IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 9 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #61

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2011, 07:30 PM) *
obviously u guys don't understand the term 'skill' or u haven't watched enough boxing to know that ali is not the most skilled fighter of the last 50yrs.

Yeah, Fitz. I had a feeling you didnt know what skill meant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 9 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #62

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Ali was tough, physically sound, and a smart fighter, but he wasn't the most 'technically' skilled fighter.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2011, 03:28 PM) *
go back and watch the first round. shoulder rolling saved oscars ass in that fight. had he fought his normal robotic style he probably wouldn't have survived the first round. that was all floyd sr.

What, you're thinking crazy. Oscar's chin man... Vargas beat Oscar, with or without Floyd Sr? No way.

Actually I might go watch the first round to see what you're saying.

This post has been edited by sduck: Sep 9 2011, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 9 2011, 04:52 PM) *
Ali was tough, physically sound, and a smart fighter, but he wasn't the most 'technically' skilled fighter.

What, you're thinking crazy. Oscar's chin man... Vargas beat Oscar, with or without Floyd Sr? No way.

Actually I might go watch the first round to see what you're saying.

check out towards the end of the round when vargas had dlh pinned to the ropes. all that defense was floyd sr. u never saw oscar move like that previously in his career. everyone got excited and thought vargas was doing something....but all that shoulder rolling and slipping is what saved oscar.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 9 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #64

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2011, 03:30 PM) *
obviously u guys don't understand the term 'skill' or u haven't watched enough boxing to know that ali is not the most skilled fighter of the last 50yrs.

under your own rules Mayweather can't even be considered since he'd problems with the pressure Castillo put on him. that one fight killed it for him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 9 2011, 06:06 PM) *
under your own rules Mayweather can't even be considered since he'd problems with the pressure Castillo put on him. that one fight killed it for him.

he beat castillo twice...so how can that be considered a problem?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 9 2011, 10:20 PM) *
He lost to Duran because he fought Duran's fight, and went on to beat him 2 times later anyways. Same thing probably would have happened to Mayweather if you replace Castillo with Duran. Big difference between Duran and Castillo.

when all things were equal...duran beat leonard. i don't put too much stock into the leonard wins over duran.

ur absolutely right....duran was a hell of a lot better than castillo and would more than likely beat mayweather in a mythical match up.

what u fail to understand though....mayweather is more technically skilled than duran. does that stop duran from being a top 3 atg? no. skill doesn't always equal victory.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 12 2011, 05:14 PM) *
No, Leonard decided to fight with Duran which wasn't in his best interest, rather than box with Duran. That was the difference, and Leonard made a good account for himself by fighting the fight on Duran's terms.
After that, Leonard fought on his terms. That's the difference.

If Mayweather decided to fight with a good pressure fighter rather than box, you would probably come up with the same conclusion. The first fight with Duran wasn't that Leonard couldn't deal with pressure, it was just simply he decided to fight and try and beat Duran at his own game.

i suggest u read up on leonard/duran 2 or watch legendary nights. they're whole strategy to winning that fight was getting duran immediately so he wouldn't be properly prepared. they knew duran ballooned up after the fight. duran's manager sold him out. dundee has spoke on it openly. check duran's biography if u don't believe me.

also...watch the rematch. leonard really didn't do shit. he never hurt duran. hell...duran never even said 'no mas.' that was howard cosells claim. but everyone bought into it the same way ppl gobble up all the other bullshyt in the media.

again....i'm not arguing whether duran would beat floyd or not. i'm still saying....floyd is more technically skilled than duran.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:58 PM