IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JMM vs Mayweather 2, How well would Marquez fair now against him?
daprofessor
post Dec 25 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 24 2012, 09:37 PM) *
He just knocked out one of the biggest stars in boxing...Im sure he has all types of confidence right now. Hell, I know I would. I doubt if Marquez wants the rematch too, but millions of dollars, usually negates a sane man's thought process. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He got about $6M for his last fight...I wouldn't doubt if he got about $8M for a Mayweather rematch. In a way, I hate that Floyd picked him the first time, and made him look bad. He was just too small. He was always smaller than Manny, and now that he bulked up, he was able to finish Manny. The average casual fan will gravitate towards a Mayweather rematch, for that reason alone. Weird, but "fans" are the ones who make up for the majority of the PPV purchases.

he was shutout against floyd. he didn't win a single round. ppl remember that. i seriously doubt anyone wants to watch that happen again. also, if i'm jmm...i know how that plays out. i don't want to end my career on a down note. u can keep ur extra 2 million and i'll keep my dignity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) he should go after that 5th title in a 5th weight class to separate himself from the rest of the mexican atg's.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 25 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 25 2012, 01:50 AM) *
he was shutout against floyd. he didn't win a single round. ppl remember that. i seriously doubt anyone wants to watch that happen again. also, if i'm jmm...i know how that plays out. i don't want to end my career on a down note. u can keep ur extra 2 million and i'll keep my dignity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) he should go after that 5th title in a 5th weight class to separate himself from the rest of the mexican atg's.

Do you mean 147 or 154?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 25 2012, 05:04 AM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 25 2012, 03:03 AM) *
Do you mean 147 or 154?

147. 154 is out of the question....

actually...he only has an interim title at 140. maybe he should get both 140 and 147?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 25 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I'd Marquez to get the fight for a nice payday, but there's nothing he can do different is there now. I mean for the Pac fight has he really changed throughout the 4 fights? Or have they both done the same thing, with Marquez improving how he throws that right hand lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 25 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 25 2012, 12:50 AM) *

I get your point, but I'd much rather him end his career on a down note against the best fighter in the world for an even nicer payday, than to go out on a down note against the likes of Rios for lesser money. If the purse isn't that big (especially for a Rios fight), then Juan shouldn't even feel good about getting the bigger split.

That 5th title is around Floyd's waist. He could also go after Bradley or Malignaggi, but going after the payday seems a bit smarter (in my opinion). His other Mexican counterparts haven't really even won that many titles in different weight (I may be wrong). Morales was handed his title, and he owns the right to being the first to beat Manny on U.S. soil. Juan put Manny's lights out...Im not sure the effect will be the same if another fighter did it. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 25 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 25 2012, 04:05 PM) *
I get your point, but I'd much rather him end his career on a down note against the best fighter in the world for an even nicer payday, than to go out on a down note against the likes of Rios for lesser money. If the purse isn't that big (especially for a Rios fight), then Juan shouldn't even feel good about getting the bigger split.

That 5th title is around Floyd's waist. He could also go after Bradley or Malignaggi, but going after the payday seems a bit smarter (in my opinion). His other Mexican counterparts haven't really even won that many titles in different weight (I may be wrong). Morales was handed his title, and he owns the right to being the first to beat Manny on U.S. soil. Juan put Manny's lights out...Im not sure the effect will be the same if another fighter did it. Lol

Bradley I can see but Paulie I rather not. That would be an utter massacre. Floyd would actually stand in front of Paulie and beat him senseless! Come on cousin, we want Paulie to have a commentating career after boxing. That fight would be a sacrifice and I am Floyd fan but I would have issues with him fighting Paulie. I would say Bradley I mean he is "undefeated." Actually I would love to see Mayweather fight Canelo to put an end to the hype that is Canelo. I just want to see way gay ass robe Canelo will be wearing to the fight. Floyd should ask for the Bradley fight let's face it Arum isn't really pro team Bradley so having Bradley taking a loss wouldn't be that big of a deal.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 26 2012, 01:57 AM
Post #27

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 23 2012, 09:23 AM) *
Marquez beat Pacquiao with one devastating counter right hand. No doubt, but look at his opponent. Manny was reckless, he jumped into that punch blindly. Manny was tagging Juan all night with his speed, not accuracy just speed. Juan looked slower and he even looked like he was tiring out. Yes Juan was bigger and willing to take a beating to land that shot and the risk paid off. Mayweather wouldn't even come close to making all the silly mistakes Manny did. He would pace himself and eventually make Juan say "no mas." With Juan being slower and Mayweather willing to stand toe to toe this fight would look similar to the Gatti fight if not worse. I would say this fight would end in a stoppage. Mayweather would want to prove that Juan is far below his level which would further prove to Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon and the rest of the idiots who actually think Manny would have a chance to pick off Mayweather. What makes Mayweather great is his boxing IQ and his willingness to adjust. Most fighters stick to one game plan Mayweather has several he is like Randy Johnson, the guy had a million different pitches, Mayweather has a million different looks and strategies. The guy is a genius. This fight would be twenty times worse. I would rather see this fight than Robert Guerrero.

This thread should've been locked/closed after your fact-filled comment was posted.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 26 2012, 02:44 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 25 2012, 06:04 AM) *
147. 154 is out of the question....

actually...he only has an interim title at 140. maybe he should get both 140 and 147?

I thought his last fight with manny was at 147 (4th fight)

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 26 2012, 07:28 AM
Post #29

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I would love to see this fight. I'm a huge fan of JMM, steroids or not, because he's an exquisite boxer with an aggressive persona. There's nothing I love watching more than an aggressive counterpuncher/technician going to work.

I believe a fight like this would net JMM anywhere from $8 MM - $12 MM when you consider PPV proceeds, etc.

However, as has been the case for years, I only have 2 words to dash our hopes for this fight.

Bob. Arum.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 26 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 26 2012, 06:28 AM) *
I would love to see this fight. I'm a huge fan of JMM, steroids or not, because he's an exquisite boxer with an aggressive persona. There's nothing I love watching more than an aggressive counterpuncher/technician going to work.

I believe a fight like this would net JMM anywhere from $8 MM - $12 MM when you consider PPV proceeds, etc.

However, as has been the case for years, I only have 2 words to dash our hopes for this fight.

Bob. Arum.

Bob Arum could care less about feeding the likes of JMM to the wolves, however he did an excellent job of protecting Manny from Floyd and in the process blew a 40 million dollar payday (I wonder how many fights it would take for Manny to earn that kind of money now).

I'd still love to see Floyd tax that a$$ on Manny but even at this stage I still believe that Bob will not put him in the ring vs Floyd, what I think we'll see is Pac get a crack at the straight-forward style of guys like Rios to help build back up his reputation as some type of slugger (I never really saw him that way).

If JMM does not get a shot at the likes of Floyd then obviously he should fish out a 5th fight with Manny if for nothing else except making more money this time around and cementing his dominance with another rousing KO to seal the deal. At this point JMM is a bonafide Superstar on par with Manny and just under Floyd and at the very least then he and Bradley should square off with the winner getting Floyd.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:16 PM