IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WBC rankings: bullshit no?-Pacquiao #1 contender for Mayweather, Bob had to grease some hands
sduck
post Dec 12 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #61

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Garcia is the best fight for Mayweather, coming off dominating wins, fought on the highest grossing PPV.

Khan will give Mayweather a good fight, better than Garcia, but the losses and questionable wins will have fans dogging Floyd's legacy.

The Pacquiao fight is never happening.

Sergio Martinez is a nobody outside the sport, this fight will most-likely never happen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 01:34 PM) *
-Why are you acting foolish? I am not pushing Khan. There are about 5 other fights I would rather see Mayweather make, but those won't happen for a variety of reasons. Khan is the best of what can reasonably happen, which is pretty much to say that he is a better option than Garcia, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, and Malignaggi.

I was born foolish...nothing you can do about that. Yes you are pushing Khan...you've been pushing him since the Guerrero fight. Please dont make me pull up those threads, please. Khan is NOT the best option...you can't tell me that a guy who has looked progressively worse over the past 15 months or so, is the best option. Danny's done nothing more than win in his recent outings...can't say the same about Khan.

-I don't understand your "as long as it appears Khan is giving Floyd trouble, that is just enough for you" point. Nothing is "just enough for me". I will buy the fight and hope to be entertained. More to the point, I want to see how Floyd does against different skills and different styles. I think hand-speed is a HUGE equalizer. Khan has that in spades. He throws beautiful combinations and he has heart. Do I think he beats Floyd? Hell no. Floyd is Floyd. I do think we have a MUCH better chance of getting drama in a Khan fight than we would a Garcia fight.

You said that he has enough to trouble Floyd, but it he'll either lose or get stopped. Did you not just say that in your last post? You will buy the fight and hope be entertained?! Isn't that what all buyers do, when they're staring down the barrel of an additional 60-70 bucks added to their bill?! Thank you Capt. Obvious...

Khan doesn't throw combinations because he has the heart, he does it because he doesn't have a choice. That new "patient" fighting style of his, is just not him, and it's ineffective.

-I actually agree with your last point, Khan has not looked good in his last 2 fights even though they were wins. That concerns me more than his chin. We all know Khan is chinny, but even at that he would make an interesting fight. What we don't know if the last 2 fights from Amir is his new normal? I keep going back to the Zab Judah-Mayweather fight. Judah looked TERRIBLE against Baldomir but still got the Mayweather fight. Judah actually made for a very entertaining fight until about round 5 or 6.

We'll see about this theory of yours, it sounds plausible so I wont argue you down about it. Just keep in mind, Judah and Mayweather were nearly equal in the skill department (up until Zab lost his step), so that may have contributed to his success early on. With guys of the skill level of Zab and Floyd...they'll only look bad against their equal, because no other fighters match them (skill wise). Now...Zab has lost some fights in his career, but nobody can say that he's a fought another Mayweather, since they fought years ago, neither has Floyd fought another Zab. That should tell you all that you need to know.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 12 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #63

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

cotto is just as skileld as zab judah, and i think he had more success that judah. judah got humiliated by floyd, idk where this bullshit people see in that fight where he gave floyd trouble, floyd was just adjusting to the fool's speed, once he did it was an easy fight, so easy that zab low blow'd him followed by a rabbit punch out of pure frustration of being dominated.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 12 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 12 2013, 05:14 PM) *
cotto is just as skileld as zab judah, and i think he had more success that judah. judah got humiliated by floyd, idk where this bullshit people see in that fight where he gave floyd trouble, floyd was just adjusting to the fool's speed, once he did it was an easy fight, so easy that zab low blow'd him followed by a rabbit punch out of pure frustration of being dominated.

Dropped Floyd and then hurt him. How exactly is that not trouble?

Cotto humbled Judah

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 12 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 12 2013, 04:14 PM) *

I feel insulted by this as a trainer...needless to say I disagree

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 12 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 12 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Dropped Floyd and then hurt him. How exactly is that not trouble?

Cotto humbled Judah

I never looked at Miguel the same after that fight, he went downhill after their encounter that night if you ask me. Zab was getting to him. I personally think those low blows were intentional. Still to this day I wonder what would've happened if those fouls had not of happened. A lot of people point to Margarito or Pacquiao sealing his downfall but he never looked the same in that fight.

He was throwing leather but Zab was quicker to the punch early on, after those low blows Zab was hesitant. Fast forward to later that year, Cotto went life and death with Shane in a fight I, like a lot of others felt Miguel lost. Then the Margarito fight, then a year later the Manny fight. You can make the case that they humbled each other

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Dec 12 2013, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 14 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

If this fight does happen better believe Pac ain't getting a fraction of what he originally could of banked. This will be a Pay Your Bills fight. Because whatever Pac gets is going to the tax man in the US and PI. SAD. I hope Bradley gets the nod. Hey Chi, the BEARS are fucking stupid to start Jay Quitler.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 14 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #68

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 14 2013, 04:27 PM) *
If this fight does happen better believe Pac ain't getting a fraction of what he originally could of banked. This will be a Pay Your Bills fight. Because whatever Pac gets is going to the tax man in the US and PI. SAD. I hope Bradley gets the nod. Hey Chi, the BEARS are fucking stupid to start Jay Quitler.

Dumb management, that's all I can say about the Bears and most of the Chicago teams.......Pac can and could get out of this without the Mayweather fight, but he needs to do a nut check and take control of his career and his finances

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:48 AM