IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #271

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 17 2013, 12:38 AM) *
I don't get that guy. Smh. He made excuses after the fight, which was pretty tacky, but he also praised Rigo on a "beautiful boxing" performance and acknowledged (more or less) that he underestimated Rigo. Now, he's backtracking.

It costs too much energy to be in denial. But as my mother often says: "A person can lie to others; but the truth whispers to you at night, keeping you awake." The truth will not only haunt Donaire at night, but most prominently in the ring.

And now that Donaire's (somewhat manufactured) cloak of invincibility has been properly lifted (thanks to Rigo), those boys at 126 are gonna be gunning for his head. So now, we wait for the inevitable...

He just needs to get his thumb outta his ass, and take a seat.

His face isn't really convincing me that he won any rounds. Usually in a fight, the guy with the messed up face may have won, but it wasn't one of those trading blows type of fights. It was a tit-for-tat affair...well in this case, it was a lot "titting" going on, and not enough "tatting". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #272

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 17 2013, 12:03 AM) *
Prof, all I can do is shake my head at some of the nonsense being peddled out there as objective covering of this sport I love. It's actually perverse. I'll just say, if what we witnessed from Rigo can be determined as a "failure to engage", then someone should have jumped in the ring to check Donaire's pulse...because by comparison, Donaire was dead. Rigs left him impotent. Completely and utterly outclassed. It was a thing of beauty.

They can't take from or sour this victory for Rigo. I hope his people keep him from reading that crap. History will reflect FACT not FICTION. Nothing these 'Revenge of the Nerds' types can do about that.

word.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) @ revenge of the nerd types.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 23 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #273

Cruiserweight

help me out here.... i lost track of the number of excuses donaire has used for this loss.

1. his unborn baby

2. he didn't study the tape

3. bad shoulder

4. rigondeaux didn't want to engage

5. had difficulty making weight

6. he thought he actually won (is that an excuse?)

did i miss any?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 23 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #274

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Some of the excuses may be true, especially the one where he said he didn't study the fight. He clearly didn't to me, didn't know what to do in that fight, you have to give him props with his trainer for trying to make adjustments later in the fight, and pulled off a winning round at least. Of course it IS his own fault for overlooking Rigondeaux and thinking he could walk through him, so his excuses, being legit or not, don't excuse his loss.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 23 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #275

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 23 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Some of the excuses may be true, especially the one where he said he didn't study the fight. He clearly didn't to me, didn't know what to do in that fight, you have to give him props with his trainer for trying to make adjustments later in the fight, and pulled off a winning round at least. Of course it IS his own fault for overlooking Rigondeaux and thinking he could walk through him, so his excuses, being legit or not, don't excuse his loss.

exactly.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #276

Cruiserweight

this video deserves it's own thread...but i'll just post it here instead.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #277

Cruiserweight

mares take on the fight...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 26 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #278

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2013, 12:12 AM) *
this video deserves it's own thread...but i'll just post it here instead.

There was only one thing wrong with that video, the way he pronounces Rigondeux's name Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #279

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 26 2013, 07:32 PM) *
There was only one thing wrong with that video, the way he pronounces Rigondeux's name Lol

"riggendeeOW." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:42 PM