IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao hires outside firm to handle boxing contracts, Alters landscape of Team Pacquiao; Arum will be PISSED
thehype
post Jul 20 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #21

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 20 2011, 12:36 PM) *
The truth is I didn't see anyone blast Hype and if they did, it's dumb as fuck cause truth be told, there are so many stories coming outta the team pac camp that who knows if this is even right but I hope it is. Time will tell I guess and I hope it is true and that pacman clears his name and gives Arum and everyone else a wake up call!

Actually, a couple of people have sent me some links from individuals taking shots, but hey, it's all good...at least I know those same people are reading FightHype.com.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Plus, like I said before, I've never heard of most of them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 20 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 20 2011, 02:44 PM) *
You're Manny fucking Pacquiao, go hire the best there is. Hell, I'd bring in a bad ass sports agency before I'd bring in these guys. Any sports agent worth his salt has a prominent law degree anyway, and you can always contract a tax or contract lawyer yourself.

i've always wondered why fighters don't do that. i figured it's because people in the industry probably have a lot more access to the fighters and try to pitch them better deals. that shit has never made any sense to me. that and you always hear about an "adviser" instead of the fighter getting a money manager.

+Quote Post
Sicko
post Jul 20 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #23

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,115

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME MANNY! Seems like Manny eyes are opening up and he is taking more control of his career which is a GREAT THING!

He is not suppose to be "WORKING FOR ARUM" "Arum is suppose to be WORKING FOR HIM", I don't think Manny knows how much Power he has, all he has to do is THREATEN TO RETIRE to get his way and Bob Arum and Top Rank would literally SH!T ON THEMSELVES lol

I personally wouldn't want my Manager and Promoter to be friends and I think it is FOOLISH to take a Manager that your Promoter Recommends to you, that is why Tyson lost all his money, he took Managers that Don King recommended to him and they was probably working together and taking LOADS OF MONEY from Tyson without him knowing

so I think it is great that Manny is getting REAL MANAGEMENT and not some Random dude recommended by Arum or Roach (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Sicko
post Jul 20 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #24

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,115

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 20 2011, 11:50 AM) *

1) Never heard of the site.

2) Never heard of the writer.

3) It's hard to take someone serious when they don't even use their real name and write about themselves in the 3rd person.

4) He's obviously a FAN of FightHype.com, otherwise, he wouldn't be glued to the site and reading our work.

5) I'm glad I provided him with some content to write about. Perhaps in the future, he'll reach out to his contacts to find out his own information.

6) Again, never heard of the site OR the writer.

7) He's writing about me; I'm not writing about him.

8) Did I already mention he's CLEARLY a FAN of FightHype.com

9) Somebody please thank him for at least posting a link back to our content.

10) I hope he's not trying to get a credential to any Mayweather fights.

yeah that site is a FUKIN JOKE!

I tore into one Writer in the comment section of his article, they are just Pacquiao fans who started a Website...you can tell by their Articles they don't know sh!t about boxing

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 20 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #25

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

But look at Manny's official website. Mp8? Looks amateurish. And rumours have it that this Timothy James is the one suppying Team Pac with steroids. That it was not his real name. That he's hiding behind his past.

And I'm sure that every writer is guilty of making the mistake of not reaching to out every concerned party involved.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Jul 20 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #26

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 20 2011, 02:22 PM) *
.you can tell by their Articles they don't know sh!t about boxing

Thought of this when i read that line lmao

http://youtu.be/HbC00T-3eS4

This post has been edited by PColeman28: Jul 20 2011, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Jul 20 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #27

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 20 2011, 12:36 PM) *
The truth is I didn't see anyone blast Hype and if they did, it's dumb as fuck cause truth be told, there are so many stories coming outta the team pac camp that who knows if this is even right but I hope it is. Time will tell I guess and I hope it is true and that pacman clears his name and gives Arum and everyone else a wake up call!

They started comparing how he handle Floyd Firing fiasco and the Pac teams firing situation they were talking crazy as he if you can find them check the topic comments on the first time the Knocz stories broke it is there and it was another article on this website wiling out

This post has been edited by zucrates: Jul 20 2011, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Jul 20 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 20 2011, 01:51 PM) *
I think he's starting to realize that he's fighting all of the same guys as Floyd Mayweather, but he's making a fraction of the money as Floyd Mayweather.

Well that's what happens when you get to the barbecue to late, you get scraps lmfao. Seriously though he should have been looking at this stuff long time ago. Another point that shows me Mayweather is smarter than Manny and will likely beat him silly should they meet. Boxing is more than power and speed, intelligence goes a long way and Manny seems to be a bit behind May.

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 20 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #29

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 20 2011, 08:50 PM) *
Well that's what happens when you get to the barbecue to late, you get scraps lmfao.

More than getting sloppy 3rds or 4ths (with the likes of Mosley and DLH), I think he was referring to the fact that Manny pays out a lot more to his team. He's not clearing as much as May.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 20 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

where does top rank fit in this?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 04:25 AM