IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's with Bradley, Pacquiao & Freddie Roach?, Logic? Confusion? Promotion?
jrosales13
post Feb 23 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,657

Sometimes I feel like people just barely started watching boxing. Pac has always been about the money, always this is nothing new. After agreeing with the Hatton fight he wanted to pull out cuz' he wanted a bigger split than 50/50. He didn't take the Oscar 70/30 offer from Oscar. He wanted a bigger %. This is nothing new he has always been about the money.

Also people make too much out of the whole friendly thing. Maurice Blocker and Simon Brown were best friends....BEST FRIENDS, they were like brothers. If you guys haven't seen that fight go check it out.

I don't care if their is bad blood or they hugging each other before the ring. As long as they give a good fight when the bell starts that's all that matters. Having "bad blood" and being disrespectful to each other prior to the fight doesn't mean it will be a good nor interesting fight. Being friendly with each other doesn't mean that it can't be a damn good fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 23 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I have a problem with the fact that Bradley has had about 4 interviews and in each one, theres a new "only advantage" Pacquiao has over him. 1st it was Power. Then it was footwork. Then it was speed. Then it was accuracy. C'mon dude...It's like you're telling me not to buy the damn fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:53 AM) *
Sometimes I feel like people just barely started watching boxing. Pac has always been about the money, always this is nothing new. After agreeing with the Hatton fight he wanted to pull out cuz' he wanted a bigger split than 50/50. He didn't take the Oscar 70/30 offer from Oscar. He wanted a bigger %. This is nothing new he has always been about the money.

Absolutely! I believe the split in the Hatton fight was something weird, like 52/48 or something shitty like that. Dont quote me, but the numbers were funny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 23 2012, 11:33 AM) *
I have a problem with the fact that Bradley has had about 4 interviews and in each one, theres a new "only advantage" Pacquiao has over him. 1st it was Power. Then it was footwork. Then it was speed. Then it was accuracy. C'mon dude...It's like you're telling me not to buy the damn fight.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I will just take your word for it, being the fact that I haven't watched any Bradley interviews since the fight has been signed. I will check them out though...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Feb 23 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

This PPV is going to be a hard sell. For one, everyone was actually expecting Floyd and Manny to fight this time around, Bradley is like the guy who got asked to the prom at the last minute because the girl's original pick got sick.

No one outside of Palm Springs knows who Bradley is. Pacaquiao is coming off a lost to JMM and people are starting to realize that he is not as clean cut as he comes across and that perhaps he has been holding up the mega fight.

Arum is being exposed for the person he has always been. Just last week Ariza and Roach said that they were not inspired to fight Bradley and Pacquiao may have a hard time with motivation because Bradley is no better than their sparring partners.

Now all of a sudden Bradley is a threat, he poses as a problem and this will be a major challenge for team Pacquiao. Then of course you have the issue of Pacquiao retiring to be a full time Bible ambassador. There are too many versions to follow. I wonder why Pacquiao did not state all this stuff that was on his mind about Mayweather when it mattered. Its like he has grown a voice. Again a tough sell, I think a lot of people my bypass this fight even with a good undercard. I will say 800k buys for this fight and that is being generous. Is Pacquiao's cut going to be healed by then?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 24 2012, 06:34 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

mad fool or mad genius? if bradley says hes brawling with pacman, and comes out attempting to outbox him, it will throw pacman off his game, but if he actually tries to brawl with him i see this as a TKO affair after he gasses ofc.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 24 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 24 2012, 06:34 AM) *
mad fool or mad genius? if bradley says hes brawling with pacman, and comes out attempting to outbox him, it will throw pacman off his game, but if he actually tries to brawl with him i see this as a TKO affair after he gasses ofc.

Bradley says that he's going to "slug it out" with Pacquiao...Transalation: "Buy PPV and watch me get stretched".

+Quote Post
trickster
post Feb 24 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #27

Amateur

Member No.: 13,547

I dont have any probs w who does what at staredowns. You ever see the leadup to tyson holyfield before prison? They were cracking up everytime they tried a staredown.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 24 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

either arum is serving pac up to bradley or they've made a terrible mistake. pac is going to lose this one.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Okay guys, as much trash as I talk about this fight, curiosity will take it's toll on June 9th, and I'll more than likely order it. With that said, I've been led to ask the initial question of this topic..."What's with Bradley, Pacquiao, and Roach?"

Im reading in other places, that Pacquiao thinks Mayweather will have trouble with Cotto. He also said (paraphrasing), that when he fought Cotto, he (Cotto) was ahead on points after the 5th round. Really Manny?

As it's been said, and any idiot could've witnessed Cotto get knocked down in the 3rd and get knocked dizzy in the 4th. Manny may have also won the 2nd round, but even if he didn't how in the HELL was Cotto leading on points going into/after the 5th?

Since this fight has been signed, EVERYBODY involved seems to be talking out of their asses for some odd reasons. It's building up this look of suspense and concern, which may ultimately lead to that curiosity that will make viewers order it.

Im not even gonna get started on the horseshit Bradley has been projecting, as he deems promotional. Im proud that he was able to land the fight, though I dont feel that he truly deserved it this sson. No time like the present though, right? The funniest part is, he's waaaay more excited about it, than the average fan. It still has the potential to sell, because Pacquiao is fighting, plain and simple.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Okay guys, as much trash as I talk about this fight, curiosity will take it's toll on June 9th, and I'll more than likely order it. With that said, I've been led to ask the initial question of this topic..."What's with Bradley, Pacquiao, and Roach?"

Im reading in other places, that Pacquiao thinks Mayweather will have trouble with Cotto. He also said (paraphrasing), that when he fought Cotto, he (Cotto) was ahead on points after the 5th round. Really Manny?

As it's been said, and any idiot could've witnessed Cotto get knocked down in the 3rd and get knocked dizzy in the 4th. Manny may have also won the 2nd round, but even if he didn't how in the HELL was Cotto leading on points going into/after the 5th?

Since this fight has been signed, EVERYBODY involved seems to be talking out of their asses for some odd reasons. It's building up this look of suspense and concern, which may ultimately lead to that curiosity that will make viewers order it.

Im not even gonna get started on the horseshit Bradley has been projecting, as he deems promotional. Im proud that he was able to land the fight, though I dont feel that he truly deserved it this sson. No time like the present though, right? The funniest part is, he's waaaay more excited about it, than the average fan. It still has the potential to sell, because Pacquiao is fighting, plain and simple.

i'm not sure why pac thought cotto was ahead after five...but i think he knows that he got cotto at the perfect time under perfect circumstances. he got the catchweight....cotto was coming off of the recent beatdown....and he didn't have a real trainer to correct all the mistakes he was making in training. now, he's a few fights removed from that beat down and he's had 3 consecutive stopages at a better weight for him. also, cotto doesn't have trouble with boxers who fight at comfortable paces. i'm not predicting a cotto win...but i do believe it's going to be harder than everyone thinks. it'll be interesting to say the least.

as for pac/bradley...when he called out pac...i knew he was ready and able.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Feb 27 2012, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:00 PM