IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magomed Abdusalamov is in Self-Induced Coma, Smh...
MAHDI
post Nov 7 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #21

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

This puts the sweet science in proper perspective--- the science is to hit and not get hit... People have a love affair with slugging and face fighting brutality in a manner that parallels the days when the Romans used to cheer as people would compete to the death or near death Gladiator style.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Nov 8 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 6 2013, 07:47 PM) *
this is definitely NOT at magomed signed up for. this happens in the sport, but not very often. most of the time guys bounce back fairly well, maybe some cuts, burises and maybe the occasional concussion, but the guy broke his hand, his cheek bone, hes got a clot in his brain. this is serious damage, like duk ku kim type of damage. i feel so bad for his family, this is exactly what mayweather is always talking about when he says the fans dont care about his family and the fact that they might have to deal with this as a result of taking punishment in the ring. ive heard him say this on numerous occasions regarding his "boring" style. maybe this will wake up some of the fans who think boxing is boring, maybe theyll realize why being able to box is important to fighters, without the fans and media condemning them like they did rigondeaux and floyd

But the fighters that fight the way you talk about fight that way because they can. The Russian doesn't have the skills and talent that Mayweather has. His nature is to slug and slug some more. Remember that he hadn't been beyond 5 rounds in any fight. Guys like him can't do what Mayweather does so they have to fight a different way. It just sucks that something like this happened and I hope the man pulls through.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 9 2013, 01:57 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Any new updates of this situation? I watched this fight and I must say Magomed really showed some toughness by continuing to come forward and throw punches the entire fight.In my opinion if Mago doesn't suffer the broken nose early in the fight his Will would have edged Perez.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 9 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Nov 8 2013, 12:00 AM) *
But the fighters that fight the way you talk about fight that way because they can. The Russian doesn't have the skills and talent that Mayweather has. His nature is to slug and slug some more. Remember that he hadn't been beyond 5 rounds in any fight. Guys like him can't do what Mayweather does so they have to fight a different way. It just sucks that something like this happened and I hope the man pulls through.

That's an inaccurate statement. Plenty of fighters can avoid punishment and move around and win a fight, most of the times they don't. Look at Alvarado. He can box but he likes to be what's called fan friendly and Lamont Peterson, he's a good boxer he just gets lured easily into brawls because once he gets hit he wants to fight, Shane is like that to an extent and Holyfield is like that

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 22 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Not trying to be cynical here, but is it safe to say that this guy will never fight again? If his purse wasn't enough to cover those crazy doctor bills, then something else needs to be done to insure that he's taken care of (other than this bullshit fundraiser that they're doing).

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:04 AM