big rematches with Khan, Ortiz, and Morales. He even has Guerrero and Matthysse to give him good fights at 140.

I could see a potential Alexander/Peterson match at 147, being the fact that Lamont could possibly move up to WW after the Khan rematch. Point is, Devon has several options, but Im hoping that he brings that same fire that showed this weekend, in the ring with him against better opposition whose fight plan isn't limited to just hoping to stalk you and deliver a nightmare of an ass-kicking.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 27 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think a guy like ortiz would put a hurting on Alexander. I wouldn't wish Alexander vs Khan on my worst enemy, two guys grunting slap punching and running and clinching as soon as they feel a fly land on em lol.

A match that would be interesting to me would be berto vs Alexander

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:52 PM