IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alexander Looks for the Winner of Berto/Ortiz Rematch..., WTF???
Cshel86
post Dec 17 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

WTF??? Doesn't this guy already have his hands full with Maidana in February??? This is his first WW fight, and he's already jumping from A to Z!? Im really starting to wonder about Devon...

http://www.boxingscene.com/devon-alexander...-maidana--47358
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 17 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Maidana is not the guy to sleep on devon.. I know he's going to fight in the Lu but you have to make it to a decision first to rob him

I'm getting the feeling he's gonna get ktfod

This post has been edited by checkleft: Dec 17 2011, 03:01 AM

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 17 2011, 08:42 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 17 2011, 12:29 AM) *
WTF??? Doesn't this guy already have his hands full with Maidana in February??? This is his first WW fight, and he's already jumping from A to Z!? Im really starting to wonder about Devon...

http://www.boxingscene.com/devon-alexander...-maidana--47358

When the iron is hot you strike. Ortiz, Berto, and Devon are all in a rebuildind stage of their career. Fighting each other makes sense. Why not make it a round robin? Who ever wins between Ortiz and Berto stock will either rise or fall. If Devon beats Maidana then the next can be a career changer. But If Maidana wins and Ortiz wins, that will be a rematch that I will stay home on a Saturday and watch. There are many stories lines to these two fights. The possibilities are endless.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 17 2011, 12:28 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 17 2011, 03:00 AM) *
Maidana is not the guy to sleep on devon.. I know he's going to fight in the Lu but you have to make it to a decision first to rob him

I'm getting the feeling he's gonna get ktfod

Exactly! If Matthysse can put Devon his ass, then imagine all of the wild shit Maidana is gonna do to get him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) The sad part is, Devon was moving when Lucas clocked him (cleanly) and put him on his ass. I dont see this fight going the distance...and thats not being said in Devon's favor...

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 17 2011, 08:42 AM) *
When the iron is hot you strike. Ortiz, Berto, and Devon are all in a rebuildind stage of their career. Fighting each other makes sense. Why not make it a round robin? Who ever wins between Ortiz and Berto stock will either rise or fall. If Devon beats Maidana then the next can be a career changer. But If Maidana wins and Ortiz wins, that will be a rematch that I will stay home on a Saturday and watch. There are many stories lines to these two fights. The possibilities are endless.

You're right about these guys being in a rebuilding stage of their careers, but since the dust has settled a bit, I think its safe to say that they are okay. Out of the 3, Devon has the most to prove. He hasn't taken a soft touch since the Urango fight, but he's yet to convince the world that he can hang. He trouble with Kotelnik, Bradley, and Matthysse (in that order), but has yet to prove that he's completely focused. Now he has Maidana in front of him...hope he makes the best of it.

As far Berto and Ortiz, they still have the world to gain. Of course Ortiz just lost to the best fighter in the world and had his biggest payday, but now he can move on big paydays (of at least $1M) and he still has a whole ass of opponents to choose from (Khan, Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, Alvarez). Berto didn't lose much in the Ortiz fight, if anything, he gained more fans and respect. He immediately moved on to grab another title, so he's still in the talks. He has the same opponents as Ortiz, to choose from.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 17 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yup.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

alexander better focus on the task at hand. khan was just looking past his opponent and look what happened. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 27 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 19 2011, 09:09 PM) *
alexander better focus on the task at hand. khan was just looking past his opponent and look what happened. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+1

+Quote Post
dhoward126
post Dec 27 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 11,548

Alexander is going to get KOd in this fight. He's as slick as a brillo-pad! I didn't think he won the Matthysse fight and Maidana is more wild and more strong then Matthysse, also he's a fighter who can come on strong in the later rounds and that'll spell doom for Alexander.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 27 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 27 2011, 06:14 PM) *
Alexander is going to get KOd in this fight. He's as slick as a brillo-pad! I didn't think he won the Matthysse fight and Maidana is more wild and more strong then Matthysse, also he's a fighter who can come on strong in the later rounds and that'll spell doom for Alexander.

If I remember correctly, you were at one of his St. Louis fights...if so, which one was it? This Maidana fight may be the end for Devon...at least for a little while anyway. Its will actually be a feather in Maidana's hat and bullet in Devon's ass if he comes up short, especially if he loses in an ugly fashion.

A victory for Devon will at least keep him afloat, and of course a loss Maidana is nothing because he's not always expected to win...just expected to give a guy a hell and possibly pull off a victory.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:18 PM