IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 18 2013, 08:39 PM) *
Yes, I'd agree...much straighter shots...especially from Shane "Toothache and i'm going on vacation" Mosley

fixed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 06:06 PM) *
It could mean a whole range of things if it was true. But that's a big if. Maybe it would explain how come they'd didn't film any sparring this time around? But if it was true, it really needs to be put into context, you know what Floyds like, does crazy rounds for crazy amount of time with fresh opposition when he himself is tired as. I mean remember when Floyd fractured a rib before the Marquez fight. Nothing new.

12lb in 30 days is nothing, any idea what Floyds was at?

He was 3lbs off the 147lb limit

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Who knows if it's true, it could be but we probably will never know. Reuben seems to be adding fuel to the fire, nothing wrong with that

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 18 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 08:41 PM) *

Word life, Prof!!!!

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Apr 18 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #25

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

Whoever hit him, hit him good! Errol Spence is the Mayweather and Broner killer apparently lol. I don't truly believe he is gettin his ass beat but i'm sure he is gettin touched up a bit. He is sparring some quality guys and i'm sure he is trying different things in there that get him caught. Plus, we've heard stories about Mayweather taking L's in the past... Spadafora, the asian dude, lamont peterson. Maybe i'm wrong though...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 07:03 PM) *
They live streamed when he was training for Cotton for whatever reason. Must of felt confidence in what he was doing as opposed to now. Maybe he wants to keep Guerrero guessing whether he'll be on the inside or pot shorting from the outside etc

Why is Floyd sparring 168lbers? Or does he expect Guerrero to be overweight by a lot lol

I'm sure he put the one before the cotto fight up on purpose, he was talking to the camera. That one and the spadafora one are the only ones I've ever seen

Damn a super middle weight? That black eye is a trophy then if he's sparring guys that big.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 19 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #27

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 06:06 PM) *
It could mean a whole range of things if it was true. But that's a big if. Maybe it would explain how come they'd didn't film any sparring this time around? But if it was true, it really needs to be put into context, you know what Floyds like, does crazy rounds for crazy amount of time with fresh opposition when he himself is tired as. I mean remember when Floyd fractured a rib before the Marquez fight. Nothing new.

12lb in 30 days is nothing, any idea what Floyds was at?

Floyd generally doesn't allow cameras during sparring, so that's not new. At the 30 day mark, he weighed in at 148.2. He's at fighting weight, able to eat whatever he wants. But that's not new either. He walks around in the low 50s, so fighting at welter affords him a generous diet.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 06:30 PM) *
i will give ruben this....this is the most shit i've ever seen anyone talk to floyd and his camp ever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) either he's crazy....or he's a genius. we'll find out come may 4th.

True...so true. Lol. 'Course, it's no secret, I'm leaning towards, he's just crazy. Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 06:32 PM) *
floyd has 3 sparring partners....

errol spence, sechew powell and jesus gonzalez. word is that gonzalez is giving him the best work.

there's a fine line between training someone to a peak...and over doing it. with more than one cook in the kitchen...this may be an issue. from an interview i saw earlier today from roger...he says he's the one steering the ship. i know floyd wants the whole family involved...i hope it's a good thing. jeff is down in panama. we'll see what happens come fight night.

on guerrero's side...i've seen guerrero and his pops work. honestly..i've always got the feeling that guerrero trains himself. his pops definitely pushes him though.

Jeff has always been the glue...so hopefully his presence will help it all come together.

Floyd also used Joseph Elegele. And of course some of his own fighters, like Arias.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 07:34 PM) *
he may be bigger...but his shots aren't as fluid as guerrero's. i'm not sure the sparring is going to help him much. i'd be eager to see who guerrero is using for sparring. it works both ways.

Guerrero's sparring partners are ok, but not great. On the other hand, who do you get when you face FM...if only Rigo was bigger or Ward smaller. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think there are only two...Lonnie Smith and Jesus Gutierrez.

QUOTE (JammyJam @ Apr 18 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Whoever hit him, hit him good! Errol Spence is the Mayweather and Broner killer apparently lol. I don't truly believe he is gettin his ass beat but i'm sure he is gettin touched up a bit. He is sparring some quality guys and i'm sure he is trying different things in there that get him caught. Plus, we've heard stories about Mayweather taking L's in the past... Spadafora, the asian dude, lamont peterson. Maybe i'm wrong though...

If anyone outside of the Guerrero camp started this rumor....maybe it would have some credence. But seriously, Guerrero Sr. "Heard"....after he saw the same bruise we could all see and hypothesize that Floyd is putting in serious work or Roger nicked him with a pad or he got caught with a punch or a head butt or thumbed.

Maybe he is getting worked by his sparring partners....but I certainly won't believe it based on Team Guerrero's word. Sounds like mind games to me.

Not to mention Errol has debunked (several times) the Broner knockout story. He also says Floyd is killing it in training and will run through Guerrero. Of course, it's not lost on me that he's supposed to say that.

But I believe him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 19 2013, 05:25 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Sure but there must of been a reason to show it then and not now. Clearly Floyd doesn't like looking bad at all, which is most likely why he doesn't let people film them. So why did he in the Cotto fight? Why then and not now

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 19 2013, 05:51 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Gentlemen this is boxing you are going to get touched even Floyd. This is what we want. We want to know that Floyd is going balls to the wall for this fight. It is just like in basketball or football when the players try and beat the shit out of each other. It gets them prepared for the game. He is in fight mode and of course he is going to get touched. I love this and guess what no matter how he is doing in sparring his record his professional record speaks volumes. So while Guerrero Sr. is salivating on the fact that Mayweather may have a black eye and talking about how great his prison stint was he needs to figure out a game plan for Mayweather. Talking shit can only take you so far and the last guy to talk shit majorly like this to Mayweather ended up on his face in the corner post... Mr. Hatton. Don't fuck with the bull if you don't want the horns.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 19 2013, 07:08 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2013, 11:51 AM) *
Gentlemen this is boxing you are going to get touched even Floyd. This is what we want. We want to know that Floyd is going balls to the wall for this fight. It is just like in basketball or football when the players try and beat the shit out of each other. It gets them prepared for the game. He is in fight mode and of course he is going to get touched. I love this and guess what no matter how he is doing in sparring his record his professional record speaks volumes. So while Guerrero Sr. is salivating on the fact that Mayweather may have a black eye and talking about how great his prison stint was he needs to figure out a game plan for Mayweather. Talking shit can only take you so far and the last guy to talk shit majorly like this to Mayweather ended up on his face in the corner post... Mr. Hatton. Don't fuck with the bull if you don't want the horns.

I don't know I think Floyd's more the matador (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:52 AM