IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse on Mayweather-Alverez undercard
Garcia vs. Matthysse Poll!
Who Wins and How?
Matthysse by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Matthysse by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Matthysse by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Garcia by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

checkleft
post Jul 29 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 29 2013, 02:25 PM) *
That's the best way to look at it. I figure GBP will keep a rematch and/or trilogy in their back pockets, like they're doing with Khan/Garcia, Khan/Peterson, Maidana/Ortiz, and Berto/Ortiz.

Put it this way, depending on which guy wins next month, the winner will stay away from the loser for a while. If Danny wins, he'll stay away from that Matthysse trap for a while, and continue building his name. Lucas will do the same, though he wont be reluctant to do a rematch. The problem with Lucas is, he's too damn game...so GBP will keep him away from Danny and see how far they can take his name. Lol

Haha. That's true but Danny always seems to be looking to give people rematches

But even though it would such for Lucas (again) to get the shaft on the cards I guess that is the best way to look at it.

But then again Danny could receive the "desert storm backlash" like Bradley did after eeking out a decision against pac. Especially on such a high profile card which would suck cause Danny is a entertaining guy to watch, because he never really dominates people he always leaves things up in the air.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #72

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 04:44 PM) *
Haha. That's true but Danny always seems to be looking to give people rematches

But even though it would such for Lucas (again) to get the shaft on the cards I guess that is the best way to look at it.

But then again Danny could receive the "desert storm backlash" like Bradley did after eeking out a decision against pac. Especially on such a high profile card which would suck cause Danny is a entertaining guy to watch, because he never really dominates people he always leaves things up in the air.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 30 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 04:20 PM) *

Morales Garcia 1- Garcia was losing until late in the fight

Holt Garcia- got by with the SD

Khan Garcia- Garcia was getting lit up until he put his foot on the gas after the gash and he started swinging for the fences

Zab Garcia- he let zab hang in there and actually gain steam towards the end

I love his patience but sometimes he's patient to a fault

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 30 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #74

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 30 2013, 01:07 AM) *
Morales Garcia 1- Garcia was losing until late in the fight

Holt Garcia- got by with the SD

Khan Garcia- Garcia was getting lit up until he put his foot on the gas after the gash and he started swinging for the fences

Zab Garcia- he let zab hang in there and actually gain steam towards the end

I love his patience but sometimes he's patient to a fault

i'll agree with the first 2.

i disagree that he was getting lit up by khan. he was picking a lot of those flashy ass shots off. he did get hit...but i thought he was zeroing in the whole time. he landed some great shots from the very beginning.

as for the zab fight....he got caught in that one round but i thought he beat zab convincingly. zab was trying to take him to deep waters but got worked in the process.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 2 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #75

Cruiserweight

dulorme picks garcia...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 3 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 2 2013, 03:20 PM) *

Probably cause that's who he would rather fight lol, don't wanna get slept by two argies now do ya dulorme?

Remind me why he moved down to 140?...

Oh yea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utzaqqULsS0...be_gdata_player

This post has been edited by checkleft: Aug 3 2013, 01:29 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 5 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #77

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

So it appears that Matthysse isn't participating in the 3-city press tour for this fight. WTF???

So let me get this straight, the guy whose been pissing & moaning (as usual) about not getting a fair shake, a title shot, or a meaningful fight, ISN'T taking part in the press tour, which will be part of the biggest PPV card in years? Where they do that at???

From what I was reading, it was a bunch excuses and so on. I'm almost willing to bet that the Matthysse hopefuls would've had a baby, if Swift didn't participate in the press tour. Let's be real here...the double standard is in full swing with these two fighters.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 5 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 3 2013, 02:20 AM) *
Probably cause that's who he would rather fight lol, don't wanna get slept by two argies now do ya dulorme?

Remind me why he moved down to 140?...

Oh yea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utzaqqULsS0...be_gdata_player

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

true dat.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 5 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #79

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Matthysse informed GB and Garcia's camp that he will not be doing the three city press tour. Now, at first I was pissed off with Lucas for doing this than I realized this is 5 weeks out from a very big fight. He needs to train. He can't waste a week on promoting a fight that is already big and highly anticipated. Plus the tours are in PR, Philly, and L.A. not much Argentine support for those tours. I am not mad at Lucas for saying fuck the press tour. Plus, Angel will have to save his shit talking for the weigh in on Friday 13, 2013!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Aug 5 2013, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 5 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Matthysse informed GB and Garcia's camp that he will not be doing the three city press tour. Now, at first I was pissed off with Lucas for doing this than I realized this is 5 weeks out from a very big fight. He needs to train. He can't waste a week on promoting a fight that is already big and highly anticipated. Plus the tours are in PR, Philly, and L.A. not much Argentine support for those tours. I am not mad at Lucas for saying fuck the press tour. Plus, Angel will have to save his shit talking for the weigh in on Friday 13, 2013!

this press tour is a stupid idea and i wouldn't do it either!!! all that flying around is going to fatigue them. very inconsiderate of the person who came up with that idea.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:03 AM