IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime:Lopez vs. Salido:@10:30(ET)/7:30(PT) SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoiler Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
Big Slim Sweet
post Apr 17 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #61

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 16 2011, 11:37 PM) *
Lopez need to take care of that divorce....that shit messes up your head for real.

I'm glad Lopez didn't try to use this as an excuse in the post fight interview, however you are 100% right hammer there is no question being in the middle of a divorce - especially when there are kids involved - compromises your focus and performance at work. Considering how much worse Lopez looked than usual from the first round on tonight I have to believe that was a major factor.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Apr 17 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #62

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 17 2011, 02:35 AM) *
The stoppage may have came a bit to early but i think the ref didn't like the way JuanMa was looking whne takeing those shots and those are the kind of blows that end your career quickly also for those who speak spanish JuanMa seems to be slurring his words a bit now a days aswell. Im sure the distrations played a part but JuanMa for a young fighter is getting hit way too much he might end up being the next Vargas burning himself out too quick.

I've been wondering about this Bazooka and almost started a post on it a few months back. I've never been able to tell whether a spanish speaking boxer was slurring but with Lopez the past couple of interviews I thought it sounded like he was.

He needs to take the rest of 2011 perhaps, take care of his personal business, and get serious about staying shape. He's still young enough to come back but time is running out on him.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 17 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #63

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Man Lopez looked real slow,didn't seem himself. Credit to Salad for the win.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 18 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #64

Guests

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 11:07 AM) *
The stoppage was early, but Lopez was on his way out anyways. I don't mind Lopez (though didn't think he was beating Gamboa), but I am kind of happy about the loss, mainly so Arum can go suck a dick. Make fights happen and fights fans want to see, otherwise shit like this will happen to you. Eat a dick.
Should have made the fight happen while the iron was hot.

Yup! Having two skilled fighters with high hopes for both in boxing, with titles around their waists, 0's to their records.. it really has lost a lot of luster seeing what happened. And Arum has no one but his own selfish, red faced, cocky, old ass to blame but himself!!! Sure the fight can be rebuild, but the old bastard got too greedy, thought about him$elf over the fans and hurt a potential classic between two undefeated champions!

As for the fight I can't help but think the personal issues and weight outside of the fight played a big factor. I don't think the stoppage was shit, but I do think Juan Manueal Lopez could have continued a little longer. He was hurt, but he was still standing, throwing and clearly wanted to continue when the ref ended it.

Juanma didn't seem himself at all as he didn't show much enthusiasm through out the fight has he seemed slow and stationary. The guy didn't move and use his skills enough and traded when he shouldn't have..just looked average from the get go. Props to Salido who took some nice shots and showed more determination than Lopez and it paid off!

Hope Juanma gets his shit together and makes a successful comeback!!

This post has been edited by ViperSniper: Apr 18 2011, 03:04 AM

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 19 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #65

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

Dude's got to learn to protect the left front of that ample gourde.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 21 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #66

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Could NOT believe how close everyone had this! I only gave Lopez round 1 and 7. With the KD against him, Salido should have been up by a solid three points. This is the worst I have seen Lopez work. There were some great exchanges, but Salido got the better of them almost every time.

The stoppage was bad considering how Lopez can recover from the dead to beat people, but I have seen worse.

Jack

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:31 AM