IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

mgrover
post Apr 21 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #101

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Am no longer looking for Mayweather to fight either, especially after re hydrating that much christt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 21 2013, 06:34 AM
Post #102

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Ticket were going super cheap for that fight. Like $20

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 21 2013, 06:38 AM
Post #103

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,802

I can see where a fighter is ducking someone who is 25 pounds heavier fight night. People have lost it completely. LOL

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Apr 21 2013, 07:18 AM
Post #104

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

Bring it on!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #105

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 21 2013, 11:27 AM) *
I don't think Mayweather fights Canelo because he is so damn big.

As for last night, I didn't like Trout's gameplan but i did like his work ethic and heart. He outworked Canelo even though alot of his jabs missed and power punches were dodged. Trout didn't have the Power that Canelo had just planting his feet and waiting for an opening. He must of put all his power in each of his shots, thats the only reason i'd see why he was tired. Trout didn't go to the body enough when Canelo was sitting there moving his head. I was disappointed to say the least. Canelo only won the fight because of his power, Trout underestimated him big time.

Canelo reminded me of Donaire but Trout is no Rigondeaux/Mayweather............. Also Canelo must watch ALOT of Mayweather!!!! you can see it in his style with each passing fight

Mayweather beats Trout.
Mayweather/Alvarez would prob be like Forman/Ali. Mayweather will have to out box him and not get on the ropes until Canelo gets tired then get that KO. Much easier said than done..
I don't know if Mayweather should take Pacquiao before or after Canelo.

Pac fight is dead as far as Saul I am not interested in. He is a middleweight not a welterweight. Although I think Mayweather would pot shot his ears off I wouldn't be all that animated to see this fight. Those scores last night were sad!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 21 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #106

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Voted for Mayweather by close decision. Floyd will out-box Robert to win, but may have a few surprising moments in a more competitive fight than some may think. I'll say 116-112 for Mayweather on all cards.

Jack

+Quote Post
un01
post Apr 21 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #107

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

Everyone wants to see Mayweather fight Martinez and Alvarez, but the size advantage is just too much. We might see those fights down the road but we're definitely not gonna see them now, especially this early in Floyd's Showtime contract. Most likely, we're gonna see Mayweather vs Danny Garcia in September, the back and forth with Angel Garcia and Floyd Sr. Should be hilarious lol, then we'll probably see him fight Alexander.

This post has been edited by un01: Apr 21 2013, 04:44 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #108

Middleweight

QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 21 2013, 02:37 PM) *
Good points by everyone in here. Glad to see people thinking logically. Canelo was a light heavyweight last night. If they were actually the same size, at this point Floyd would likely dominate Canelo just based on pace and endurance alone. One thing that Trout did from time to time is not let Canelo rest. That seemed to work, somewhat. The difference here is the Floyd is so much more accurate than Trout that he would have been able to better exploit Canelo's periods of inactivity.

That said, Canelo may have a near 30lb advantage on Floyd. If Floyd opted not to fight him, I wouldn't be inclined to call that ducking. Canelo, who may actually be a natural middle/super middle weight, might just be squeezing himself down to Jr. Middle, and should really be looking for Chavez, Martinez or even Golovkin (who says he would come down to Jr. Middle for a fight of that caliber).

If I were Floyd, Canelo would have to fight me at welterweight. I took a chance with DLH and Cotto and was outsized and uncomfortable in both. Canelo is bigger than both of them. Too much of a weight advantage here. At this point in his career, Floyd can do want he wants. He shouldn't be seeking the young up and comer Canelo. Canelo should be seeking him; IF he wants to prove himself. And seeing as how he is apparently looking for that fight, no catch weights; find me at welter.

Well this is where I give Manny Pacquiao credit, Floyd if he fights Saul should ask for a hydration clause limit. Now he will catch so much hell for it but it would make the fight fair. I would say Saul could not rehydrate more than 7 pounds maybe even 5. That is the only way that I would fight Saul.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #109

Middleweight

ADMIN UPDATE: FIGHT WILL BE SHOWN ON BOTH CLOSED CIRCUIT AND PPV. CLOSED CIRCUIT WILL BE ABOUT $20 PER TICKET. PPV WILL BE $60 TO $70.

Click here for more details: http://www.fathomevents.com/#!may-day-...e-info/theaters

Jack

Administrator

Honestly I went to three different bars while on my business trip and none of them had Showtime! My hotel did not have Showtime. One of my coworkers had family in Charlotte and none of them had Showtime! For some reason people do not prescribe to Showtime. So that maybe the reason for low ratings ironically people are actually talking about this fight. I wonder what the PPV numbers will look like. Anything over 1.2 buys will be a big success. I think Guerrero and his dad talking shit is helping this fight sale. The way Guerrero is talking I actually believe that he may win (even though I know it will be a steep uphill battle).

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 21 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #110

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Floyd messed up talking ish about Pacquiao for those Catchweight fights. He's at a real crossroad now for it.

After the Guerrero fight, if Floyd can still do what he does best then i have no worries. it would need to be this year so Mayweather can still be the one who makes the demands for the fight. Canelo's star power is rising. This fight will be huge.

Last i heard though Mayweather was trying to go to 140?

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:55 PM