IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Problem vs. The Magic Man, Serious?
neophyte7
post Mar 16 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #61

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Stop it, Detroit needs to get rid of everyone not named Calvin Johnson.All they got is him and the red wings, Brandon Knight got crucified by Deandre Jordan

He is not injury prone, Kyrie Irving is injury prone. It's a difference

Let's not talk about dumb either when people from your city robbed a tuskegee airmen. A 88yr old man..but I hear that's a common thing in Detroit. Don't get treated on this website lol. I bet Vernon Paris bum ass did it

CHI-- I USED TO LIVE IN YOUR TOWN--- IT IS A HOP SKIP AND A JUMP FROM THE D-- THEY STILL TALKING ABOUT BRINGING IN THE NATIONAL GUARD??? WHEN I WAS THERE THE MILITARY WAS ROLLING THROUGH THE HOOD with military jeeps.. Illinois got the worse rating OF ANY STATE IN THE USA by S&P RELATIVE TO CREDIT AND DEBT-- LMAO.. Chicago can barely afford its Pensions lmao-- Yeah Detroit is fucked up- horrible which is why I vacated almost 20 years ago and headed to NYC---Chicago is fucked up just like Detroit is... LMAO and RELATIVE TO BOXING DETROIT HAS GIVEN MUCH MORE TO THE SPORT THAN CHITOWN FOR SURE

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 16 2013, 07:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 16 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #62

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 16 2013, 04:16 PM) *
CHI-- I USED TO LIVE IN YOUR TOWN--- IT IS A HOP SKIP AND A JUMP FROM THE D-- THEY STILL TALKING ABOUT BRINGING IN THE NATIONAL GUARD??? WHEN I WAS THERE THE MILITARY WAS ROLLING THROUGH THE HOOD with military jeeps.. Illinois got the worse rating OF ANY STATE IN THE USA by S&P RELATIVE TO CREDIT AND DEBT-- LMAO.. Chicago can barely afford its Pensions lmao-- Yeah Detroit is fucked up- horrible which is why I vacated almost 20 years ago and headed to NYC---Chicago is fucked up just like Detroit is... LMAO and RELATIVE TO BOXING DETROIT HAS GIVEN MUCH MORE TO THE SPORT THAN CHITOWN FOR SURE

Shots have been fired.

The reason why the midwest especially predominately black areas are in the state they are in is because the outsourcing of jobs and the defunding of the city. You can only strip people until there is nothing left to strip. Back in Detroit's and Chicago's hey day, they were great cities to live in. But the moment white people started moving out and jobs started leaving the city then that is when the shit hit the fan. When the state of Michigan took over all of Michigan's black cities the problems only increased. Selling off assets that the city relied on, closing down schools and laying off state workers of course the city will end up being high crime because there are no jobs and people are not going to starve. It is not the people's fault or the city's fault that they are being played in a political game. The city of Detroit as well as Chicago will rise again, but the people need to stop turning on each other and relate their energies to where the true problem is...

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 16 2013, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 16 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #63

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 16 2013, 06:16 PM) *

I aint never heard that. Talking about it true, but doing it is different....They sure have in boxing terms, but don't act like yall pussies and got glass jaws. Detroit got alot of fighters because up here it's a basketball state, who yall got , Jalen Rose dumb ass? LOL. You said all that and truth be told nobody would loive in Detroit before Chicago, the shit you talking is on ONE side of town. Detroit barely got anything going for them. I should go to Detroit and start a program and give them people a real chance at life because they aint cuttin it lmao...How the fuck you rob a Tuskegee airmen? That's cold!! The only thing we even on is both places is corrupt, well that aint true Chicago politics is the most corrupt out of any place

We can go back and forth but overall I shit on Detroit any chance I get. You just provided me with another opportunity. And even though IL has pensions problems our economy is better then Detroit's!!! Yall praying for cars land unions and Chicago is a tech hub now. But in terms of overall sports, we shit on yall and you know it. Both cities are fucked up, this aint a contest on whose resides in the more effed up place because that would be stupid lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 16 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #64

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 16 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Shots have been fired.

The reason why the midwest especially predominately black areas are in the state they are in is because the outsourcing of jobs and the defunding of the city. You can only strip people until there is nothing left to strip. Back in Detroit's and Chicago's hey day, they were great cities to live in. But the moment white people started moving out and jobs started leaving the city then that is when the shit hit the fan. When the state of Michigan took over all of Michigan's black cities the problems only increased. Selling off assets that the city relied on, closing down schools and laying off state workers of course the city will end up being high crime because there are no jobs and people are not going to starve. It is not the people's fault or the city's fault that they are being played in a political game. The city of Detroit as well as Chicago will rise again, but the people need to stop turning on each other and relate their energies to where the true problem is...

I think Chicago too segregated. I stayed on 87th st growing up and I thought that's all the world was until my mom moved us out to Beverly which is a good neighborhood. I started experiencing and seeing different things and it changed my mind set. These people who roam the streets today got they mind warped. I be hearing em talk shit like if you aint bustin your gun you aint real or you not hood if you aint been to jail. the real problem aint Chi or the D. It's the lack of parenting and guidance. They listening to these lying ass rappers tell them that street shit is cool and them dudes aint never did that stuff a day in they life

I thought being real was being true to self but I guess I was wrong. Chicago will change and the D will get better too. I try to do my part by helping ex-offenders re enter society. My marketing co promotes a magazine that is dedicated to giving inmates a platform to have a voice because many of them don't. We help with half way housing, jobs, etc. Another guy who I went to college with, he throws concerts with artists in high crime areas and puts the money into the community or programs to help the kids. I currently train 4 amateur fighters and I helped them get jobs, I got 3 of the 4 in school, and we train around their schedule. I participated in a rally that was on 55th by the U of Chicago recently because they don't have trauma centers in black neighborhoods and 18 people got arrested but it got no press

In Detroit and Chicago they publicize the stuff that's sensational to them and grabs headlines, they rarely if ever show the good that's going down

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 16 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #65

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 16 2013, 06:16 PM) *

You in NY now. What neighborhood you in? I told my girl I wanted to move to Brooklyn and she just shut me the hell down. Only place I don't like in NY is the Bronx, no way in hel you gon get me to move there. They bout that life for real

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 16 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #66

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 16 2013, 06:58 PM) *
I think Chicago too segregated. I stayed on 87th st growing up and I thought that's all the world was until my mom moved us out to Beverly which is a good neighborhood. I started experiencing and seeing different things and it changed my mind set. These people who roam the streets today got they mind warped. I be hearing em talk shit like if you aint bustin your gun you aint real or you not hood if you aint been to jail. the real problem aint Chi or the D. It's the lack of parenting and guidance. They listening to these lying ass rappers tell them that street shit is cool and them dudes aint never did that stuff a day in they life

I thought being real was being true to self but I guess I was wrong. Chicago will change and the D will get better too. I try to do my part by helping ex-offenders re enter society. My marketing co promotes a magazine that is dedicated to giving inmates a platform to have a voice because many of them don't. We help with half way housing, jobs, etc. Another guy who I went to college with, he throws concerts with artists in high crime areas and puts the money into the community or programs to help the kids. I currently train 4 amateur fighters and I helped them get jobs, I got 3 of the 4 in school, and we train around their schedule. I participated in a rally that was on 55th by the U of Chicago recently because they don't have trauma centers in black neighborhoods and 18 people got arrested but it got no press

In Detroit and Chicago they publicize the stuff that's sensational to them and grabs headlines, they rarely if ever show the good that's going down

Parenting is definitely an issue. I think the lack of fathers in the house hurt as well. Education is scoffed at and to be honest they have been sold the hood life. It is a mind trap, they have become their own slave masters. It will take a grass roots effort to really change things around. I always believe in the power of the people. I am glad to hear your efforts of giving back, we need more like you. We can't keep tearing down our communities, we have to keep investing in them and showing these kids that being ignorant is not cool. We need to make education and being a gentleman the gangsta thing to do, which is why I don't let my son listen to certain music, he is still a baby but I'm starting him off right. the music is poison and the media only sensationalizes it. Great post and please keep up the good work. Each one teach one!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 17 2013, 12:40 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 16 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #67

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 16 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Parenting is definitely an issue. I think the lack of fathers in the house hurt as well. Education is scoffed at and to be honest they have been sold the hood life. It is a mind trap, they have become there own slave masters. It will take a grass roots effort to really change things around. I always believe in the power of the people. I am glad to hear your efforts of giving back, we need more like you. We can't keep tearing down our communities, we have to keep investing in them and showing these kids that being ignorant is not cool. We need to make education and being a gentleman the gangsta thing to do, which is why I don't let my son listen to certain music, he is still a baby but I'm starting him off right. the music is poison and the media on sensationalizes it. Great post and please keep up the good work. Each one teach one!

You nailed it when you brought up the media. They sensationalize things that shouldn't be blown up in the first place. The media has so much influence it's ridiculous but the thing is this, the people have the power. We give the gov't, the police, and the media their platforms and we have the power to regulate them, but we have a bunch of self haters and cowards running around. I think it'll happen one day

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 17 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #68

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 16 2013, 11:00 PM) *
You in NY now. What neighborhood you in? I told my girl I wanted to move to Brooklyn and she just shut me the hell down. Only place I don't like in NY is the Bronx, no way in hel you gon get me to move there. They bout that life for real

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE-- BRONX IS COOL.. development has fixed even the SOUTH BRONX up---- I am in Brooklyn (FORT GREENE)... great area I am near The Barclays center---- again back to boxing i GIVE CHITOWN PROPS- CHI WAS HOME TO THE FOUL POLE- ANDREW GOLATA--- AN ALL TIME GREAT FOR SURE---LMAO

QUOTE DOLIMITE--Parenting is definitely an issue. I think the lack of fathers in the house hurt as well. Education is scoffed at and to be honest they have been sold the hood life. It is a mind trap, they have become there own slave masters. It will take a grass roots effort to really change things around. I always believe in the power of the people. I am glad to hear your efforts of giving back, we need more like you. We can't keep tearing down our communities, we have to keep investing in them and showing these kids that being ignorant is not cool. We need to make education and being a gentleman the gangsta thing to do, which is why I don't let my son listen to certain music, he is still a baby but I'm starting him off right. the music is poison and the media on sensationalizes it. Great post and please keep up the good work. Each one teach one!

DOLIMITE-- WELL SAID

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 17 2013, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 17 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #69

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 17 2013, 07:46 AM) *
DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE-- BRONX IS COOL.. development has fixed even the SOUTH BRONX up---- I am in Brooklyn (FORT GREENE)... great area I am near The Barclays center---- again back to boxing i GIVE CHITOWN PROPS- CHI WAS HOME TO THE FOUL POLE- ANDREW GOLATA--- AN ALL TIME GREAT FOR SURE---LMAO

QUOTE DOLIMITE--Parenting is definitely an issue. I think the lack of fathers in the house hurt as well. Education is scoffed at and to be honest they have been sold the hood life. It is a mind trap, they have become there own slave masters. It will take a grass roots effort to really change things around. I always believe in the power of the people. I am glad to hear your efforts of giving back, we need more like you. We can't keep tearing down our communities, we have to keep investing in them and showing these kids that being ignorant is not cool. We need to make education and being a gentleman the gangsta thing to do, which is why I don't let my son listen to certain music, he is still a baby but I'm starting him off right. the music is poison and the media on sensationalizes it. Great post and please keep up the good work. Each one teach one!

DOLIMITE-- WELL SAID

Why the hell you had to bring that big stiff up lol

I'm going to have to check back down with the Bronx though because I been there twice and I was praying that I made it out safe. I love Brooklyn though

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2013, 12:25 PM
Post #70

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man yall are wild!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:23 AM